Counter Immunity Removal

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RagingNature Active Player

You have to understand that many of us are extremely, extremely frustrated. Countless other before me have added prolly somewhere in the hundreds of pages of data and feedback that was highly tested, none of which I can assure you EVER mentioned removing blue immunity. Unfortunately many of those same players can not be on this thread because they were banned from the forums.

The past 7-8 pages have been full of non-insulting information and constructive discussion if I may say so myself.
    • Like x 4
  2. Ace1 Dedicated Player

What insults are you referring to? If a disagreement has now become an insult we are in big trouble lol.

Why would we want pvp to burn? Seriously if i had that attitude i would let this change go through without speaking out. I'm glad the devs are trying to get more people to play, but how is this change going to make people interested in pvp? I mean for a while im sure people will want to try it out.

And this argument that comes up that we should "wait and see" is thrown around, but i dont need to write out the mathematical problem of 2+2 to see that it equals 4. Many of us played at launch and know what it was like, and the ones who didnt can imagine the proposed changes and they see where it will lead.
    • Like x 6
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Pvp is dead now. I just got the gear for feats, and the que was long as train smoke. I just read a thread that someone posted throwing insults at the dev team for disagreeing with there immunity argument and get 11 likes. I read how the devs reached out, and the first thing the experts said was hostile in tone. I'm done with this post, because it's the same people for 30 pages, whatever happens happen
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Guess you not counting the reply to the dev. At the current rate pvp will not last.
  5. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I highly doubt its dying from a system thats been in place for 3 years.
    • Like x 3
  6. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

• being better than the enemies at countering = better skill
    • better skill = you deserve to win that fight
    • consider "cheesy" or "exploiting"= spamming
    remove immunities bring pvp to a step before fixing effect stacking

anyway remove things killing that game making it less and less entertaining because of a lack of possibilities
  7. RagingNature Active Player

Yes there is a huge disconnect in between the experts and the devs. The sad thing is that it truly did stem from the constant negligence of what these experts had to say. Look at this thread regarding Shazam for example:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/legends-shazam.237008/
    If you read through it, you can see 4 pages of experts desperately trying to stop the devs from creating the absolutely broken monster that Shazam is now. They predicted what his issues would be and they were blatantly ignored.

Now, I'm in no way trying to revolt against the devs. I would just like to point out that these people knew exactly what they were talking about and were doing more than many of the individuals in charge of the game to try to improve it and provide feedback. Banning them was definitely a step in the wrong direction. Reaching out is good and I appreciate that, they just need to be sure they're considering who the best people to reach out to are. The current community council is far outdated and not transparent enough.
    • Like x 8
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Post makes no sense. If that fight was done the same exact way but without immunites we would have lost that fight.
    • Like x 4
  9. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

it make sense that you win because you use the right move at the right time both of your team are equal on that it s not near an abuse

if that team fail it s because them fail to adapt them self to your fighting style them used the same moved repeatedly so you can predicted how to counter them that is a skill in all pvp game.

if you dont have immune one of you could die randomly because of those aoe dmg that is not a question of skill

then you ll promote all sort of spam that already killing pvp actually.

Ps: who care about legend cant claim to be pvpers
  10. Grumpy Dedicated Player

I find it very sad that some of you think "highly skilled players" should be punished for the severe lack of such thing in others.
    • Like x 10
  11. Chungweishan New Player

In Street Fighter and Tekken it's called Parrying. You do a move that deflects an incoming attack so you don't get any damage. Which is something that experienced players do the most yet it can done by anyone (unless it's built into certain characters' combat mechanics).

Here's an example:

---

So if players shouldn't use cheesy tactics like Counter Immunities, what would be the tactic to survive a 3v1? By the way, one of the opponents is still Screen Blocking, because Devs aren't omitting that combat mechanic. Just know, the tactic must be easily accessible to all players, because, after all, the change is meant to help all players.

Also, know that whatever tactic is used, it already can and will be countered by the elite players (not me) in this game. Just because they like and use Counter Immunities, does not mean they use it as a crutch because they don't understand the rest of the Combat Mechanics.
    • Like x 9
  12. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Lord give me strength.

Again, you only focus on ONE FREAKING PART OF A SENTENCE WITHOUT READING THE WHOLE OF IT SEE WHAT IS BEING FREAKING SAID. Go back, read my post, then read it again, then, just to be safe, read it one more time. THEN, just maybe, you will hopefully respond with a rebuttal that doesn't look like you cherry picked a few words from each sentence and misconstrued them into statements THAT I DIDN'T EVEN FREAKING MAKE.

