No Flash Love for 75th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/01/06/the-roundup-75-years-in-a-flash

So, here we are halfway into 2015, and the ONLY thing the dev's has ever said about the Flash content in DCUO this year is a new Legends character...which still has yet to be announced when.

Is this going to be another "opps I did it again" moment as such with Superman?

What's on the table for recognizing the Flash as much or more so than Batman had.
    If I recall correctly, this time last year we had 3/4 new skins for Legends?

...is this truly the example we've been looking for that Batman is more favored than any other hero in DCUO?

Should we be calling this game BMUO?

In all seriousness though, is there any plans for more Flash content for his anniversary?
    • Like x 5
  2. Malachyte Devoted Player

I never understood why Flash wasn't an original mentor given that Super Speed was one of the 3 original movement modes, not to mention he also was a founding member of the Justice League
    • Like x 4
  3. Magician Dedicated Player

Right? Clearly he's mentor inspired worthy. Most everyday I go outside Little Bohemia PD and there's some variant of a Flash character.
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  5. Magician Dedicated Player

I sure do hope the dev's see this thread and respond to their plans to add more Flash content
  6. Aren Sul Committed Player

I agree. Flash is more popular now than ever. If they didn't have the bandwidth for it, then I'm not expecting (or asking) for anything major, maybe a fun trinket-type item, or a cosmetic piece of gear.

However, if they did have the time, I think it would be really cool to take the Central City area and map that into something like the seasonal alerts that span nearly all levels. There's a parade for the Flash, and some of the rogues crash it. Take them down, get a prize :)

Also, I went to that link and I agree with the author, we need more ostriches in comics - what I wouldn't give to see a random spawn of the Penguin charging down the streets of Gotham on an ostrich.
  7. Magician Dedicated Player

I'd like a simple quest to visit the Flash museum, the actual museum part to check out the layout inside and by doing so get a base item Flash statue if that was possible.

If not, a simple Flash balloon you see outside the Museum for a base item would work :)
    • Like x 3
  8. NerdOfPrey Creative Director

We love the Flash.

(That's all I can say.)
    • Like x 17
  9. Magician Dedicated Player

Thanks for the response SJ, much love to you and your team!
  10. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Like previous poster said, this subject was brought up some time ago with NO feedback from the devs.

That being said, as we did with Superman’s 75th, we get nothing and the ONLY hope we have is that with the upcoming changes to how DC handles content, we’ll get something when the CW shows, most notably The Flash, come back this fall with their new seasons.

Heck, they could be cheeky and say that they used the Speed Force/time or dimensional travel to send us the gift were supposed to get at the time of his 75th.

In the end, it’s not like they have to go “hog wild” and we know that The Flash Legends character is coming soon but we could’ve gotten Jay Garrick’s helm, Barry’s cowl, a Cosmic Treadmill base item or something!!! …or just acknowledge it in more than a tweet and say we’ve got plans.

Still in Promise Land but at least we've gotten some acknowledgment.
  11. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I like this idea a lot, i recall i used to watch a justice league cartoon where they had a "flash appreciation day" can we have that?

12. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Hmmmm, could this mean something is in the works?

I know, you can't say...

IA ARMY
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Your sig is super awesome !!
  14. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Flash Mentor confirmed.

Joking aside, I'd love to see new mentors... Flash would certainly be a good contender.
    • Like x 1
  15. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

At this point I'd be more suprised if we got anything having to do with the Flash this year then if we didn't .
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

We should have a party at The Flash Museum!
    • Like x 1
  17. Sardik New Player

Of course not, i bet soon we will have the announce of a Batman using the Flash costume for legends.
    • Like x 3
  18. RavenSW Well-Known Player

I found it odd that Superman who is an alien is the mentor for Meta Humans, let alone Lex Luther, who is more a batman type character, can't really see how he offers any real expertise to a human that has become empowered, Flash/Reverse Flash would have been more sensible in that capacity. Also very disappointed with Central City, should have been more then just another battlezone, but could have been more in line with Metropolis and Gotham.

Can definitely see the devs caring most about Batman, but seems they don't like Flash at all given how little they actually do with one of DCs most iconic heros. Even on the heels of the TV show breaking out in such a big way
  19. RavenSW Well-Known Player

I think it would be more like Flashpoint Batman for an iconic, because aftet all it is all about the Bat
  20. Swiftduck Loyal Player

LOL there will be no flash.

but we will for sure get another batman.