Dev Discussion Episode 15: "Corrupted Zamaron" Duo feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I still got the bug that was also on test server where she didn't open the second boss fight door, twice today. It happened on my nature toons. I dps in dog form on them, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  2. JackFrost Developer

Sorry I wasn't aware of this issue until now. So, you removed the corruption off of all of the crystals after the 1st subboss (so you should be seeing no more white dots on your minimap at that time), and Indigo-1 is doing what at this point? Will she follow you to the door and not open it? Or is she stuck somewhere on the map? Any additional info or video would be helpful. Thanks!
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

For me she just kept following the player and not interacting with the door. I even tried freeing the remaining sapphires thinking she was waiting for that to be complete but it did nothing to help.
  4. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Exactly, we destroyed all the crystals up until the first bossfight, and she opened the door. We kill the first boss and progress, destroying all the crystals yet again, progressing up until the 2nd bossfight where she SHOULD be opening the door, but she doesn't, she just looks at us, following one of the players. We can walk all the way back and she'll follow us there, but she does not trigger when standing close to the second bossfight door much like what happened with Hal Jordan / Sinestro in the Spark of Ion duo where they would just follow you around but don't progress the duo. I know this bug happened on test and was reported, it didn't happen to me on test after testing it on a later date and also didn't happen to me on live up until this third day of doing the duos, where it happened to me twice in one day on both my nature toons, but I am Ice on test so I'm not sure whether this is circumstantial.
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

But I'm lantern, and a green one, where's the loyalty
    • Like x 1
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If it is circumstantial I am also Nature and thus using Swarm which does attack the crystals. Maybe if a pet is the last one to hit (and thus destroy) a crystal it doesn't trigger the corruption to flee to the door?
  7. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I don't use swarm, but you might be right, because being in dog form and me hitting the crystal might not register as it being destroyed the right way or something? I don't know.
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

In the last boss fight Indigo-1 doesn't help but stands at the gate area. This has happened 3 times. PS
  9. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

These alien chicks...you never know what they want.
    • Like x 1
  10. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

It just happened again and I think I know what happened, if the person you are with rushes ahead to the last crystal leading up to the second bossfight and you stay behind with Indigo-1, the bug happens. So maybe it's something about Indigo-1 not being in the proximity of the last crystal being destroyed or it's about the crystals being destroyed out of order?
  11. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I've been able to reproduce the bug, as it seems it has to do with what I mentioned above, Indigo-1 not being in the proximity of the last crystal being destroyed leading up to the second bossfight or alternatively the crystals being destroyed out of order.

Here's a video of me reproducing the bug today.

12. Lionxoft Committed Player

Reused and recycled assets makes for boring world design. No one likes boring world design. Maybe hold off on duplicating previous episodes.
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Sounds about right. I know I've rushed ahead a mob on occasion and I've encountered this.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

In the last patch, suddenly there is this clicking/scratching noise coming from the black auras. VERY LOUD. I can't turn it down either. It is a cool effect, but might be turned up a tad too high.
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

I thought it was cool. Doesn't seem too loud on my computer, though.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

It's not bad, but it's louder than any other effect in the game.
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Hmm, I wonder if I just have my effects lower. I use headphones, so I would think it would stand out. Are you saying this was a change since last night?
  18. iSolar Well-Known Player

@JackFrost

At the second boss door, Indigo-1 will still not open the door. I have experienced this issue 3 times in the past 2 days. I run the duo 4 times a day on 4 toons, so 3/8 times, the door has glitched for me and my partner. You guys have comfirmed you have fixed this, but I'm here to respectfully tell you that there is still a glitch here.

- iSolar
  19. iSolar Well-Known Player

Adding to my above post:
    Indigo-1 will follow you wherever you go. When you're waiting at the door, she will wait at the door as well. All corrupted crystals have been removed, and there are no white dots on either of our maps. We both tried warping rally, and we both tried leaving one at a time to see if it would un-glitch itself. It does not. As stated by some of the above posts, I believe if you break the crystals in the wrong order, it'll glitch. I believe this might be the problem.
  20. JackFrost Developer

Alright, I'll take a look at it now. Thanks for the heads up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.