Developers: Ideas on how to Revitalize PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Zoros, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I agree with your list, I'm just bummed out that we've fallen so far :(

Kind of off topic but, has there been any official word on why no new FNL's have been announced? I think I know but I just didn't see an official announcement.
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What am now is stronger than rage am pre-nerf? What am now is hitting harder that wm melee pre-nerf?
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

They're only focusing on PvE.
    And I doubt they have time for FNL now
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So no legends players started doing arenas after season 3?
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Why is there a distinction between "Legend players" and "Arena players"
    Do you run around in the Gotham section going "Hey you are a duo player your opinion should not count in a raid?"
    • Like x 2
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yes, there were the "original" precision combo AMs at the start of Season 3. Yes, there was WM at the start of Season 3.

No, the "original" AMs did not hit harder than AMs do now--AMs hit harder now than ever before. No, WM did not hit harder than AMs do now.

True, "original" AMs and WM were a problem at the start of Season 3. Season 3 ended up being a disaster because those problems kept getting bigger and bigger as they added more and more AM mechanics that were more powerful than the last.
    • Like x 2
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Is it an am now that can one shot whole teams?
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Some pve players only run duos and solos fyi. Legends and arenas use to be a lot more different than it is now. And yes it is a difference
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

My point is that blaming unbalances in a game that always had them is crazy. It's not one point in pvp where there wasn't an op power or weapon. I'm looking at when pvp started to decline, most others are in denial
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

No.
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

PvP started to decline because they took those imbalances, boosted them, and made them even more imbalanced than they were before. It's to the point that there is virtually no way to mitigate the advantage of those few imbalances.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Bezerk before it got nerfed was one shotting whole 5s teams if the team was caught, and players use to come in matches with 100% sc. I know it was hard to catch an experienced team off guard, but it still happened
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

It wasn't a one-shot. Agree it was not balanced.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Before big scoop wm combo was nerfed, it could crit for 30k, there is no am that hit that hard right now. Brawling wm and 1h wm was almost as strong. I don't think pc had this problem, but on ps3 a mental and sorcery user could make it so you couldn't literally do nothing for an entire match. When dcuo was first released an ice dps was like a tank. Every time reflect was casted they had 6 secs of invincibility. This is just a few examples of op powers in pvp
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Beserk was a one-shot, it lasted like 10secs
  16. Zoros Active Player

Could we please get back on task before this thread becomes another failed statistic like some of the other meaningful threads that got locked for no longer being constructive/people getting angry with eachother and starting to veer away from the purpose of the thread. Pitbull, please create your own ideas on how to renew pvp or provide constructive feedback to other people's ideas, don't be too defensive, everyone has a difference of opinion, just learn to accept that we can't always change what people think, stay positive, focused, and on topic.

"Don't be too defensive"- Pit please stop attempting to refute almost everyones feedback, be positive and constructive, everyone has a different view. There is bound to be a view you disagree with, but sometimes that's okay, let people voice what they have to say, and if you want to say something about it, critique it in a positive way, don't just assume people are completely wrong/incorrect.
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Point me out, lol all i did was express my opinion, i didn't get defensive, the players who don't agree are. I didn't quote no one with my first post. Just because my opinions are different, i'm derailing the thread? Where did i bash someone because of there opinion?

Edit: read talve response to me, and tell me again how i'm the negative person again, or how i'm the one who is derailing the thread
    • Like x 1
  18. Zoros Active Player

19. Respawn timers - This one has been pretty prevalent within threads over the past year. Rid the timing system they have now and make respawn universally 5 seconds after each death. I'm not sure if you guys like the respawn timer they have in place now, but I would personally prefer a 5 second timer at all times. I expect some people may disagree with this idea, this is fine, if you do, could you explain why the timer they have in place now would be better than a set timer of 5 seconds after each death for everyone?

Too many times I have lost because my opponent had quick 0-3 second timers after their death and I constantly had 12 seconds, the time disparity can really impact the outcome of the arena, especially if the node is a bit harder to recover like shadowlands.
    • Like x 1
  19. Saami Loyal Player

I can only say it for myself, but after i got all feats ive been mostly waited for visible rankings.
    Yes, i know about FNL but it is way too late in my timezone.
  20. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I don't mind the respawn timer anything outside of 1v1's and 2v2's as it allows teams to spawn together.

I have no idea why they decided to use a wave style respawn timer in a 1v1.
    1v1 and 2v2 (?) can have 5 seconds while 4v4+ keeps the current respawn timer [As most 4v4's+ are not affected by respawn timers as much as 1v1's and 2v2's are]. I would kind of suck in a deathmath if players are spawning one by one.

Also 13 second respawn bug fix would be nice.
    • Like x 1