Wonder how DCUO Players would react to a Prison Server

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by undrline, Aug 19, 2015.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/the-prison-server-experiment-drunder.562937/

How I read it, if it's not a joke, it's an interesting alternative to the lifetime ban. Here's how I understand it. Those players' toons get a server of their own to cheat and exploit and be as mean as they want to be to each other. There is absolutely no support or moderation of that server at all, and they're left to their own devices. Other players can ask to switch to that server, but it's a one-way trip, and is only for ongoing subscribers.

Discuss.
    • Like x 9
  2. Fies Committed Player

Publicity.
  3. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Love the idea. Maybe that will clean this place up.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

Too good of a punishment for players of this game, if you feel the need to do all that negative activity than you should be perma banned. :cool:
    • Like x 4
  5. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Yes because DC should waste more resources than fixing the current problems . All this would do is make it more impossible to find people for raids.
    • Like x 2
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Might as well be permabanned. DCUO doesnt even have a high enough population for that to even be effective. But it would probably be a dream come true for those people who role play and just want an empty DCUO world to themselves.
    • Like x 8
  7. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

the people that would be "eligible" for that server might not be the kind of players I'd want to team with. Takes fewer resources to point a account to a server than ban an ip from several
    • Like x 3
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I wouldn't mind sending a character to that server
    • Like x 1
  9. Aren Sul Committed Player

I'll say this much, figuring out a way to have people regularly pay to what would have been a lifetime ban, and provide minimal to nonexistent support - well that's capitalistically clever. And now I just realized there is a small Luthor-like part of my brain that is impressed by the concept. Dare I even say it's like building a prison and getting the prisoners to pay for it?
    • Like x 14
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

While I am not so sure the DEV team should waste time setting up an entire new server JUST to let people that can't obey the rules and /or obey even the basic rules of TOS finding it harder to fill a RAID team is hardly what I would consider my first concern.

We are talking players that constantly use cheats to beat certain raids and obtain the best gear totally ignoring the fact that the way the did it violates the TSO. We are talking about players that log on and sit in chat spouting off one obscene racist comment after another or purposely try to find ways to cheat the system or other players. In short .. we are talking about SCUM. I'd prefer to wait an extra 5-10 minutes for a decent player and ban these type of people permanently that have them on any team I have joined.

I realize this is another Daybreak game so it may, in fact, be a possibility here down the road.... But what I see is just another way to TRY and keep as many people playing and throwing cash at the game as possible even if they break the very rules Daybreak set up in the TOS. Honestly kind of makes you wonder why the TOS exists at all doesn't it? They want our money so bad that even if a player proves to be a total dirt bag breaking rule after rule that THEY set up to govern the game.. We'll just create a special server for them and left them do anything they want.
    • Like x 3
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

READ the description carefully.. You don't send A CHARACTER there.... Your entire account is moved there permanently. It is not a case of playing 2 alts on the EUPC and 5 on the USPC server. All your alts go there and can never come back AND there is no Free to Play or Premium you MSUT maintain a subscription to stay on that server

Still sound interesting?
    • Like x 1
  12. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Yea, maybe not for my main account but I would consider subscribing to a second account OR bum one off a friend who no longer plays. I think it's an interesting idea.

On the same hand, DC servers don't work like EQ's. I'm sure it would be possible to send an alt over
    • Like x 1
  13. Radium Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure that server would end up with a higher population then our current one.
    • Like x 7
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I thought the same thing...
    • Like x 2
  15. X-zero Loyal Player

That would be pretty interesting. People who are disruptive will be gone from the general population. They would also be paying a sub giving money to the game. Because perma-banning also takes money from the game.
    • Like x 2
  16. cinnamon demon New Player

It seems like a bad idea, frankly.
  17. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

"Hateful, racial or vulgar type offenses that would normally get you banned, will still get you banned."

So basically there is no benefit at all from playing in this server at all, its like playing on a private server but still giving the company money.

Its a waste of our time and space to divide the community even more, and if such a dumb thing is implemented I am going to unsubscribe, and just go play other MMOs, I just can't allow that kind of communism to go on unpunished in my favorite MMO.
  18. TheAnticipated Well-Known Player

Can we name the server "The Phantom Zone" ???
    • Like x 8
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

Interesting idea, but if I was to play devil's advocate I'd point out two possible negative outcomes.

The first being that risk of a ban on a toon that someone's invested time in is a primary deter ant to bad behavior. If someone's primary character could never be banned because it's on the prison server that wouldn't stop them from making alt accounts on the main server when they feel they want to stir something up. In fact it might encourage them because they'd feel their main character is safe. You see this all the time on the forum when a New Member account is spouting off about something suspiciously similar in tone and cadence to someone who's an Active Member.

Second it could potentially give players a testing ground for hacks, exploits and other cheats before taking them to the main server.

I'm still interested in the idea, but just thought I'd point out some possible outcomes. I generally feel safe assuming that a good chunk of people will take the worst possible action whenever possible.
    • Like x 4
  20. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I think some people would be angered by this proposal, seeing that a number of people that I know that glitched stuff are Premium. However, DGC could potentially increase profits by making this move, but we could potentially lose many players to this server. All in all, this could be a double-edged sword that we may not want. Personally, I just want the ToS to be enforced to the letter when people use any type of exploit without reporting it.