Thinking of coming back just a few questions?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Schnoz, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Schnoz New Player

Is pvp any better?
    Has the community grown?
    Are certain powers still OP and FoM players still around?
    Is it worth coming back at all?
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Are you serious?
    Im jsut asking because those are the things that are most messed up atm.
    • Like x 3
  3. Talwe Well-Known Player

No
    No
    Yes
    No
    • Like x 11
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

The only reason to come back at this point is if someone is paying you too.
    • Like x 4
  5. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

Don't bother comin back. The game is totally screwed right now. For almost everyone on a ps3 & some people on ps4 you cannot see any adds, bosses or even your teammates. It's completely BS right now.
    • Like x 2
  6. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Never thought I'd say this.....no.
  7. Schnoz New Player

Jeez I didn't think I'd get all no answers. Thanks everyone.
  8. SecondAccount New Player

if you want to see the slow march to the sea and decline of a game, sure
  9. WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5 Well-Known Player

Even if they paid me I would not play:D

Duels/Arena is like One Hit K,O. Even in legends dmg is high
    Nope, fell
    Yeah, more legal cheaters exists with op powers
    No way.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zylo Committed Player

The game is a complete and utter joke than what it used to be and the ppl who are mostly enjoying it are the ppl who the game is being caterd to which is the crud majority DPS. dont even bother comeing back and just go and spend your money some were eles. until the day that all the insane damage that the DPS is finally taken away and brought back to the way it was used to be(which might be already to late) is when ppl will come back.
  11. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

That is: Come back when gaming features do not severely undermine one another.

Examples:
    Support vs DPS Roles
    PVP vs PVE elements
    Legendary vs Premium Memberships
    • Like x 1
  12. bagofboom Committed Player

We'd like for you to come back. We need all the people we can get. For those of us that love this game it's important to have a strong unified community. That being said, if you're all just pointing out negativity in a non-constructive manner you aren't doing anything to help fix the problems that you take issue with. Your opinion IS valid, I just think we need to find a new way to discuss what we (not myself, I have almost no issues with DCUO atm) as a community dislikes. If someone asks if they should come back the answer should be a resounding "Yes" and THEN list some things they wanna watch for.
    If someone is willing to contribute to the community and to the betterment of the game as a whole then they should be encouraged to be here.
    But, if you can't get over some of the changes that have been made and can't be positive about it then, no, don't come back.
    It's a fun game. A GAME. Nothing more, nothing less. You either enjoy it or you do not. If you ever take it out of context and apply more meaning to it than a source of entertainment then that's a "you" problem.
    I play. And I pay to do so because it's worth it to me. The moment I feel otherwise I'm out the door. But I will not be here bashing the game in the end if I do leave. And if I come back, ill also do that of my own volition and not due to what people around me say.
    Come back. Give it a shot. Have some fun with us on DCUO, there's far more good than bad. *climbs off soapbox* ;)
    Long Live DCUO!!
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The Devs did this to the PVP Community. They killed pretty much all the hope the PVP community had for DCUO (I mean they literally managed to piss off and run off people of all different opinions on what to do with the PVP...which is pretty impressive in a sad way).

So when someone ask if they should come back for PVP the answer is a resounding "No" (sure if PVE is a player's thing there is stuff to do...but this isn't the PVE section). Experienced players and non-experienced players alike have tried to offer feedback, opinions, and even help with testing only for all of them to be ignored for the most part. In the end the Developers have shown they have no desire to repair the PVP Community and only use it to make a quick buck here and there with no quality time invested into it. This has been going on for months.

