Where is the game heading?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Okay.. So way back in 2014 we were promised a lot of things, and lot of stuff happended in between there.

2014:
    We were promised a new UI.
    3 New powersets( Serums got pushed back)
    AMS AND WM.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    2015:
    Changes to Company behind the game,
    NEW UI cancelled indefentiely.
    GU 47 To make things better, but it seems it made everything worse for the majority.
    CR scaling.
    XBOX 1.
    Crossplay
    Uniting the Styles, and Cross faction pve.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    My question is with all these promises, and drastic changes to this game. Could we at least get an idea of which direction we are going? Instead of actually Knocking down some of these Request 1 by 1, The developers and community add more to it.

It just seems the game isn't going in a very clear direction to follow, and I'd like to see some stuff completed. Just my two cents.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

UI is on hold indefinitely. Spytle made it clear at the time it was not cancelled. Besides most of the time developers like to leave surprises if what they have to show isn't worth showing yet.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

You forgot about PVE legends, Munitions, cooldown change on armories.

There are alot of good things coming. But as far as right now, this will probably go down to be the worst year for DCUO.
    • Like x 4
  4. XODUIS Committed Player

Besides the new UI wasn't PS4/PC supposed to get a new toolbar for the powers and trinkets too? Guess all that got scrapped too

EDIT: I meant new HUD
    • Like x 1
  5. XODUIS Committed Player

Found it

[IMG]
  6. Pr0tojay Committed Player

IDK, but each week i see more of my friends not playing anymore due to other games, or just being flat out bored with dc. I was planning on getting a ps4 soon, but itll probably be for nba 2k16 instead lol. SM in HH has bored the hell outta me. I was already sick of that place too.
  7. kravonik New Player

I foresee them dropping pc and PS3 and being ps4/xbone only.
  8. XODUIS Committed Player

Don't ever try to be a fortune teller.
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Simply put, we (as players) don't know and cant know where it is going.

Only the people a DGC know that and have no reason to tell us before the proper time is right to tell us.

All the doom and gloom talk is useless. Are there issues now with the game and population? Yes but there are a wide range of reasons for that (not just one focused on thing).

The problem with looking back on last year's promises is, nothing at that time factored in the possibility of SOE being sold. Basically the sale was like hitting SOE with all the major natural disasters at once. Yes there are a great deal of new possibilities for their future now that DGC is free of Sony but they had to regroup and clean up the mess left behind first.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Don't be like that, I love this game, and that just sounds like you don't.

You must support it.
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

You also forgot customizable sidekicks, 500 base items on PS4 and a fourth color those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head .
    • Like x 1
  12. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

On hold indefinitely = cancelled for the meantime :)
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

^This...all of this! <3

Sadly, this was part of the UI changes :(
    • Like x 1
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Really wish they didn't post pone that for xbox 1..
  15. Malachyte Devoted Player

A boring template Call of Duty DPS format type of a game...
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Lol that's true.
    Just pop munitions on there, and we got CODUO XD.
    • Like x 1
  17. Malachyte Devoted Player

I know, I have been calling it "Call of DCU Duty" for a while now...
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its not postponed due to that and the XBox One was one of Spytle's "how do we feel about this" tweets. Nothing confirmed
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Give it time, the patient will become the impatient.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

True. Former dcuo players coming to that game, meaning those impatient and elitist people will start making that game just as toxic, if not more toxic this game.