nature dog is really good in 1v1s

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by iplaycardgames, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Here2Help Devoted Player

Nope. The node is just big enough to stay on it and avoid his damage. Just beat another nature DPS using dots and then going as a dog 1000-0. And no, he's not bad.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You do know he can move right? Which again doesn't solve several problems:
    1: Nature is amazing without dog form
    2: He can lunge you
    3: this is rendered totally ineffective outside of a 1v1.
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

He can move? Wow... I didn't know that!

I never said nature isn't OP. It is. Dog needs to get nerfed as well.

However, I am trying to be helpful rather than being you and just complaining.

Yes, keeping your distance isn't the most amazing strategy, however, till the dog gets fixed it is the most effective way to kill the dog. Like I said, I'm not trying to disagree with the dog/nature being OP, I'm just trying to help. It is part of my name.
    • Like x 2
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

In a Batcave 2v2, 2 Nature users. Switching between dog form and/or bug form. :confused: Absolutely crazy.
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Except keeping your distance leaves you open to counters, which nature can heavily punish you on. So it's not exactly sound advice.
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

So what's the most efficient way to deal with dogs then?
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'd say a combination of kiting and unloading on the person. The second option would be switching to hard light.
    • Like x 4
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Not saying nature isn't op. Switching back and forth between forms take power, it's not free. Is nature op, or wolf. Switching from dog to human to wolf is kind of slow.
  9. space outlaw Well-Known Player

back in the day when they didnt have the icon above the player head i would play as a nature character and change into a dog and when players dual me i would hold block because dog form doesnt show any animation when blocking and they would not notice it and when i counter them they would ask "how did i fall on my back" all i could do was just laugh
  10. Spidersting Committed Player

Dog form has always been good for the solo game of nature. There is a lot more to it unless it has been completely overhauled (i haven't played nature in a long time). I was using dog form in arenas years ago. Dog form brought so much to the table and most players didn't realize how good it really was. Not only was it a breakout tool each time you swap to the form and back out of it but you also got an amazing self heal (long cd) stealth, infinite juggle if they had no power, and more importanly the ability to kite the crap out of anyone because even in combat dog form runs faster then players who are stuck in combat.

I have a few older videos but it does show case how decent it was for pvp. Players just never really thought much of it because they never really encountered it much and most players didn't test it too much.

Here is a video i did, keep in mind this is almost 4 years old at this point so a ton of crap has changed but the point is that dog form has always been good just not many players realized it.

• Like x 1
  11. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Actually, it's OP without any form changes at all, dog and wolf just add icing to the cake.
    • Like x 2
  12. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Yup, I always ran dog for my nature dueling/1v1 loadout. Both the breakout and the healing were really useful.
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

How is nature op w/o wolf or dog?
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

This is why they need to stop the damn power updates for now and focus on other things. Only 50% of the population play to PvP... No biggy...
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It is pretty OP now, because of the DoT buff. Nature has high stuns already + weapon clipping and DoTs, yep your finished.
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

The better question is how is it not. The DoT still exists and Briar still hits like a truck without wolf form.
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm really asking. A nature player have time to put up dots? I know briar hit hard, but that's like every 5 secs right?
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

The same argument could have been put up for Mental near-completely one shotting.
    The wind-up time does not matter if the reward is far too high for the risk that it takes to use it.
  19. DulcesS Well-Known Player

I think that dog is OP but can be countered in 1v1. Simply by using your power mechanics, a dog can't interrupt you so you can easily spam AM or like somebody said up there, range could help; obviously range in Batcave 1v1 would make you lose points so I wouldn't recommend it.
    Nevertheless, the canine form is extremely OP for 2v2, 4v4, etc. as long as the player who's using it has a healer and a controller he can basically spam those 2 o 3 powers, while also keeping his DoTs and doing safe and high damage, with no option to counter it.
    This is ridiculous, one of the more OP powers for PvP (Wolf form) gets even more buffed. Now half of the DC community will switch to nature to abuse this and then a couple of weeks after that, the dog will be nerfed. It's the cycle of life PvP FOTM.
  20. Venus Void Dedicated Player

The short answer would be, unless my opponent has an immunity and already rapidly lunging, I can put up over 13k damage by only using 3 powers, the last of which does a very good stun (Briar), which many of the times, will stop your opponent from being able to lunge even if they wanted to. Low risk, high reward.

Briar will also block break often because of players accidentally blocking after trying to breakout of a vinelash.