ppl still running old content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is more then just the mainframe.

Your 5 MoT were enough to buy 5 Catalyst type I.
    Or one Catalyst Type II.
    Or 5 pieces of renown style.
    Etc.

So whether you like it or not..... it did add up.... and it could be used to purchase some of the less expensive stuff.

And queue time were much shorter back then.

Did you try to queue lately???
    Even just a Duo can take forever...... especially for a Villain on USPC.
    So imagine how long it can take for an 8 man mission???
    • Like x 2
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I'm on EUPC Villains. Queue times are bad but they were always bad. Yet I've seen people shout for Kahndaq, Oa, LoA and a few other low tier instances on a daily basis recently. I've even had leaguemates get into FoS2 by queueing although I never would recommend that to anyone. Spytle himself said you shouldn't queue for raids and I agree. Many people agree actually which is why it is easier to get into any raid by LFG than by queue.
    Getting into and through lower tier instances isn't as hard as most people make it out to be imo, if someone really wants to get into something they will get in, not necessarily through the queue system though. Either way I strongly dislike that we didn't get a single instance portal since Sons of Trigon and the devs haven't said anything about portals/instance teleporter mods in a while.

I don't think the new marks system is perfect, catalyst, synth mod and gear style prices are the most obvious issues that people have been pointing out ever since it hit Test. Catalyst prices are really bad now compared to pre47 and should just be sold in stacks or for cash only. However I still don't agree with the "adding up". Before this update, once you were past T1 or T2 you were never out of marks. If you needed a single Catalyst Type I I'm sure 99.99999% of the time you already had that one leftover MoT. I doubt "T6 people running T1 solos because they didn't even have a single MoT for a Cat1" was a thing that happened regularly.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It does not mater what Spytle says that we should not queue for raid.

People did queue before........ not so much now.

We did queue for raids before...... and it did not take as long as it does now.

Yes the villain side hass been bad for some time...... but it is even badder now. ;)

As a T6..... you could run T1 solo for feat/styles.
    But if you did not get either a feat or a style..... you at least had the consolation of getting a MoT that could buy you a Catalyst 1.

Now... you get nothing. Nothing.
    And on top of that you must spend your T7 Marks to buy the same Catalyst 1.

So in short.... the T1 mission gave you at least 1 MoT that could be used for a Catalyst 1.
    Now you must run a T7 Mission for MoV to buy the same Catalyst 1.

So running T1 missions before was at least a bit more usefull before.
    • Like x 2
  4. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Im sorry but just because we are T7 we are no longer aloud to run old content? its not jus exclusive to you, Dont like being with T7's then get a low level mate to run with. Most of us spent hours in raids and alerts wipeing when the game launched so we if anyone have earned the right to do whatever content we want, wether its for feats or just for fun.
    • Like x 2
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

It certainly was, yet no one ran T1 missions for the 1 MoT in the first place. They didn't do it before, they don't do it now. Those who still need feats from T1 can still run T1 for said feats. I got no sympathy for people who chose to queue for old raids and expect them to pop, then come to the forums to complain about not getting into raids.
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

hence the "?" at the end of my sentence ;)

means I am asking not saying you never passed it
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Totally agree Magneto.

Spytle can SAY anything he likes he doesn't deal with the same nonsense we do trying to find a team. Check out the posts of LFG and see how many team leaders out there will not invite a CR 117 to a raid because they want HIGHER CR players so it goes faster and easier. For a LOT of players until they reach those magical numbers these So called team leaders demand Quing is one of the only ways to actually get into and play content. Oh and let us not forget the Leaders with demands for not only a specific CR but also tacking on "must be EXP" because heaven knows the LAST thing they have tome to do is actually explain what needs to be done to succeed.

