Coming Soon to DCUO: Titles!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Aww but I was thinking "the Survivor" or "Hack Proof" would make cool titles.
    • Like x 1
  2. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Should be a title for playing since day one of the games release.

Beta titles too.
  3. Buckwheater New Player

They would- which would make it all the more evil when only a select few got them.
    Preorder items, one time giveaways etc. should be looked upon as mistake to never make again.
  4. AzraelR Committed Player

I do not know if I already posted this in this topic

But I wish there was a title called "The Majestic"

(no need to ask me why, just look at my sign lol :p )
    • Like x 1
  5. Buckwheater New Player

"I've been playing since beta!"
    [IMG]
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Isn't the whole point of titles is that not everyone will have the same one?

That would be like saying that they shouldn't have titles linked to how far one gets in Survivor Mode because not everyone has the ability to get to the higher rounds.
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

First, thanks for the edit explaining FTS. I was: o_O when I first saw it.

I would say that the Back from the Hack feat is one of the hardest feats to get. :p

I do not think that it is likely that this feat will have a title attached to it because I am feel that it is likely the Devs discussed it and decided that it would be too much of a hassle for the very same reasons why we are having this conversation.

I would love to have a title connected to this feat since I've had my character since about Feb after the release of the game (yes, yes I know that there are people who have played longer) and it would be one way to show my loyalty to this game. However, I'm not holding my breath. I will just wait patiently until GU51 hits live, then scroll through my title list to see if I have any that I like.
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Having said the above...I still think it woule be a nice nod to the long time players since the feat isn't shareable and could only be used on characters who were around at that time.
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Many games that I've played with a title system has some sort of longevity title tree. I don't see the problem with having Beta tester or year-based titles. Unique titles tied to limited time are also used to great effect. Sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time to get some of those.

Want to see some heads explode? Give us "the Dedicated" for having a lifetime sub. Oh, the lulz...
    • Like x 2
  10. Buckwheater New Player

Back from the Hack was the easiest feat to get, since all you had to do was log in-
    not hard, simply no longer attainable.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

...after about a month of downtime...and a month of almost unplayable game before that thanks to GU3, for a game that was brand new and everyone at the time who played had to pay to do so.

EDIT: and if it were so easy to get, more people would have it, no? :p
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I can't wait for the titles! But I just thought too, everyone will see it but me? :( I won't be able to see it on top of my toon.
  13. Sbel Devoted Player

They're adding an option so that you can see your own.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pc-test-server-hotfix-july-29-2015.257435/
  14. darkscarletx Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  15. burnflame New Player

how can we change the title?
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In the Style tab.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ghost Face 937 New Player

18. DonesoWrong Well-Known Player

such a waste of time and energy that could have been used to fix the laundry list of problems the game has right now. Not to mention driving a final nail in the ps3 users coffins. :(
  19. burnflame New Player

how can we get more titles
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Titles are tied to feats. If you go into your feats menu any feat you see with a gold ribbon on the left side has a title attached to it. If you click on the feat to open it it will show you the title that it grants when you complete it.