nature dog is really good in 1v1s

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by iplaycardgames, Jul 15, 2015.

1. iplaycardgames Active Player

stack 3 dots switch to dog then start biting. dog wont be knocked down if you block his attacks, so him attacking combined with the 3 dots will still do a ridiculous amount of damage even if you block. try its pretty funny
    • Like x 1
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Oh look changes made specifically for PvE made it into PvP.
    What a shocker.
    • Like x 13
  3. iplaycardgames Active Player

beat 9 people in a row so far not even sure how people are supposed to deal with this lol
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Isn't it also near impossible to tell if someone is blocking as a dog unless you are looking at the visual cue above their heads?
    • Like x 2
  5. iplaycardgames Active Player

i usually dont block as dog but i think so. and with all the power effects flying around its really hard to see
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

"Don't worry guys, we'll listen to your feedback."
    "Do you think you could try to make sure PvE doesn't bleed over to PvP? Guys? Hello?"

Every update this happens. You'd think they'd have found the pattern already.
    • Like x 6
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I sense a Mental and Ice repeat. If Nature changes made it in, Light changes most likely made it in too.
    • Like x 3
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Light did.

Untouchable
    • Like x 5
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Not anymore actually. When you block as Canine you will stay in a "frenzy dog" state. In combat that are 4 distinct animations: Fling, Thrash, Mutabilism and the frenzy dog state (in combat). If you see your opponent in this frenzy dog state they are likely blocking since realistically no PvP player would just stand there if they are actively fighting.
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Because it's pretty easy to see that animation when the opponent is 4 times smaller than you, and basically be covered in any AoE power animation.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheWhiteFace New Player

Power Variants would help with that.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

I encountered it today. Keep your distance and range him. It worked for me :)
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Because he can't switch back and lunge or just roll? Not to mention this doesn't work at all if its anything outside of a 1v1.
    • Like x 1
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You asked if there was a way to see if Canine is blocking and there is. If we are going to throw in everything then are we just going to ignore a Quantum shield and Warped Reality? Or a Bitter Winds/Reflection + Wintry Tempest + white styles as well? Both of which can be used with the smallest human form?
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Switching back is definitely possible but you actually can't roll as Canine.
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's why I said to switch back :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well it could have been taken as "just switch back and lunge" or "roll" depending on how you group them. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

And when he switches back you lunge him and then fight him like before.
  19. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Because Nature is totally weak without dog form.
    • Like x 5
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You do realize you would be giving up an absurd number of points on the node by doing this right? Also this:
    • Like x 4