John Smedley will take on a new, unspecified role at Daybreak.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I just feel like DCUO is the red-headed step child of DBG at this point.... Based on the article and the post from Smedley himself, DCUO was either only mentioned at the end or not at all.... :(
    • Like x 4
  2. WorldsDown New Player

After playing a completely different MMO since 2013, I know the feeling...
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Huge difference between doing nothing and inflaming people over social media.

He could have easily done things in the background or been working on the things he mentioned without saying a word. Instead he got them riled up again and it cost him playing time for thousands of customers and from the looks of it, his position at the company.

Nobody's saying he didn't have the right to be mad, he just went about it the completely wrong way. Makes no difference that his twitter says "these are my opinions and not those of DBG, etc..."
    • Like x 2
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yet again they were gonna DDOS Daybreak anyway.
    It made literally no difference in the big scope of things lol
    • Like x 2
  5. BigAl Devoted Player

You know what, I'm glad Smed voiced his feelings. But from the looks of things, I don't think DBG or their lawyers did. That's the bottom line. we can all stand behind him and give him a pat on the back. But if his bosses don't like it......well, we see what happened.
    In truth, I didn't really harm me at all. But, as we have all read, it has impacted him greatly.
    • Like x 1
  6. Buckwheater New Player

Yeah, well, Lawyers are the scum of the earth, so...
    but they're necessary, because our entire judicial system is a pile of crud, so...

Plus of course, Smedley is being blamed for the financial losses and the player's outrage towards DBG,
    again, blaming the victim...

Well, the word "Scapegoat" exists for a reason.
    I just hope the dude can catch a break...
    • Like x 1
  7. Morcra Committed Player

didnt rly know him, but i agree.

his actions only inflamed the situation. he is a ceo, he is not just one person, he is the company. his duty is too represent that company. im sorry for his harassment, but it was a dum move on his part. he let his feelings get the best of him. he displayed on the internet that he was vulnerable, that the company was vulnerable.

maybe if it was simple assurance,

like " dont worry guys, despite the situation we will continue to provide you all with great gaming".

show your strength, dont waiver, make people be assured ull be there when they wake up.

instead he threatened, antagonized, and actually replied to mocks.
  8. Buckwheater New Player

Grrr...
    I'm sorry, but just grrrr...
    [IMG]
  9. Morcra Committed Player

is that a bad grr or a good grro_O
    • Like x 1
  10. Buckwheater New Player

there's a good grrr?
    [IMG]
  11. Morcra Committed Player

idk.

im quite confused lol
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You really think that would have made a damn bit of difference? They already showed that that would have just been viewed as more of a challenge (not to mention, a lie), those Lizard arseholes already threatened his family!!!
  13. Morcra Committed Player

i understand that. but tell, comparing the two, which is more, idk, better.

was threatening them back better? was that a good choice for the protection of his family and compamn? honestly i hate them with everything in my heart, but in a situation like this responding was wrong. He already sewd in his fued with the squad long ago. the best thing he could have done was pay them no mind
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, ignoring them isn't going to stop them or make them go away
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

I think that's been made clear. So I suppose it should be asked, how did what happened work out then? Did that help any?
    I don't think anyone is saying he should've bowed down, just approached it differently.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

How would you have handled cowardly attacks and death threats aimed towards your family?
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Wouldn't it be nice if everything was as cut and dry as you clearly believe it is? Unfortunately, it isn't.

I was going to type out a neat and educational example, but then I realized how after 5 pages of the same comments, it would do me no good. :confused:
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The way you have been going on, it certainly sounded like you had everything cut and dried, but when it gets turned on you, you have nothing

Let's just drop it
  19. Buckwheater New Player

Nobody said everything is cut and dried.
    However, some things are.

This is one of those things.

There is no place for reason or rationality in some matters.

Don't f*ck with family.
    It really is that simple.
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

My life goes on. His will, too.

Carrying the torch for someone you've never even met.....priceless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.