Black Adam - Are you freaking kidding me.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Broken Soui, Jul 15, 2015.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

We also saw that Superman far, far outsold Batman, who was available for far longer than Superman. The panel basically said how OP they were had extremely little to do with sales.
    • Like x 1
  2. UltraVillain Committed Player

I certainly got the impression no effort had been made to balance BA from playing last night....worse the constant repetition of SHAZAM rapidly became offensive to my ears.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jonny Wonder New Player

But you could use marks to buy Batman (and they've been giving him away with memberships), Superman, until just recently, was available exclusively through purchase. All time character sales simply don't tell us one way or another because which legend is OP is always changing.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Except they literally did say just that. Do you have any insider information regarding this or is it all assumption? Because it literally goes against exactly what sales data we were given to us. Not to mention Batman being given away with membership happened right when we found this information out and was out for SIGNIFICANTLY longer than Superman.

Unless you actually have some type of citation explaining how you've gotten this info, there's really nothing else you can add here.
    • Like x 4
  5. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Anyways for Black Adam his 2nd power should have it's cooldown increased. I also think the damage from his 1st power should be decreased as well as the amount of damage his shield takes.
  6. Miggly Committed Player

I was very underwhelmed by Black Adam. Nothing really was that different about playing with him. Felt like Shazam Lite. Let's hope Flash and Grodd are better.
    • Like x 1
  7. Makineko Committed Player

I quite like legends PvP (mainly play as Huntress) and find it a lot more balanced then usual PvP. However if this the route they're taking (releasing extremely op legends, not listening to any form of feedback and leaving the playing field unbalanced) I begin to wonder if there's any point to me even trying Legends PvP anymore as the balance I enjoy in it is being slowly eroded with no hope of the Op legends being fixed at all.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I don't mind Shazam or Black Adam, all legends characters have different strengths and weaknesses, it just takes some time and skill to learn how to counter other legend characters and go from there. Overall the balance is pretty good.
  9. comrade sonya Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Apparently I do, chance of snow and immensely bad weather, how did you know?
    • Like x 1
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Feel free to tell me a weakness of Shazam, Catwoman, Bane and Lex Luthor.
    While you are at it tell me a strength of Superman and Saint Walker.
    There are only a few characters that can be called "Balanced".
    • Like x 8
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's like she's got ESPN or something.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  13. kravonik New Player

don't get into it. seriously. she/he is either a troll or a true beyond words yes man/woman.

the only reason I know who you quoted was because I wasn't logged in and saw the person.
  14. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Legends is currently far away from overall balance. Characters like Saint Walker, any kryptonians, Hal Jordan, Guy gardner, donna troy, nightwing are leagues away from the best top tier characters. For example, Catwoman and Cheetah are benefiting extremely well from a primal martial arts buff (140%.) While it's arguable Cheetah could use higher damage output (but not that high) Catwoman certainly did not need any buffs. Currently a lunge from Catwoman does about 1000 damage. That's right, a lunge. Holding square or the left click side of the mouse can take off 1000 damage.

Characters like Shazam and Black Adam need to have their Shazam move cooldown increased to at least 12 seconds (or whatever the amount of time they gave Circe.) Both Shazam and Black Adam do not need shielding for using their supercharge and returning to normal form. There are more issues for all of the other top tier characters, but what is stated above is just a few example where the developers went wrong.

It's disappointing to see a character put on test and a week later he is on live. If you're going to do that, don't even put him on test. But what's even more sad is that most legends matchs are filled with Shazam, Black Adam, Catwoman, Cheetah, and Two Face. Legends is dangerously coming close to what it was when Steel was first released; that is not something they can afford with this games dwindling PvP population.
    • Like x 5
  15. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Slightly exaggerated as far as the characters go. Legends revolves heavily on actual skill. I can beat cheetahs and CW with bizzaro, DT, supes, etc. My issue is with the fact that I can get my counter, and every 8 seconds it's just wiped away.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

FYI Bizarro is another top tier character due to the amount of damage mitigation he can get from his first 3 powers. I agree that is still reliant on skill but not as much as it did 5 updates ago (as a comparison.) If they release more overpowered characters like Shazam and Black Adam then legends is gonna be similar to when Steel was released.
  17. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Agreed. They're not -so- over powered though. 1 single move's cool down just needs changed. Which they seem reluctant to do.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, Shazam is predictable, Catwoman lacks overall strength, Bane is slow and Lex Luthor is fat.

Superman has laser vision, Saint Walker has hope. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Also the amount of shielding should be reduced.
  20. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

If the cool down was increased I would have no issue with the sheilding. CIrce's gets about the same amount. It's a non factor since it's cool down is way longer though.