To help you in this, take note of the fact that I said Last Laugh flopped "partially for many reasons". I didn't lay it solely on Blue Immunities. In fact, I stated them as being ONE of the reasons..

As to the rest, show me in what I responded to him with where I called his ability to speak on any of this into question. Honestly, this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've completely made comments in replies to my posts that have ABSOFREAKING NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I SAID. Each time I've explained this issue to you. How many more times do I have to explain to you that you're not comprehending written words very well before you start taking the time you need to do so?
  13. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I'm back.

I just want to say this is by far one of the worst ideas I've ever seen regarding improving PvP. No words can describe, how utterly asinine this change is. I see absolutely NO logical explanation for it.
    I don't agree with this change
    I don't see the purpose of it.
    I don't see who this is supposed to help.
    I don't see how this will increase PvP population.
    I don't see how this unneeded and unadvisable change took priority over the needed and advised changes.
    I didn't see the feedback from the PvP community that pushed for this change.
    I didn't see anyone asking for this change.
    I didn't see immunities as a problem nor did I feel they needed tweaking or removed.
    I don't see anyone with any sort of credibility defending this change.

All I see, is the PvP community(what's left of it), taking a stand against a poor decision. I hope they succeed. Enough is enough. If the Devs want PvP to be fixed. Listen to the people who care the most about it.
    • Like x 14
  14. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I think there are many threads made by PvP'ers that says what's wrong with PvP and what needs to be fixed... Can't say I recall counter immunities ever being brought up
    • Like x 8
  15. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Absolutely Nailed it!
    • Like x 9
  16. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

An analogy: If I want to build a better car, I'm not going to ask the people who don't know how to drive.
    • Like x 11
  17. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I'm still waiting for an answer on how to defend myself without immunities lol. Looks like running would be be the best option, or go fire tank.
    • Like x 4
  18. RagingNature Active Player

You didn't do it directly in that response, however you did challenge his credibility earlier by stating that his wins were "cheesed". And yes, SP, you did in fact say that.

I'm still waiting for my response as to how I and all the other PvPers have been "exploiting" blue immunity. As desperately as you can try to avoid it, "Xbox squeakers" like me have plenty of time on their hands.
    • Like x 3
  19. Slob New Player

Lmao!

Greetings DC community, here are the BIG BIG secrets and "exploits" all of the elite players are keeping to each other.

Secret #1. If your opponent blocks, keep your hand on your mouse. Now using your middle finger, hold down the right button on your mouse in order to perform a BLOCK BREAKER that every weapon secretly has.

Secret #2. If your opponent performs a ranged weapon attack such as a block breaker, keep your hand on your mouse. Now using your index finger hold your left mouse button down in order to perform an INTERRUPT attack.

Secret #3. If your opponent performs an interrupt / melee hold attack. Using your keyboard, tap or hold down your shift key in order to perform a BLOCK.

Secret #4. Using precise timing and anticipation, these 3 FUNDAMENTAL mechanics will each perform a successful counter. Understanding these secret mechanics will help you become a highly skilled player.

This is your Secret Guide to becoming an Elite PvPer.

You're welcome Brothers,

- Brother Slob
    • Like x 20
  20. E Clip Dedicated Player

I have to commend you for being very reasonable and so well articulated! I quoted only this part of your post because I think that the core problem of the game is along these lines. The bold/green part describes the core problem of this discussion.

Superpatriot, you have to learn to filter out the negativity towards you (which is understandable at this point), stop addressing all the irrelevant stuff and start thinking about a compromise, because its evident that you do not represent the views of the community, sorry but you dont. The more you argue against this, the more flack will be directed towards you and the devs. Is this what you really want?

Also people arguing with Superpatriot should tone it down a notch and not start every post with lmao and what not. You are also not getting your point across.

I'm pretty sure think they don't stack, at least not that I have noticed. Seems like other more experienced players already confirmed its not stacking. But anyways, that was a bad choice of word on my part, what I meant by stacking was the frequency at which you can get counter immunities. Right now if someone plays correctly he can have counter immunity at all times, at least in theory, I know its hard to actually do this in practice. So my suggestion was to limit the counter immunities you can get to, say 1 counter immunity in 5 seconds, as opposed to 2 in 5 seconds like we have now, but as Yuin pointed out, that might be a bit confusing. Your idea to lower the cap from 20% to 10% would achieve the same thing that I'm suggesting, the upside is that your idea seems like a more viable one, easier to code and easier to understand by the players.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.