Creative Director Letter: The Bombshell Paradox and Corrupted Zamaron!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Hello DCUO!

This is an exciting moment. We're about to release our first monthly episodes. This first batch of new content includes a brand new 8-player Operation and a Duo, automatically available to Members or sold together as a $4 pack for non-Members.

[IMG]

The Operation is called The Bombshell Paradox and it releases alongside a new comic series from DC set in this popular version of the World War II style DC characters. Our story visits familiar places from the pages of the books but spins an entirely unique story created just for DCUO. You'll fight alongside Bombshell Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman as they battle Bombshell Talia Al Ghul and her League of Assassins. We're also introducing 4 new legends variants to the game for these characters, so look for them to join the Legends PvP and PvE roster.

[IMG]

The Duo is called Corrupted Zamaron, and it continues the story line set up in the War of the Light. The Entities that fuel the Emotional Spectrum and give the Green Lantern's and the other Corps their power have been corrupted, taken over by death itself. You'll journey back to Zamaron to battle a new and dangerous faction known as the Black Lantern Corps, and try to face this undead menace.

New styles will be coming your way too, and for the first time, we're allowing iconic styles to cross factional lines. The new Indigo Tribe and Power Construct inspired armor will be usable by both heroes and villains. It's our first step in uniting all the styles across the factional lines. These new styles are great looking and provide a nice variety of new styles to collect and incorporate into your costumes.

If you missed the livestream reveal, watch the replay (below) and make sure you tune in next week for a Let's Play to see an in depth look at the new content.

• Like x 26
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Can't wait :D
    • Like x 5
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Nice!
    • Like x 1
  5. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Just noticed that it said running along side the Iconics..
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No.
  7. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Of course not lol
  8. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]

ahhh yeah,,,,
    • Like x 6
  9. Igote New Player

1 duo and 1 alert in same dlc ? for 4$ ?
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Duo and Raid.
  11. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Not thrilled with the pricing. We used to get DLC packs for $10 that would have included the new Legends. You split those out to make them be extra purchases, and kept the DLC packs (episodes by then) at $10. OK, fine.

So now, instead of 6 pieces of content for $10, it's 6 pieces for $12? :( That just seems like price hike on top of price hike.

I know you're going to point out that this allows people to skip episodes they are not interested in. But what about offering the other side of that? I have to figure most people who went the premium route have been buying episodes, and skipping other content (Legends, powers, base upgrades, etc). With that in mind, what about offering a bundle/season pass/"episode sub". This would be the same $10 rate for 3 monthly episodes. I'd even be willing to pre-pay on such a bundle.

The upside for Daybreak would be that you could have cash in-hand, upfront. Yeah, it would be $2 less than what you had otherwise, but it would lock people into that purchase. And it wouldn't really be any less that what you made from selling the last 6 "trilogy" episodes.
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

We never got 6 pieces of content with Legends included. When DLC still had Legends they had less than 6 instances.
    Your point is right though, that's another hit for premiums. I support your bundle suggestion assuming we would know in advance what the 3 episodes for that time would be.
    • Like x 1
  13. ShadyLane New Player

well that ends me playing this game. Really that's your price point way to over charge for content.....
    Time to move on to a new game once you convert to CAD is now closer to $15 for a "full dlc".
    oh but you can pick and chose..... right sure i can and miss out on half the gear. mhmm.
    Well farewell to dc if they are going to price gouge me for not being legendary.
    • Like x 4
  14. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Duo and 8-man Operation. :p
    • Like x 3
  15. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Fair enough. It wasn't 6+Legends (or for example, Home Turf with the base system).

But it has been $10 for 5-6 pieces for the last several releases, at least, assuming you count daily missions as a piece of content. (I do.) War of Light II was 7 pieces, actually.

So this is in fact a price hike. They keep hammering on it being the same as before in terms of 6 pieces per 3 months. So why is the price not also the same?
    • Like x 4
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

All 4 person instances are alerts to me and all 8 person instances are raids! :p
    • Like x 6
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well technically we will be getting 3 sets of gear instead of 2, since the Elite gear will be a variation of the raid/alert gear, so you could count that as something extra. If you want to get technical about it that is.
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

They actually said that they would count all open world missions as one unit of content, so WotL2 fits in that 6 pieces pattern. I guess they'll go with "you have more choices now" as reason for the price raise but I wonder how many premiums will actually see it that way and not feel screwed.
    • Like x 1
  19. UltraVillain Committed Player

Fighting against Talia...does that mean heroes and villains have the same objective?
    • Like x 1
  20. MaatAset Well-Known Player

At what level can we get the indigo styles?