"Losing interest of Dcuo:i think its time for something different.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solmes202 Loyal Player

But you are still rude. Clearly you haven't learned anything.
    • Like x 2
  2. comrade sonya Committed Player

Maybe playing one mmo for the majority of its lifespan (and your own :p) was a thing in the early 2000's or whatever, but I don't think that's really relevant now. If you're bored stop logging in, if you don't like the new dlc/power coming up unsub. In the end you as the consumer have the power to leave anytime you want. I never get these threads like, I've gotten bored of DC since I started playing and there's been times where I've left and played other mmos but I don't make a big deal about it because it shouldn't be weird or strange to play multiple games or take a break from one.

I think expecting every change this game has made to work for your own personal goals would be a difficult task. They have to cater to multiple demographics and yours isn't going to be the focus every time.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

I'm getting to this point as well. For me it's not the changes they've made that's pushing me away it's the dwindling population. My friends list is down to 2 or 3 people that log in somewhat regularly.
  4. XODUIS Committed Player

Im rude? Having to deal with people constantly belittle you for 5 pages and i say one thing now I'M RUDE? You're so irritating. Put me on ignore if i bother you so much.
  5. XODUIS Committed Player

Talk about dying... just looked at the DCUO Reddit page... only 5 people are on it (Including me).

EDIT: Make that 2 people.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

The T4 duos are part of a free update, to address the lack of daily T4 content. They're not related to the monthly episodes, which won't be free and aren't starting until August.
  7. Hate Me Well-Known Player

DCUO has been losing players since two summers ago. I tried this game first time on F2P launch. It caught my attention for about 3 months and then I left due to being tired of a poor attempt at combining f2p/subscription. Similar to SWTOR it was distasteful. I came back every few months for a while. Got into it a little more when PvP changes came but not long. Got into it a bit heavier two years ago ?? whenever OC dropped, with Walk Ins and what not letting me make all these powers that I owned yet never played within reasonable amounts of time.

Point is..game never had a strong community to begin with, peak players were like 4K on Steam when OC came out..now its 600 peak players. Can argue not everyone uses Steam and PS3 versions blah blah the trend is there..its recorded. Game been losing players for a while now. I logged into these forums just to see whats been going on after seeing 600 players peak today..and this is the first thread I see in GD.

I have many reasons for losing interest personally..mostly because its just gotten boring. Always chasing marks..always chasing some new tier style. No innovation, bunch of rehash.
    • Like x 4
  8. Solmes202 Loyal Player

You are rude Nd sadly not smart enough to learn. Hopefully you will grow up someday
  9. UltraVillain Committed Player

The bewildering effect of GU47 is to reduce the entire game to 12 peices of content, rather than enhance and promote the massive game and myriad of environments DCUO already has, the new 'thinking' seems determined to tie us down, restrict our freedom and increase repetition of what is already a dangerously repetitive game.

Bizarre doesn't quite cover it, am I bored no...but when I log on there is very little to do before I am logging out, I do enjoy pvp still but it is a pale shadow of its former glory, as for pve I honestly see no point or purpose to it, any further increase in my CR and the only result is even less choice and less variety in those things I am forced to do.....very disheartenting and a massive waste of potential.
    • Like x 1
  10. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

This is the thing, from my understanding, DCUO has done so well for so long because it's is a Comic based MMO and it was one of very few Console MMO's. This, drew many people, including myself, to play. However, though the first point has remained, it is now sharing the stage with other console MMO's with more on the way. Though you or I may enjoy DCUO for what it is/was, some of our friends may want to move on to other bigger and better things and we all know that 99% of most MMO's aren't enjoyable without good friends to play with. Sure, other games may not have the fast paced action that DCUO had/has, but they have other qualities that are enticing enough to draw people in.

After GU36/DLC10 myself, as well as many, not all, of the people in the crowd(s) I ran with quit the game. I check my PSN friends list almost daily and some have ventured to FFXIV and never returned whereas months later others are now on ESO and said they don't plan to return to DCUO. The average person really only has time for one MMO at a time, if that, so though people may be joining DCUO because it's "Free to Play", other's are leaving either by choice or for their friends to play other MMO's.

I loved DCUO and wouldn't have played it so long if I didn't but my friends were a big part of me staying so long as well. As someone just said, you know things are a bit bad when for once, a "I'm getting bored of this game" thread isn't met with resistance from more than half of the posters in the thread.
    • Like x 3
  11. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Can someone explain why people are blaming GU47 ?

Mark relevancy doesn't seem to be the issue, yeah we use to run old content for "rent" but how quickly did we get enough marks ? 2/3 raids (can be done in a day) and you'll have more than enough to keep white mods, back up etc for 2+ months.

I think the issue is lack of content ( soon to be fixed with monthly episodes? )

Feats /SP use to keep players playing for longer, need more challenging/fun feats, don't mind some grindy ones ( Not like LPve). And maybe SP adjustments ? Cause some like myself have gotten 200sp+ and see no value in getting anymore.
  12. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Thats true which ask the questions for those of us that was playing back in 2011-13 if the game came out like it is now would you have gotten the game and spend the amount of money you've spent and the time you put in. I probably wouldn't, I mean I've spent more time in the past 4 months on the forums than playing the game that alone should tell people something.
  13. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I think it is the straw the broke the camel back in reality I think the game had people leaving in small amounts and GU47 is where you see people in large amounts leaving for what ever reasons, most people have said marks (for ime it was the mark system) others have said what you said but for the most part GU47 is the thing that is in common. Good or Bad it just is what it is.
  14. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I think people are making the mistake of thinking DCUO is the best game out there, don't get me wrong I love the game for a superhero game it was tops but as an MMO it was average, the combat is unquie to a degree but most people are drawn to it because you can make your own character in the DCU. The Game since 2012 and really in 2013 you can see flux in the population espeacailly when new powers came out then and then after a week the crowd died down some. DCUO was never a real big game not as uch as those of use who played it for years thought it would be. I mean there were people on other game forums saying DCUO that game is still going that that was around 2013-14. The good just needs to improve and stop putting itself in these situations. It better do what Goku told Gohan to do when he fought Cell..."Let let your angry go son you have the power to beat Cell...just let it go". Well something like that...
  15. Starbrand Dedicated Player

It is boring even to complain about the game, atm.

