DCUO New Power

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SladeOriley, Aug 28, 2015.

1. SladeOriley New Player

Power: Specter
    Movement:Hover/Warp
    Type:Controller
    Tree Categories: Poltergeist, Paranormal

Poltergeist Tree: An arsenal of ghostly attacks that will cause your enemies to quiver in fear

Banhee Cry: Lets out a blood curdling scream that knocks enemies back

Torment: Sends forth grim reaper like character that hurts health

Phantom Limb: Sets forth huge ghostly hand that squeezes foe

Kiss of Death: Shrouds foe in heavy smog emitted from mouth

Astral Projectiles: Unleashes slew of ghostly daggers that knocks opponents down

Spirit Ball: Sends forth huge ball of ghostly energy that sucks in foe then shocks them

Soulnado: Unleashes a whirlwind of tortured souls that briefly entrap enemy

Paranormal Tree: A range of supernatural effects to help you and allies claim victory

Ghost Barrier: Surrounds player and allies in force field for 5 seconds while replenishes health

Intangible: Causes you to replenish health with every hit connected for 10 seconds

Possession: Make foes briefly fight one another

Resurrection: Heals self and allies

Spiritual Drain: Rains down ghostly arrows that drains foes health and gives it to you and allies

Uprising: Summons random created character in your account to aide you in battle (Character cannot regain health so once defeated they are gone)

Monster Bash: Summons Lycans, Werecats, Gargoyles or Ogres to aide in battle for brief period of time

Outside Help: Summons angels or demons to aide you for brief period of time

Limbo: Paralyzes foes for 5 seconds

Reanimate: Revives near by fallen allies (player and npc)

Blink: Teleports you and nearby allies away from heat of battle to heal

Should it be a power in game?

Tell me what you think, Ask questions or Add something new. Thanks for your time.
    • Like x 1
  2. DAFLASH6521 Well-Known Player

Sounds like a mix of Mental, Celestial, and Nature.... I like it
  3. SladeOriley New Player

I was thinking that it should have it's own story line. Doctor Fate or Blood Brother bring the character from the dead (they died from the future) to help even the odds against brainiac since they know the impending danger. Thanks for you time and your interest.
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Goes with the side power of wishful thinking
  5. SladeOriley New Player

Lol maybe so, It doesn't hurt to show creative interest. Thanks for your time
  6. Gwalir Loyal Player

While I think alot of this sounds cool, it seems to me to be more of a Healer powerset than a Controller one. After all, none of the powers you mention giving Power back, but you have 4 (or 5, not sure if Blink is supposed to heal) that heal, plus a power that revives.

Also, I'm not sure how Uprising would work, since many don't have an alt equal to their main, making it so that power would be underpowered on their main. On the flip side, summoning a T7 character via Uprising while playing on a T3 character would be extremely unbalanced.
  7. SladeOriley New Player

What do you think would make it better suited to be a controller character? What would you change? Thanks for your honesty and investing your time.
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Definitely seems to work much better as a healer power than a controller power.

Also, whilst the move Blink sounds really cool, I would hate random pugs blinking me when I don't need to be saved and I'm just doing my rotation, picking someone up or something else. Not a fan of Uprising as well. Just not fair because not everyone has other characters. Maybe I would suggest Uprising could be a supercharge that brings back a person who died and is locked out of the battle back into the battle?
  9. SladeOriley New Player

Those are really good ideas. What would make it a better power if you were to make it your own? Thank you for your honesty and investing your time to read this thread.
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

What about this move:

Graveyard - Summons a large circle around you. Any enemies that die in this circle will be replaced by a graveyard headstone. For every graveyard headstone currently active, you and your teammates standing in the circle will receive a 1% increase in damage when you're in damage role and a 1% increase in health when you're in healer role.
  11. SladeOriley New Player

It sounds awesome!!! Tell me more. I don't post this stuff just for me, but to hear others' point of view. I can take constructive criticism, but have low tolerance for people who are flat out rude.
  12. DAFLASH6521 Well-Known Player

To be completely honest with you.... This is a nice idea... If it does become a power, I'll be the first to get my respec token and change to it!
  13. Here2Help Devoted Player

Hehe, what about this for a move:

Body Split - When used your character will be teleported inside the nearest enemy. Your character will not die or take any damage unless the enemy dies, but you will not be able to do anything. Press the move again to escape the body and return to where you previously were. When the cooldown time runs out and you are still in the enemy's body, you will be teleported back.

I think that could replace Blink which you suggested ^^
  14. SladeOriley New Player

Thanks for your support, I wrote all this down last Sunday on my lunch break. I would change my character DC Crow from quantum to specter to better suit character as well.
  15. SladeOriley New Player

That would seem like an extension of possession. Where you could briefly control enemy to fight against themselves. Body Split sounds almost like a soul yank type effect where it would zombify opponent. That would be sick !!
  16. SladeOriley New Player

Any questions? Feel free to ask.