This is what's currently Hapining in LFG USPS server !!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Green Lantern Fadi, Jun 9, 2015.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

guessing you are a hero?

reason I ask is b/c I dont see that BS on villain. Also this is considered black listing ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. VintageWine Dedicated Player

3. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

While I may not agree with all of Fadi's tactic's I would like to point out post GU 36 most powers have now gotten multiple looks at attention. Whether that's Gadgets, Nature, Fire, Sorcery, Earth, Light, Mental, Ice, etc. Each have received multiple tweaks over the last year. Light currently is sitting in the same range number of tweaks as them.

Now consider that when the Dev Team announced WIP Threads, AM's and WM they stated that Light would receive multiple updates over time. That was due to the massive change that would come from GU 36 and just how much it changed the play of that specific power.

To date post GU 35 Light was tweaked in GU 36(like a bunch of others), GU 38, GU 43. It also received a power back mechanic with many others in GU 41. That was to finally make the Clipping AM viable since using it would render a troller a migraine.

Now consider that the Clipping AM is vastly under performing and has no way to enhance the damage. It's not really an AM and is simply a power refund mechanic. That's why no one uses it. So while it may be correct that Light has two AM's only one stands a ghost chance in H#ll of keeping up with average DPS. To note Light has no mechanic that increases the clipped damage(ah la Cel, Rage).

The Combo AM is underperforming and charts have shown that. It will eventually get attention and get tweaked. It's obvious the Dev Team is finishing a sweep of powers making sure their all performing within a range of each other.

To this point the HL Full Range Extended Combo deals a DPS of around 18 - 20k. Pretty close to most other powers but slightly under.

It deals the same amount of damage at mid range.

It deals a measly 139 more DPS at melee range. Those last two are more important as each power is supposed to have a risk vs reward. Like I said eventually the team will make their way to it. How you perceive that is on you.

Lastly this thread was really made to bring up a point about an unintended effect of the weaponization changes in GU 47. Post GU 47 Light Weight when picked up and thrown is doing extremely high unintended damage. Its gotten as bad as when people we're glitching Thrones. Players are shouting XXXXXXName Light Weight DPS 4 XXXXXXInstance. It's being abused. I've sent a video to Spord showing the unintended damage.

I don't think Fadi should have probably shown that person's name to the whole world but he is trying to promote people not abusing the game. That's not a bad thing. This Light Weight issue needs to be addressed right away. I can wait until the dev team has time to bring the damage in balance overall. That will and should happen eventually.
    • Like x 2
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

The only purpose of this thread is to show what is happening daily in LFG . You may not see or respond to those people but it's happening anyway .

The community these days changed a lot . Even if you very skilled player but your power type is not the op once, people will automatically look at you that your dps damage will suck .

As I explained earlier , im happy that the devs finally making adjustment to other powers so they are close and these kinda stuff won't happen at all .
    • Like x 1
  5. Reformed New Player

"GLF HL dps for NGN and HH, pst"

I could type this into LFG right now, screenshot it, and make a thread saying that HL is OP...
    • Like x 1
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

That's not the point of this thread :)
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

There has never been a point in this game where players were not judged based upon CR, SP or Power.
    A strong portion of our community will take numbers and texts over a player's skill.
  8. Stark23 Committed Player

There is no point to this thread, that's the point.
  9. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Why your mad ?
  10. Reformed New Player

You're the one mad at someone else's group formation... :rolleyes:
  11. Stark23 Committed Player

You say you see this increasing every day, meanwhile in reality no one ever sees it. Makes sense.
  12. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Not mad at all , I think u misunderstood my point
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

If
    if u can't or didn't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist
  14. Mighty Committed Player

No, it hasn't. It had one update that was split across GU37 and GU39, much of that was dealt with fixing how broken the powerset was after GU36 where the animations to core moves were doubled a non-working PI was added, and phantom-triangle jump-canceling was removed sucking a major source of DPS from a power that leaned on it to be competitive. A few months later power return was added to light - and a slew of other powers. A month after that it got the extended combo AM that rolled off test doing the third-best DPS of the four powers touched. Since that time the one power in that bunch performing worse than HL was mega-buffed and is currently the best DPS in the game (mental). The second-best DPS power in that group will be the top DPS after the next update goes live.

Also in that timeframe gadgets will have been buffed twice this year alone, after being given an AM that has ranked amongst the game's strongest and most versatile this past fall. The whole "HL gets all the attention," thing has been repeated into truth when, really, it's an act of fiction. Moreover, even if it has had all this alleged attention, wouldn't you if you were a light user be pretty fed up with a power that is still quantifiably and objectively under-performing most other powers in DPS?

Why is it ok for people to constantly and rightfully ask for fire to get fixed but not HL? If the power is underperforming it's underperforming and people who enjoy playing that power are well within their place to ask for it to be fixed.

In none of the updates that touched HL did it get a bulk of the attention. It has always been either a piecemeal afterthought-feeling job, or in the case of the extended combos GU, it was one of four powers with major revisions.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mighty Committed Player

So to refresh my memory I actually went back through the update notes since GU36 and made a list of every update and each power that received what was intended to be a direct, tangible upgrade. Here's the breakdown.

GU37 - Earth
    GU38 - Light, Nature, Elec
    GU39 - Fire
    GU40 - Gadgets
    GU41 - Fire, Nature, Elec, Light, Gadgets
    GU42 - None
    GU43 - Gadgets, Light, Fire, Ice, Mental, Nature
    GU44 - Quantum, Gadgets
    GU45 - Celestial
    GU46 - Rage
    GU47 - Earth, Sorc, Mental
    GU48 - Fire, Ice, Gadgets

Tale of the tape: Gadgets (5), Fire (4), Light and Nature (3), Mental and Ice and Elec and Earth (2), Quantum and Rage and Celestial (1).

Also, saying HL has two different AMs is a bit of a misnomer. It can construct, and it can clip those constructs or chain them indefinitely. That's really not two AMs, that's two ways to play the same AM. It got said AM four years ago ...
    • Like x 1
  16. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Just form your own group then if u are unhappy with how other people set up their groups.
  17. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

You just jealous because you aren't quantum, munitions or mental dps.
  18. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

It's funny how people straight up lie on this forum to prove their point.....

NO Light has NOT gotten double the attention of any other powerset.....either you're a first year player or just like to lie to prove your points.....

Okay you say that Light has 2 AM's.... they both hit like a wet noodle. It's like bringing knives to a gun fight. It doesn't matter if you have 2 knives the gun is so much better that the person who has it will always win.

I'm a player since launch and I'm calling you out on your bull
    • Like x 2
  19. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

After this update the worst DPS powers will be.....*drumroll*

Hard Light, Electric and Nature (Also Rage if we're talking about ranged options)

Nature and HL were both updated at the same time and received the same amount of updates up to that point.

It should be Electric, HL and Nature in the next GU if there is any logic in these power revamps.

Learn your stuff before spouting off nonsense on the forums
  20. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

This subject and the corresponding threads pop up every couple of months, more so since the introduction of Weapon Mastery and Advanced Mechanics and while I do see the issues, the fact still remains that if the content was more difficult and had a more varied array of mechanics beyond one-shots then you’d see differing group makeups.

Of course this means nothing since content “ages” so quickly due to the spamming of Replay Badges and unless you make content absolutely impossible to complete without top end gear and only marginally so with it, then this will always be the case.

That being said, this’ll never happen and TBH, I don’t have faith that the devs can create content that is “impossible” to complete as the embodiments of what they think are the most difficult content (Survival Mode and Elite Raids), while not completed by all, are generally taken down, even if by a small number of the community.