Should we demand more of this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fies Committed Player

1.ask kindly -> 2.demand -> 3.still not solved..well "spectacle"/breakup/tell everyone and their moms how that company suckz
    Most are already at stage 3.
  2. Oriole New Player

well that's totally worng players help fix the game they help promote the game as well. There is or was a problem with PS3 players not being able to see NPC's and at times other players someone that wasn't a Dev help some players fix that situation on a temporarily basis, so saying players to fix the game is wrong on your part, heck players have found glitches that have help fixed the game so what in the world are you talking about? Its not a waste of time to be more demanding because they see what we are demanding if the lack of feedback we are getting and nothing will get done thinking nothing will get done so lets not waste our time in telling them what we want so no....
  3. Oriole New Player

Now that probably isn't a Dev but more of a staff and higher above issue's I don't blame the game devolpers for the action of a separate portion of the company thats on Daybreak and the blame should go to them not the Dev's
  4. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

YES WE SHOULD DEMAND ANSWERS WHEN ANSWERS ARE NEEDED!
    • Like x 2
  5. E Clip Dedicated Player

I demand/ask from the devs only one thing: start playing the game as a player with a limited budget, no dev shortcuts for gearing up etc, no purchasing of RB etc, play the game as we do and get good at it. Perhaps then they'll start understanding us.
    • Like x 3
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

But as I mentioned earlier, whether you're asking for things or demanding them, it's pretty helpful to keep realistic expectations about the results of those questions/demands in mind from the very start.

If someone can't (or won't) do that, it's going to be tough for me to have a whole lot of sympathy for them when they throw that tantrum and make a spectacle of themselves.
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

makes da money js
  8. Antwoman Dedicated Player

correct
  9. Oriole New Player

I will also agree if I read it as well lol
  10. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Beware asking uncomfortable questions or making demands!

I am just coming off a one week ban for, get this…
    ASKING A QUESTION

In the thread…

DCUO's Gear/CR Model is just a Rat Race. Where's the fun?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...del-is-just-a-rat-race-wheres-the-fun.258256/

On Monday (8/17) our Community Manager, who apparently does not know what the term FORUM means, posted a table showing the coming gear levels in the next few episodes, and THEN asked for questions.

I asked one.

“Why are mods and skill points not factored into CR?”. I asked this in a straight forward manner with no disrespect or sarcasm and in fact ended the question with “thanks”.

The post was deleted. I reposted and was then banned for seven days for reposting and “derailing” an otherwise positive thread. What MEPPS really meant was that my question made him uncomfortable and that he did not want to answer it. His prerogative but he COULD have simply said that. Instead with no message sent to me, I was out for a week.

No problem with that either. They can ban us for any reason at any time.

But I dislike hypocrisy , unprofessional behavior, childish pique and evading the issue. All of which out Community Manager has been making a habit of lately and surely not just with me.

A FORUM in any venue is supposed to be an open exchange of ideas and opinions. Even those we disagree with.

Except here.

Here a Forum is a place where we can discuss anything that doesn’t make the Community Manager uncomfortable, call the direction of the game into question, or happens to be posted when the children running the joint happen to be cranky.

Again, no real problem with this. As they say “it’s their bats and balls”

But I have a prerogative as well, and am exercising it. I have been here since launch and have spent thousands on the game. In fact, I have brought dozens of others into the game who have spent a lot of money as well. We are now , no longer subscribing or playing DCUO. We have taken our presence and money to ESO, so this will be my last thread.

I stayed through THE HACK, GU3, Replays, AM/WM and the total dumbing down of the game to a sleep inducing exercise. I remained a loyal player and for the most part defender of the game for nearly five years. I even continued to play every day when it became more chore than fun in the hopes that things would turn around.

I accepted the fact that vets have been completely marginalized in the game.

What I do not accept is being treated so disrespectfully by a child who has done this to scores of other posters. This time it’s going to cost DCUO a few bucks.

To posters like Roxy Stormbringer, Derio, Score and Backseid you guys have made it a lot of fun and I wish you all well! To the posters who I DID not agree with, YOU guys also made it fun, having the courage to back up your opinions (unlike the Community Manager).

Stay well all.

(I’d give you my stuff but I’ve deleted the game from the PS4 J)
    • Like x 4
  11. Uncle Voodoo Well-Known Player

I agree with this wholeheartedly, the level of unprofessionalism has hit an all time low at Daybreak games. Not only will you notice it on all the game forums, but also in all the social media outlets that their employees use. This lack of respect for their customer base in not localized to just one game, it is towards Daybreak game's customer base as a whole on all of their IPs. It is a trickle down effect emanating from the company president downwards. When the president of the company makes poor decisions and treats the customer base like crap, it sends a message to his employees that it is "ok" to do the same.
    • Like x 1
  12. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I just got the same BAN for the same REASON. I ASKED a question then because of the way i EMPHASIS certain words PEOPLE were more inclined to COMMENT on that which in turn made the thread NON-CONSTUCTIVE and so they BANNED me for 5 DAYS.

BOTTOM LINE: I USED to STAND UP and DEFEND the DEVS in this game but for the RECENT ACTIVITY THEY did to me i will NO LONGER CARE what gets CHANGED because of WHINERS and will CONTINUE to watch this game KEEP GOING DOWNHILL. I for one am PROBABLY DONE now with this game, because if WE can't ASK QUESTIONS without getting BANNED then this by far is NOT the community i want to deal with. I WILL JUST TAKE MY MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

OMG stop doing that, just write like any other person would already.
    • Like x 1
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

I agree on everything, but that, everyone needs to stop complaining about replays already, they aren't free, they don't guarantee a high lvl item drop, or any kind of success in content, all they do is allow you to run the content and still get rewarded for it, without having to wait a day, but again, it isn't free. 150 replay badges, that aren't even good for 2 raids, costs $5.00, meaning for a minimum wage employee that's almost an entire hour worth of work just for 150 replay badges. 350 replay, good for just 4 raid runs, again with no guaranteed you will actually get a high lvl drop in any of those, or even success for that matter, is $10.00, which is about 2 hours of work. Replay doesn't give you any buffs, better gear, more marks, doing content does, but even with the replay badges, if you don't beat the content, then it's all for nothing. And if a player wants to spend $50 on replay, LET HIM, it's his choice to do so, because again the randomness does not go away. Oh and let's not forget the players like myself, who have to keep 9 alts in check, if I had to actually had to wait a week to run the raids with each, it would take years to finish one single style, much less ever leaving a tier at that rate. Then you have the working people, again like myself, who at best have 2 days to actually dedicate time to the game, or at least enough time to run raids, alerts and duos, because the other 5 we barely have time for the small group content. So again stop blaming replay for anything, if a player advances too fast, lucky him, if you decide to take the long road, it's your choice, but content is the same for both players, both have the same chances, only that one will run it more then the other.
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

The answer is simple, and chances are he thought you where trolling as this is supposed to be common knowledge by now.
    First, Skill Points have never, ever, since day one, factored into CR at all, so honestly I don't even know why you asked that.
    Second, Mods where removed from the CR equation at GU 47, so they do not matter as far as CR goes, given this wasn't so long ago I understand if you may have missed it.
    • Like x 1
  16. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I WILL write how i want thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.