what could bring you back to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ermike, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Black Arrowette Well-Known Player

Oh wow another FemRoe. Cheers on not being common :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

This brings up point that may be of help. It seems many games are making MMO type that do not take classify themselves as MMOs. So in a way, DCUO may have more competition within its genre.
    • Like x 1
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

What could bring me back ?

I guarnteed loot progression system that requires completion of hardest content but with a guaranteed reward that can't be fully completed til the end if the life span of the tier ... Replays can not be used to quicken your gearing process for best gear in each episode

Example

Let's say a typical raid has 3 bosses ...

Each boss has a fragment of a generic mark (mark of completion) biss one grants you fragment 1 biss 2 fragment 2 and boss 3 fragment 3 when all three fragments are gathered that week they will create mark of completion ... With a mark of completion you go to the vendor that gives you 1 of the 4 pieces of highest cr gear that episode... The kicker is the fragments don't get reset with replays so you can only buy one puece a week by the end of the 4 weeks if you've completed it every week you will have 4 pieces of the best gear from that episode ... By the end of 3 months you'll have a complete set ... This slows gearing progression and brings back the "if you do the best content you get handsomely rewarded" way DC used to be like

If there is an elite raid or alert in that episode they no longer lock you out of the elite raid if you haven't done the standard ... You can go right into it... Hiwever you're on,y allowed one piece if vendir gear a week if you beat both versions you still only get 1 piece so it's up to the player to decide do I want to use this standard mark and get the standard gear or do I want to try for the elite first and if all else fails I can still use this mark ... There's no beating both raids getting two pieces of gear for the week

Now how do they make replays still a viable sourcevof income since that's what it's used for and that's why we have the model we have now ...

Make 4 styles

Vendor style and 3 drop styles
    The three drop styles 2 have stats and one is just a style ... Each style is earth 50 fat points

These styles are not placed in the style vendor until the next tier (when the three months of content is up) requiring you to have to replay if you ant to complete them before the 3 month period

Also adding legendary items akway generate replays legendary weapons rings and necks in each epuside would generate appeal

Replays are already used to buy skill points giving plenty of reasons to replay

For me this would entice me to come back

I personally hate the random loot system for best gear it's gambling whether they like to call it that or not

I like to have my hard work rewarded not be a disappointment 9 times outta 10

I will ve coming back for a month to check out atomic but I'm sure it won't keep me here too long
    • Like x 2
  4. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I went to town when I discovered their Character Creation.
  5. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

I would say fixing PvP and the new UI... if it ever gets worked on again. For PvP severely tone down the damage of WM and AM. 1 AM or WM combo shouldn't one shot someone. For Legends Shazam, Black Adam, Two-Face, Catwoman, Lex, Cheetah, Bizarro need adjustments. Some more than others *cough Shazam, Black Adam, Catwoman cough.*

For PvE I guess more creative mechanics. Probably a couple of puzzles in raids and adds like Inner Sanctum to keep people busy.
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I wish I could choose the language of dubbing and subtitle language and interface.
    Example original English dubbing and subtitles in Italian and interface for example ...
  7. Errorcode1058 New Player

Got bored and checked in on this forum. Haven't logged into the game or forum since that rediculous update which penalized people for moving forward through CR progression by declaring content 'Irrelevant.'

I may or may not log in ever again, so go ahead and give me biggest, baddest ban you've got...

1). Bring back Rock, Paper, Scissors in PVP.
    2). Crafting that matters. Eliminating crafted materials from PVP was a BIG mistake.
    3). Aftershock Mechanic for Earth.
    4). Separate story lines/instances for heroes and villains. I know, I know...that would mean the dev team would have to create twice as many bugged, half a$$ed instances monthly.

Which brings me to...

5). I want the heads of the developers who designed/mandated WM, Awesome Mechanics, and Marks of Victory (?) available for hanging in my base. This is the appropriate way to inform each and every one of the slackers that they are in fact FIRED.