And yeah I have qued up and joined raids at all tiers and had good and bad runs and the wait was never very long on USPC. I ran with some really bad teams and I ran with some outstanding teams that just breezed through the raid and finished with no difficulty at all and in no time... One particular incident that sticks out was a Gates Raid with a team consisting almost entirely of 100+ toons that finished the entire raid in 16 minutes. And PRE 47 why were eight 100+ toons doing a Gates raid? Because with the monthly bonus it paid out 3500 MOT which covered better than four months worth of rent of both utility belt slots. 16 minutes of my available playing time and I didn't have to worry about having enough Marks of Triumph to pay that rent for 4 more months. Now I need to complete three daily missions in New Genesis to open 1 slot for thirty days and I wind up with exactly one mark left to BUY better armor.
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No one ran for the 1 MoT.... and still since GU47.... queues for T1 missions or old content in general did take a HIT.
    That 1 MoT was usefull. But not sure why you focus on T1 alone. And what about the weekly??
    That 5 MoT for T2? And the weekly??
    That 25 MoT for T3?? and the weekly??
    That 125 MoT for T4??? and the weekly??
    That 625 MoT from T5??? and the Weekly???

ALL those were more usefull before.
    Now??? not as much.

As for queuing for the old raid.....

People DID queue for the old raid BEFORE GU47.
    Not so much now.
    Was this all just to prove Spytle right??? and makes sure no one queued for old raid missions anymore?? or any old missions anymore??
    • Like x 1
  9. Horridhal New Player

So, basically, because you feel that it is fine everyone should? The queue times are longer, across all tiers, for any instance that requires more than 2 people. This isn't just my observation, nor is it incorrect. The cost of upkeep might be a minor annoyance to you but to myself, and others like me, I only have a few instances I can farm marks. Now, those marks that I would have spent on gear and new feats are being used on upkeep.

Here's an easier suggestion for restructuring the system : Lock vendors to CR's. Tada. Now you can remove relevancy, people still progress properly(Meaning they don't bypass huge swaths of content) and people, like myself, stop hating the system.

Just because it has no credibility to you doesn't mean the argument isn't valid, it just means you refuse to see the merits of the opposing side. Those marks did add up and they were used. Also, yes, the queue times were almost instant for the majority of alerts and raids were, on average, about 5 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Single marks or 25-packs don't add up to the 12k you needed for a mainframe. Never did. I'll give you guys that T3 alerts could pay for T3 synthetic mods, but everything lower than that made no difference at all. And if you people all ran T1 or T2 stuff all day for marks then I can tell you you wasted your time. If you played T4 for marks I can understand that to some extend, I did it too for a while. At least those raid marks actually did add up.

Saying it doesn't make it a fact. If you can provide anything other than anecdotal evidence I might actually believe it though. And again, queues aren't the only way to get into content. If you can't get into raid X because you didn't try then you are the only one to blame.

I'm not here to start a fight, I just have troubles understanding what you guys actually complain about. That you have to play 1 alert and 1 duo within 60 days to pay for tactical mods? That you have to pay endgame marks for stuff that used to be MoT? Getting Marks of Victory doesn't take longer than getting MoT used to take for upkeep. That catalyst prices are idiotic now? I agree. That you can't get into low tier content on your low tier chars? That's on you then, at least partly. Obviously on villain side, especially on PC servers, especially on EUPC villains, it was always tough to get a full group going for content that isn't relevant.

GU47 introduced some flaws. The catalyst prices are my favorite example. But to me the "queue times are so much longer" and "those low tier marks added up" catch phrases don't sound like actual arguments, just like some people being pissed over a change and making up reasons why instead of analysing what the real issues are.
  11. Horridhal New Player

It is pretty clear that you understand why we are making the comments we are.

It is just as obvious that you are choosing to ignore those reasons, or pretend they aren't important, in order to further your own argument. I won't play into it anymore, sorry.
    • Like x 2
  12. lanternknight Committed Player

This will be long as im trying to hit on key points of the thread without replying individually to every post.

