Dcuo Roles for the Noobies

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by |The 3rror, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Do you even know what salty means?

Funny how you blanked this

Actually you phrased it wrong, "if you do not have the required dom the ads/boss sometimes will not come to you."

Aggro works because tank powers taunt the adds, not once did you mention that. Also the "sometimes" is wrong, if you don't have enough dom for the instace it means you don't have enough willpower (at least thats how I see it referenced) to pull or CC the adds... You never mentioned that the strength of your shields scale to your dominance and resto, you just tell them to mod that way but never explain why. As a new player I would be thinking the tank needs health above all else.

For trolling you got it wrong again. You do not need dominance to debuff, you never explained what the debuffs do ( eg. 7% defense reduction etc) and how new players would know if a debuff is active or not (the red shield, heart, crosshair under their name) Nor did you explain the basics of power over time and power dump/insta power.

I get you are trying to help, but if you are going to make a guide to help new players out (not sure why you posted it here and not in the Oracle Database) at least give out the right information.

Sorry that I sound harsh but new players deserve having all the correct info.

Explain?
    • Like x 1
  2. |The 3rror Committed Player

are you done? not my fault you have special needs :/ now go cry in a corner :)
  3. |The 3rror Committed Player

no i didnt phrase it wrong it just you thinking i said it in a diff way but ill be happy to explain from the runs like hh hoh other raids tank had 49sp and dom wasnt 3k but what confused me more that the boss and ads was on him wasnt on the group and i thought it was a bug stuff like that. and the title wasn't meant for the actual new people im talking to the people that be rude thats t7 and they have troll/dps gear or tank/dps gear sometimes in tank stancedoing dps moves yet they lie saying they been playing dcuo for years plus if they going to play the game make sure they check the background and actually read the tutorials but some ppl dont care bout how much percent the reduc of the debuff so i just put debuff by now people should know when to throw debuffs (again not talking bout the actual new people)
  4. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

ATTENTION:

New players, please do not take anything The 3rror says as fact. Not only are his explanations completely incoherent, but they are filled with false information too. As more knowledgeable players tried to politely correct them, he failed to properly explain himself and began insulting every person who attempted to reason with him. I bet he'll respond to me in a similar manner.

I don't know what made this guy think he had what it takes to right a guide about the roles for new players, but as you can all hopefully see for yourselves, it was a miserable attempt. There are several other threads on these forums in which you can find accurate information on how to play your role and/or power. I wish any new players reading this the best of luck.
    • Like x 3
  5. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Oh dear me.

This is what you wrote

Now on to your reply

The tank had the adds on him because HE IS A TANK AND CASTING ONE OF HIS POWERS AUTOMATICALLY TAUNTS THE ADDS & BOSS (some bosses aggro dump, but I am speaking in general terms here and not specific bosses).. Clearly you do not know what taunting is... Its basic Tanking 101 -- Don't give advice if you don't know anything about the subject.

The Irony of that sentence.. I think you should read some tutorials.

You never explained when they know a debuff is active, how long they last, and of course they should know the % effect they have. Besides that you failed to mention the basics on how trolls give power to their group. Again in this case its Controlling 101.
    • Like x 2
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I appreciate the effort. Will give you an A for that. ;)

But I have to join the others....... The way you phrased it..... it does sound like you are saying that DOM is affecting aggro. :(

When you phrase it like with low DOM add/boss will not come to you.
    It makes it sound like Tank with low DOM will not aggro add/boss.
  7. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

o_O I'm sure people have told you that wrong by now
    • Like x 1
  8. MrB Dedicated Player

So this is how I end up with comments like "Do you have enough dom to aggro the boss?" when the boss does a scripted attack and people don't dodge it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

10. darkscarletx Loyal Player

People never learn... We say Newbies or new players. There's a difference.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

for trolls mods are dont need to be vit/dom thats more preference :)

and those would in blue and/or yellow sockets for anyone wondering :p
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

instead of trying to discredit the post why not try to add to it and be helpful?
  13. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Yo as we all appreciated the effort you took to make an mini guide, as seen at the comments you get on your threath ( sarcasm)

It is kinda mis informed and i suggest you close this threath, before more ******** comments will come or start en endles discussion.:D

#goaheadgrammarpolice