Oh, and meaningful/lengthy in-game bans for people on test servers posting videos on how to beat new content before PS release.
    • Like x 6
  8. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

lmao you snapped hard...keep telling the truth
    • Like x 2
  9. Zylo Committed Player

Strike 1: not making Skill points matter in a massive way. 1st year of the game life span when it was 98skill points. They really made your hero/villain stronger and better than everyone eles who didint want to put the work into getting them.

Strike 2: the insane DPS pvp catering. It needs to be undone and the damage that they do needs to be toned down. Roles need to be relevant in 1v1s and 2v2s again.

Strike 3: Canceling expiremental syrum and replacing it whit...."sigh" atomic. This was the final nail for me. I was so freaken happy when I heard the news and couldint wait for expiremental syrum to be released. The second i heard the news atomic was now going to be it instead or expiremental syrum I went and canceld my auto renewal.

If those 3strikes were to be fixed, then I'll come back.
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Edit:
    This brings up a point that may be of help. It seems many developers are making games with MMO elements. So in a way, DCUO may have more competition than players realize.
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

Go back to the game model of 2+ years ago
    • Like x 2
  12. Luminescence New Player

Oh you're well know :)
  13. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

14. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Haven't played since December...

This is the first time I've even logged on to the forums to post in months....

What would it take to get me back?

Hmm...

Let's see...
    For me, WM & AM played a large part in ruining the game.
    Stat clamping seasonals - the single WORST part of the game (which I want to curb stomp quickly to get the feats on new characters and wouldn't run without the feats = why make something that's no fun even worse?)
    The way the devs listen to a few key elitist players, sometimes ignoring anyone else's feedback...
    Changes made just to try to get us to pay for power respec and such: IF you want my money, make a fun game! Don't mess it up hoping I'll pay more! (To me, buying a power respec because the latest update ruined my power would be like tipping the waiter a little more for urinating in my soup)
    And, having read the forums, making old content - needed for feats - a waste of time. New rewards? HA! That's like saying the vault is a perk! (It's like saying - Hey! If you move to LA, you can breathe in all the smog you want! Great deal, isn't it?)

Basically, if the devs would fix what they've broken and quit messing up the game hoping that we'll spend more money, they might get my money back.
    Fat chance of that, IMO.
    • Like x 4
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Judging by the posts in this thread. Apparently alot. Most post talking about the power struggle, AM and WM, and neglect of support roles. Also the lack of open world content and fresh raid mechanics.
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Forgot about support roles...
    I think the devs did, too...

My first love in this game was trolling.

By the end, I refused to troll.
    Then I just quit playing.

Pre-GU 36 trolling was a fun challenge (Unless you had 3 HL dps or more in your group - then it was a real headache)

Oh, and let's not forget PvP.
    What was once a lot of fun...

I miss what this game was.
    I refuse to play what it has become.
    • Like x 6
  17. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

And we miss you, Stranger!!
    • Like x 2
  18. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I miss you guys too, Dreamer.
    You, Dam, Carlynn, Zod, Melvin, Mothman, Enquirer, Feenix, Heiny, Red, Jenni, Soulmass, and Toto, too!
    (I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment)
    • Like x 3
  19. Grid Ion Committed Player

Bring back jump cancelling and clipping as it was Pre GU36. Drop PS3 and I might think of coming back. As of now this game is hopeless. I left a year back with no regrets. It was fun while it lasted. Had one of the best times with my league. Memories that I will always cherish.
  20. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I actually started reading this thread with hopes of responding to the OP but I couldn't make it past the third page without being annoyed by all of the people coming in to either say they haven't quit or deem it a "Sky is falling post". Regardless of the numbers, factual or not, that were thrown out there I believe the post had good intentions. Simply for the players that have quit yet still visit the boards, to possibly discuss what would make them return to the game under dev supervision. IF the population truly is beginning to stagger, this should be a good thing for the rest of you that currently still play.

Sad that people can't have a regular discussion without unnecssary derailment anymore. Then again, it's 2015 and this is the internet....
    • Like x 11