Where is the game heading?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Antwoman Dedicated Player

So get your ESO ignore button ready
  2. UltraVillain Committed Player

Major issues imo

In real terms DCUO has more content than ever before, but the most recent update is to actually focus our attention into a tiny sub section of the whole. At a time when we should be promoting variety diversity and choice a descsion has been made to implement systems that do the exact opposite.

At the last pvp update a conference proudly stated how popular and important pvp was to dcuo, how it was disproportionately a greater factor in dcuo than other mmos'...systematic changes have destroyed open world pvp (and by extention contentious gameplay) and rationalised arenas to a pale shadow of their former glory. Those pvp'ers now have far less to keep them here than ever before.

At a time when the games age inevitably sees its poplation wane, the strategy dlc on dlc is to further fragment and isolate the players into more instances (several offering no new physical environment at all to compensate).....when the edict shoudl be to increase and enhance the sense of activity and community the game is stuck in a loop doing the exact opposite.

Urgent design objectives imo

Players need to be encouraged to patronise and enjoy the game in the way that best suits them and allows them to have fun...not find rewards are dogmitcially and ignorantly bullying them along one (very) narrow path. Make everything reward to some degree, not just now but for always.

pvp needs a sharper focus and better integration with pve....don't fragment the game into two incompatible sections which play differently, rationalise those stats and make progression contiuous but with smaller increments. carry pve and pvp stats into unified armour and/or make all styles purchasable via pve marks or pvp marks (in other words let the player enjoy the game the way they want, stop railroading us into content we care less for (or not at all) but at the same time encouarge corss over by making the mechanics familar and exchageble).

Open world activity both pvp and pve needs to be encouraged, rewarded and made accessible to all....we need actitivties that are temporal and ongoing, cumulative tasks and routine missions of heroism and villain...get players out of the bases and into the world to make it come to life and exploit the wonderful rich and immersive environments the game provides.

Use that DC uniqueness, not with unknown or unproven new stuff, plunder the vast classic and silver age of DC....stories and characters there have proven the test of time and resonate with more people than any new 'tie-in'. (modern dc and marvel are more miss than hit with these imo)

There is no reason to be bored here and no reason to lose interest, there is masses of potential and variety to offer...use the whole game to sell us everything the people and money and by extention replays and money will follow.
  3. L T Devoted Player

Actually I like the general direction the game is heading. The powers have never been closer to being balanced-- at least in terms of dps-- since the game started.

Yes, GU47 was pretty horrible, but not because of what it set out to accomplish. It was terrible because it needed like 3 months of testing and it only got 2 weeks, basically throwing the game into beta testing. What the development team is doing now-- opening the test server and getting player feedback on each and every instance in the game-- is really an excellent sign that everything is going to become tested and playable. I'm now seeing it as a mistake that the developers have learned from.

Munitions was a big disappointment to me personally, but I'm looking forward to the new powers coming out soon.

I'm not all that interested in the halls of power storyline but the latest dlc is good game play. The war of the light and amazon fury episodes on the other hand are pretty top notch in terms of both story and gameplay. AF2 remains my favorite expansion.

It's been bumpy lately, but I'm optimistic.
    • Like x 2
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I thought he confirmed getting an XB1 dev kit? Unless I'm mistaken yet again....

We kind of have to assume it was postponed due to the XB1 port because new revenue stream > new UI. I know you're more "in the know" then the rest of us, but times like this are when one of the green names should come in here and set the record straight on certain things.

While there's always things they cannot say, there should be some room to keep us more informed as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Did he? I cant remember lol And the reason it was postponed is truly beyond my ability to explain and I know Mepps wont due to HOW sensitive in nature it is. And really, New UI > new revenue stream is how I see it. No reason to bring the current Ui to another platform when it really needs to be changed. having the new UI for a new platform would be a great selling point, especially for fresh eyes.
  6. No Crying Committed Player

I'm not sure which direction the game is going but with the low population something needs to happen.. I think most people play because the people they play with when I am in hod on usps it's dead in pvp phase really bad pve not as bad when I am in pvp phase in Gotham all the club houses are dead maybe 3 people tops outside... I just wonder sometimes is the game losing its value or what's the direction we need to take to turn everything around
  7. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

8. kravonik New Player

dang, suppose I should change my college major.
    • Like x 1
  9. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

I'm loving ESO. If the community eventually becomes toxic, I would be very well prepared thanks to all the experience gained through my time in DCUO. Not worried about that in the least :)
    • Like x 1
  10. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I am still waiting on Daybreak Game Company Live 2015 ( formerly called SOE Live ), yearly event when dcuo announces a lot incoming changes to the game for the year.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Damm..... how it looked lihe pooop. :(
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I'm hoping to are joking, if not. Sorry it isn't happening.

Mepps stated they are looking into something for the future to at least get the info out but if it will be a DGC Live is uncertain (sounded more on the unlikely side). Whatever happens nothing like a Live would happen before 2016.
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

We're definitely in the same boat, I really wanted a new UI but I figured it was delayed because they may have to also make it work on the XB1.... No point in making the UI and then have something not work correctly on XB1...

I just figured DBG head honchos would see it the other way that new revenue stream > UI
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You are not a true fan of DCUO...I mean DPSUO....LOL..phew, phew, phew....yeah...3 hit kills...even in PVP.. AWESOME (NOT)!!!!!
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Light weight and smoke bomb 1 shot crutch tool to really put the icing on the cake ;)
  16. XODUIS Committed Player

3 Shot? Try getting hit with a 24k crit with Munitions.... not even sure what hit me
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Munitions is fair though, They're way past interruptable. If you can't simply lunge then that's nobody's fault but your own.
  18. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Ow, the otimists, always so shiny and bright :D

Keep saying good things, guys...

Jesus will come back to this game, for sure :D
    • Like x 1
  19. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I wasted so much on this game and now I realzied what my friends realized that this game just is not worth it anymore. It's a waste and was dumbed down for the casual player. I put countless hours in to this game. But now I see it's just not worth it. I'd rather them just shut this game down and start working on DCUO 2 so then they can drop ps3 and not worry about a backlash. Release DCUO 2 on Xbox as well bring in more of an income. Cause quite frankly this game isn't drawing in customers such as Destiny, FF and ESO it's sad but I'd rather see this game die. I already deleted it off my system. You and I have different opinions you may find the game interesting and fun still. I on the other find the game too boring and repetitive.
    • Like x 2