P.S: The reason some of us "bash" the game even after quitting is because we still feel extremely disappointed and aggravated after spending years playing DCUO only to have the PVP turned into what it currently is. Which is a massive disappointment.
    • Like x 9
  14. bagofboom Committed Player

I cannot speak on pvp as I don't play it often (cuz I suck at it) so my opinion on that matter is moot. And though he asked about pvp he didn't state wether or not that's all he was concerned with, so, my bad on that part.
    But I stand by statement on the game as a whole and as long as people still spend their money on the game and are active in pvp it will remain as is I'm sure. I've read many complaints about it (pvp) but I don't see it as a problem, what little pvp I run it seems fine and when I do queue up for it the wait is almost nonexistent so it's obviously populated enough, therefore popular enough, that maybe the devs are ok with it. Idk.
    As with any business, those in a position of power will ALWAYS follow the money and craft their service accordingly. If pve is what is profitable that will be the focus. And if pvp has issues they will, in time, be addressed. Those that are concerned with pvp need to remain vocal but in a positive constructive manner. Mostly, as with many people, we block out the hate speech and ignore it and it's the positive constructive ideas and comments we put stock in. It's human nature.
    I feel you. They should fix whatever issues we the consumers say need to be fixed. But as long as pve keeps the lights on, that will get the primary focus and pvp will be on the back burner. Simmering and cooking....slowly.
    Long Live DCUO!!
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

And that is just a sugar coated PvP is fine statement.
    Plus that backburner statement is just very ignorant.. it made me throw up a little

Sorry dude. You're very late.
    issues were actually going to be addressed but instead of there being some sort of adjustment, there was an even greater rift created. At this point... things look grim. And no it's not negative outlook. It's the bitter truth
    Ive seen both sides of the coin and PvP is definitely not fine.
    • Like x 2
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Well, as far as the rift that was created, even though its looking very grim now, one can still hold out hope.

Just look at the GU50, Tunso Testing and Player Testing thread. That is a positive thing that has happened as a result of negative things - ignored powers in GU50, Devs finally showing information on their focus when developing and tuning powers.
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh of course that came of it, but that's PvE.
    PvP has to treat fixes like a coveted treasure or even a mention of some sort of thing like that.

Not trying to be super negative, but that's just being down to earth.
  18. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Sorry man, the game's done for at the moment. I'm saying this as a person that actually loves the game. I knew I was never going to quit, but I did let my sub run out and started playing another game because it's actually to that point now. I won't quit because I put a lot of time in and my toon is badA with 210SP and a lot of cool styles and I love zerging stuff, but I only occasionally check in and do a few things.
  19. Soul Dedicated Player

The only real reason to play this game, PvE and PvP alike, is playing with friends.

If you play to have a good time with people you like, you'll even find PvP enjoyable in its current miserable state.

I came back a week ago after more than a couple of months, to find out PvP is even worse than it was when Season 3 came out, I wasn't surprised, but I can still enjoy it on a non-competitive note, Just as I did before.

So bottom line, it depends on your approach and expectations:
    Do you want to come back to PvP for it alone, or is it something about the people or game mechanics that you just miss and feel like picking up again.
    No matter how bad it gets there's no PvP like this around.. (Which is why everyone is bitter, seeing it in this state)

Even if only for Nostalgia sake, this game is still entertaining, imo. :p
  20. Soulmass Well-Known Player

1. No it's gotten worse and that's putting it lightly.
    2. Yes and no, the community gains new players daily but has lost just as many and mostly pvp veterans and people who loved it for years but gave up on it with how the devs have handled pvp in general.
    3. Yes 4 years of the devs "trying" to balance powers and still there has always been a FOTM power and people who switch to said power power just because it's OP.
    4. If it's pve you are looking for sure though all the new content is way way to easy and catered to bad DPS players and an overall decline in good players. Coming back just for pvp I really wouldn't advise, the only thing the devs have done to pvp is surprise surprise add more legend characters which some are OP and broken "cough" Shazam so they tend to sell well, I'm sure that's not some weird coincidence though right ?. The devs have clearly given up on arenas simply because there's no money in it which really saddens me because pvp arenas is wha I lived for. But for pvp you don't really need a sub so you could just come try it for free with no loss.

P.S. Sorry if my answers came off a bit negative just a very disgruntled pvper who loved pvp so much only to see it wither and die but those are my honest feelings. Though I will say if a part of you misses pvp and wanted to play it again nothing is stopping you just it's not really the same it's like the life energy of pvp is gone for a lack of a better term.
    • Like x 1