GU47 really ruined the enjoyment of the game. But, in the devs defense they were doing what they thought the complainers wanted. You had the high cr complainers, complaining people leveling up not knowing their roles. Apparently they forgot they were also taught how to do their roles by the high level players before them. Then you have the low levels complaining about high levels blowing through the content. Instead of keeping up with the high cr players and following and learning how to beat the content. Because of them is why we have GU47. It will never go away because once something is done, the devs will never revert it back. Example: powers that were nerfed and the AM for them are still lacking compared to their prenerfed state. (Rage, electricity, celestial)

Now we are stuck with long que times. I was leveling up a rage character before and after GU47. The que times are much longer now. Especially for a t5 duo. A lot of that is due to MOT being removed from the game. I ran t5 content like many others did for the monthly boxes to pay rent. A&B, Nexus, and Paradox Wave dropped 15,000 MOT from their monthly boxes alone. That's why so many high cr players qued for them.

Which was good. Because the leveling process was easy until you reached t5 content. You didn't need to run alerts or raids to level up until you reached t5 content.

The other reason the ques are longer is due to lower content not being at the appropriate level for high cr players. A 120+ cr player should never get one or two shooted in anything under t6 content. That is the whole purpose of getting stronger gear. To be stronger. Which should be present when running lower content. So, less high levels are willing to run lower content for no rewards because of that problem.

The devs should of just ignored the complaints and continued with their formula. They should of added Marks of Victory and converted Marks of Fury all to Marks Of Triumph, with a monthly box added to the end of the content played. Which would increase the usefulness of the content for rent and affording to buy lower vendor pieces for feats. However, the winning formula wasn't continued and we have what we have now.
    • Like x 2
  13. UltraVillain Committed Player

While the longer queue times are a worry the fundamental issue imo is a mechanisms that actually decreases the value of the game the more you play!

I hit 118 thanks to an ill advised opening of a couple of unnatuned drops (sadly I took note of my equipped CR rather than the CR that the game says I have (based on a combination of armour I would never wear)....... it effectively switched off the solos and duos of AF1 and Wol1 (all feats done), I lost valid reason to run some content in order to gain access to...nothing, for me there is no gain and considerable loss because those solos and duos I was actually enjoying and found reliable to join when I had some spare time to log in. Now those options are gone and are gone - exchanged for longer and more frustrating content that I can't always rely will pop queue wise.

The marks system was not perfect before by any means, but now it is downright stupid.
  14. lanternknight Committed Player

Yeah. They should of just changed fury to triumph and boom. The game has become boring now after GU47. Even the cr change between us and npcs arent right. I could solo raven bounty, gates, fos raids, prime, and the lower content that had walk in portals. Not so much now. Raven bounty seems to take hardly any damage at her 90+ cr and my 120cr. Yet, she still does significant damage to me.

GU47 just needs to go away.
  15. Helderman Dedicated Player

"Old" content is new for new players. That's why.
  16. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

BFE duos, as was stated above, are a special case because of their high counter feat.

Having said that, I run significantly less content since the revamp and if not for the fact I don’t purchase style feats, I would run even less.

In the end, while I still have my issues with the mark relevancy and the revamp to rewards, I think with some more tweaks, it’ll be better but we will still see players playing less continuing to play less and less content.

Though as I've said in previous post, the DCUO powers-that-be don't care about people playing 3 hours a day if they're not using Replay Badges and while they'll deny this, if all people did was play high end content to help spam replayers, then they'd be just fine with that.
    • Like x 2
  17. UltraVillain Committed Player

Unfortunately this does make some sense of the more arcane changes of GU47 - Leaving the player with a smaller volume of rewarding content means the requirement to buy replays occurs sooner and sooner. A cynical but sad commercial strategy that has a direct consequence to reduce game variety, fun or value.
  18. C3alix Committed Player

Umm...

I still run some of the lower content for salvaging purposes and for the BFE duo's feat.