I'm tired of it! DEVS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LighTning Emperor, Aug 13, 2015.

1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Hello everyone I'm here to talk about my main and only power that I think is underpowered and I mean underpowered and that's electricity. Before people say oh its fine or what ever people say to somehow make it seem the situation isn't as bad as I'm making it, but it is and I have been holding out for too long.

My main issue is why on gods earth did devs buff nature in the first place? I mean did you see what dog for can do in pvp its unheard of and you can't even block the dog bites. Electricity on the other hand is God awful In Pvp and so so in pve, leading to my main problem with electricity my main damage is my weapon period the dots and stacks take too long and the power it drains kills me.

While other am powers have burst damage electricity does not which is and don't care what you say but its the worst power in the game ATM for dps. The am imo is absolutely rubbish and the damage is laughable, you see gadgets? Mental, nature, ice, and even fire no scratch that quantum, munitions? They all have a burst am while my power only gets its damage from multiple stacks of dots and weapon damage its not fair anymore. I know earth and sorcery have pets and they do burn alot faster than electricity aswell but I don't want pet for electricity I want hard hitting burst damage.

Gadgets hits 71k crits 71k!!!! Are you even serious right now devs and you have the nerve to give us electricity the way it is. personally the changes I want to see in electricity is less dots more burst. After all when its lightning outside it strikes like a burst meaning we should get a lot more burst moves so we can hit just as hard as.might powers with AMS should hit am I right? Vb is a perfect example do you see the potential of that move but how terrible the damage is.

It makes me sick to my stomach how wrong they did a lightning based power. If that's the case they need to play elder scrolls to get some tips or guild wars2 something, but THIS cannot go on any longer and I'm not kidding. I want your thoughts on this everyone and I hope the devs see this even though they could care less probably which would be even more reason for me to leave but do you also want to see more burst less dots for pve and pvp?
    • Like x 2
  2. Doom Patroller Active Player

Sadly true. Only play my elec as DPS in PVP when I want to feel a bit handicapped (sometimes I do, it's nice to face overwhelming odds once in a while). Honestly, Electricity should be a force to be reckoned with, yet it's basically the laughingstock, damage-wise. Decent, in a world of excellence, results in mediocrity.

On my account, I feel it should not be a clone of other powers, though. The multiple ticks confer it a sensation of current taking away the life of your opponent, yet they are too scarce to keep up with the competitive environment. I would prefer a mechanic that would cumulatively raise the number of damage ticks a power produces as "electrified" effects stack on the foe. Also, the power regeneration mechanic could be similar to fire's healing as the Electric character should be able to "recharge" power from the energy jumping out of near "wired" hostiles into the ambient.
  3. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I wish electricity had some of what you said but like I said as well it by nature is a burst element its only natural we get more burst moves and damage. Wish our moves were like Enel from One Piece, that would be badass.
    • Like x 1
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I agree, why they didn't add electricity in GU51... I hope for GU52. No balance yet.
  5. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Or HL and Nature....

#atnolove

IA ARMY
  6. AllanPage Committed Player

Electricity used to be awesome but they crippled it like other powers, just didn't buff it back, so people will switch to FOTM powers.On a game like this where devs are constantly buffing and nerfing powers for their own pockets, it can be very hard to stay loyal to your favourite power.

I used to hardcore HL and Gadgets lover back when very few people used it especially PvP., then 5 updates later it was broken and damned I too switched to rage because the power was just too weak and broken down. Now they made HL super OP and everyone joined the bandwagon. I still don't like how the new HL works even though its op and I missed how the old HL was.

They PURPOSELY do not fix your powers because they WANT people to switch, which keeps the game going and pays the devs salaries. So I can't really complain but its sad.
    • Like x 1
  7. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

ive given up on electric dps
    i mainly use elec to heal
    dps on one of my alts
  8. Venus Void Dedicated Player

9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Actually I have been told by some Gadget players that they are hitting for over 100K regularly with all the current best gear, 150+ SP and fully modded.
  10. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

^
    Point proven must I say anymore lol. I'm done
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Within the time it takes to get EMP off for Gadget players, a Mental, Ice, Fire and Munitions toons all can do just as much damage.

Those are the tops powers.

I'm with you that something has to be done. For instance, if the ability is melee in PVE if the enemy blocks it should be countered or make all powers have something that hits that hard at 12.5M range or closer.

The PI and Mobile powersets are the strongest in the game ATM.

Combo, Pet and DoT powers are a bit behind.

Nature can do better than HL and Electric and Electric is probably the lone power from GU50 that is not truly comparable in damage to other powers ATM.

The powers in this game will never be balanced and here is why...SP, Mods and player ability. You cannot compare yourself to a Gadget's DPS due to a variety of reasons.

The balancing they are doing is ok to some extent to get a baseline of balancing damage out for each powers. From there, it is a matter of minor adjustments based on mods or remove mods and slightly increase the stats for the gear making SP even more important for DPS.
  12. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

13. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Somebody sounds angry.
  15. pultinski Well-Known Player

as a rifle using, gag glove spamming earth dps who obviously could care less about the scoreboard, i offer some advice.
    PHARMISUTICALS ARE YOUR FRIEND.
    honestly . enough already . ask yourself this.
    1. ARE YOU HAVING FUN ?
    if the answer is no for ANY reason, then quit.
    it really is that simple.
    stop whining already
    • Like x 2
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Agreed.
    If everyone with an electric character were to change powers to anything else, and there were no electric powers, then the next update would suddenly see electric crits for 100K on test, hoping that everyone will pay to switch to it.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened yet...
    I don't hear many people saying they play electric any more...
  17. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Jokes aside who wouldn't be when the power they are in every game is done and treated very badly. I mean they didn't even do the power right for God sakes, and champions online Tempest has some good attacks DC needs to look at.

But notice how 90% of the moves are burst damage, catch my drift?
    • Like x 1
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

If you want burst damage, why did you choose a DoT power? Elec has always been a DoT power since release.
    • Like x 3
  19. KDICHU Well-Known Player

I said it before all electric needs is a butt damage after electrcute and 80 percent attack on all the damage you have done. The stacking also does not work munitions stacks perfect but elec does nothing at all u have to use braking wm just to scrape the dps board so a healer doesn't out dps u and om vb sucks!!! Can't even use full am since u have to use wm tp get full damage
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

Incorrect sir.
    They could have done that with Earth, seeing as it has been the least populated power for quite some time now. If yours and Mr Page's theory was correct we would have seen Earth receive a mega buff to epic fotm standards.