I know it's Tuesday, but ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drifting Dreamer, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Today I’d like to talk about value and getting one’s moneys worth.

Yesterday I was out grocery shopping when I realized, what a rip off cereal is! Anybody ever compared the suggested serving size to total weight?? Did you realize you’re paying for 7 days’ worth of cereal?? Seriously, you mean to tell me that I HAVE to eat one bowl of this every day to get my value out of it?? Simply [IMG]!
    So, apparently, I’m paying for 7 days of cereal, meaning I have to eat it every one of those days, or else, I’m just not getting my monies worth, am I!

It’s the same with this game. I pay $15 a month and am FORCED to play every single day! If I miss even one day, I’m wasting money! I could blame this on an over bloated since of entitlement or a misconceived notion of addiction, but I don’t. I blame it on the devs and the game. If Membership wasn’t so much of a rip off I might feel differently, but it isn’t. I pay $15 dollars a month and get nothing but a headache and the absolute requirement to log in every single day. Its not like they give me stuff, so what I can hit the Vault every day, or am given $5 to spend on their useless crap on the Markletplace, or Replay Badges, or Content, or powers, or anything! No, all I get is a useless game that I have to play every single day. Most of the time I log in and just fly around for three hours, doing nothing, and then log out. This make me feel like I am getting my monies worth, but, I might be done, this game is just so boring, there’s nothing to do!

Why do they even give us free content as Members?! That stuff is so unentertaining! And the free powers?! All the powers are so dumb, and not even comic book related! I mean, what superhero has Ice for powers? Geez!
    So, I think, I’m not going to unsub! Rather, because this will show the devs, I’m going to keep my account, keep playing, and complain every day about what a rip off this game is and how they are stealing my money and forcing me to play!!
    Total Rip!
    • Like x 4
  2. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

That thread confused the hell out of me.
    • Like x 3
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The DCUO devs are closer to us than cereal devs. When was the last time a cereal dev wrote back to you? did a live steam? spawned random stuff in your product (OK... we wouldn't want that feature for cereal)?
    • Like x 9
  4. akaivy Dedicated Player

I wish my cereal would remind me it was getting soggy when I get distracted playing dcuo. I hate soggy cereal.
    • Like x 4
  5. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

I wouldn't mind as random toy or piece of candy spawning on my cereal. Reminds me of when cereals had small extras like collectibles and such.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

I hate how the Nutrition Facts list skim milk. I drink whole milk and/or chocolate milk. There is no other type of milk. (Except goat, almond [not activated], and coconut.)
    • Like x 2
  7. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I think I'll go have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios!
    • Like x 1
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

I was going to reply to this thread but I cant now. Ilaughed so hard at this I lost my training of thought to try and reply to whatever this thread was talking about. LOL

Thank you Shadow <3
    • Like x 4
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

hey man...that's pretty Heart Healthy of ya lol
    • Like x 2
  10. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Don't forget powdered and soy.
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

LMAO...you get your money worth in $5 worth of RB and 500 LP, another $5 value. the last $5 values comes into play if you get 2 Lockboxes a month, which covers the total $15.

The issues I have is that Lockboxes this far into the game should not be openable by premium and F2P members. Legendary players should get a box every 3 hours of game time and 12 hours for premium and 36 for F2P. This would add value to being Legendary and will let premium and F2P get some styles they may not have access to otherwise and would help get more players to sub.

I would also liket to state sub get unlimited in game cash. As I stated in another thread; this is a long overdue change for all players. All players should have unlimited or at least give premium players added in game cash for each eposide purchased.

I would like to see Legendary get this so that if I play 1 day a month or 30 I know I'm getting a true $15 in value for my sub. Other MMO games give subs the value of the sub in MP cash. Just sayin...

I would like to see 300 Replay Badgets ($10 value) and 500 Loyalty Points ($5 value) for a total of $15 value.

If they do this, they could give F2P and Premium players access to lockboxes as I outlined above and access to more in game cash.

Why can a premium player buy a rare aura that sells in the broker for over a million but cannot sell it in the broker for that price or buy it.

The game pricing model is a bit dated and needs some updated. Along with newer and desired MP items.
  12. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

We definitely need threads like this with all negativity. Tough a mod might end up moving it to Funhouse rather than delete it.
    • Like x 1
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

Bet you'd feel differently if it suddenly spawned in the cereal that's already in your mouth....while you're chewing it.....in your mouth
    • Like x 1
  14. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

Would be worst halfway down my throath, tough. Silver linings.
  15. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

It must be done...
    [IMG]
    InB4FunhouseMove
    • Like x 4
  16. akaivy Dedicated Player

Maybe they could include a free minion who knew the Heimlich Maneuver
    • Like x 1
  17. Xanoth Dedicated Player

So, I bought 7 days worth of cereal, paid extra to eat it all in one day.

Next day, where the hell is my cereal? I paid for 7 days worth!
    • Like x 3
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not sure if a gotham thread or a funhouse thread.
    • Like x 1
  19. akaivy Dedicated Player

Well, it started out one way, but we decided to focus on the food.
    • Like x 2
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

That's because the cereal wasn't challenging enough to eat. Cereal Devs need to make cereal less boring so you can eat 7 days worth in 1 day but somehow still feel full for 7 days.
    • Like x 3