SP dont matter, why pursuit hard feats? Just to show a number: 'hey, I am not 210 sp!!!"

GU47 give you 12 relevant content, but some of them are already pretty old. If you got the styles from the robot, why bother run the content?

Alts? I am not into alts, but even If I was, the population is so low you cant get groups to run Kandhaq, Outer, Inner... you can just queue, to find new players without a clue what to do...

PVP? Legends are still cool, but Arenas are a mess....... till 2 years ago, the game was part PVE, part PVP... now it is just PVE, and you do PVP just to get some feats..... (and for what, SP dont matter anymore).

I dunno, my league always say I am an old crancky bastard, they are right... but the game is not helping either.

Meh, why bother?
    • Like x 1
  16. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

+1
  17. Flashaway_ New Player

1. Marketplace is abysmal
    2. Crafting is next to useless
    3. The combat sucks now
    4. The scoreboard
    5. Raid mechanics are child's play

This game is beyond casual, Im no hardcore elitist by no means..but good lord man. This game is borderline a toddlers game. The hardest raids gets beaten within hours of its release which is just awful. If they had gone through with the removal of immunity that would've broken the camels back imo.

5-1-1-1-1 is viable cause the raid mechanics are just awful. No content requires 2 healers or 2 trolls outside of Survival mode which only comes around one in a while.

The scoreboard created this toxic community where people are playing against each other in PvE content where they should juts be worrying about getting stuff done. After playing other MMO's where there are no scoreboard I can confidently say that its definitely the source to a giant chunk of this games problems.

Advance Mechanics and WM have seriously dumbed down the combat that was so rich and joyful into something boring and repetitive. Every player thats a certain power all have the same damn load out. Theres no creativity whatsoever in putting together a load out. Honestly one of the worst.....I mean absolute WORST updates yet to this game. Yes powers are close to balance but at what cost? To spam the same powers over and over and over and over again till you become brain dead?

Replays are a double edge sword. Yes its brings in revenue but it completely destroys this games core. As soon as a DLC comes out it becomes a spam replay fest, people get the best gear within 2 weeks tops and becomes bored again for another 3 months....or 1 month now since we're getting monthly content now soon.

The game is still in beta, keep having identity issues, don't know what the hell it wants to be and people have had enough. And I don't blame them.

I haven't played in months because.
    My league is dead
    My friends list is non existant
    LFG is moving as slow as a snail....on USPS Hero server mind you.
    Hell...I took people off my little black book of ignored players list and those people don't even come on anymore I mean good lord, its just bad.

My sub has been expired for quite some time. I'll probably re sub depending on when the new monthly content comes out but thats till a big if.

Cause I followed my friends and league mates in playing ESO and we've been having a blast.

This game needs a lot of help.
  18. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Hello thread.....you have now entered cat gif army territory

No sense will be made from here on out
    [IMG]
  19. Humane Committed Player

I personally have no problem with the Mark change from GU47, I support it and think it was a good idea.
    My main problem has always been that the game has always had coding problems to the point where I have honestly seen games in Beta testing with less bugs than this one. I don't think there has been a single GU or DLC released that didn't include bugs.
    Add to that the inconsistencies with the powers in-game. How long have they been "tweaking" powers? It's a neverending cycle. I know it is difficult but then they went insane with Quantum and all of a sudden they needed a new batch of tweaking. Instead of bringing Quantum in line with other powers, they decided to update all the other powers, when it would have been simpler to just lower Quantum. This can't be a mistake, it was surely done with profit in mind.

Now I find myself logging in sporadically, and even when I'm on I just don't have that spark I used to have of wanting to log in and do things, and in the end I log out within 10-20 minutes.
    Maybe it's all in my head and I am simply bored of this game and the time has come for me to move on and to forget the years of fun I had, but the ever dwindling amount of people logging in proves that it isn't just me.
    My one consolation is that the game allowed me to make real life friends and provided me with untold hours of fun.
    I will think on if I will renew my sub in a month when it expires, but something tells me I already know what my decision will be.
    • Like x 1
  20. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I agree. omg the quantum update, literally destroyed every ounce of skill needed to DPS, took all the fun out of the role. Can't believe the devs allowed that to go live, and it's reign of supremacy was too long just ridiculous.

However, atm powers seem more balanced on live. On test dots are still way behind despite an apparent increase in damage. Haven't tried HL so can't comment on it.

Yeah, i do the same lol, log on say hi to my friends, then think what's the point? Done SM, r12 pets seem pointless to me now, i don't even use the pets i got from fos SM. Got enough SP no need to do Ace chem Lpve, no new episode atm. Then i just log off.

The fun i once had was doing feats with league mates (back when SP mattered more), laughing when we failed cause we enjoyed the challenge, and when PVP was very active, getting 50 outback wins vs beast pvp leagues.

Hopefully the devs change things, cause one of my favourite games is out this fall Storm 4, might just put my cape down till Atomic is out, and if atomic is a fail then i'll actually have nothing else to look forward to in DCUO, other than WoTL 3 & AF 3 conclusions.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.