Buff the damage from encasement breakers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Grvv Redwig, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Buff the damage from encasement breakers as an incentive for trolls to use debuffs.
  2. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Encase ment are sooooooooooooo annoying j/s
    • Like x 2
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

And bring back transmutations encasment breaker ability!
    • Like x 5
  4. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Im not just talking about thought bubble :p
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

No. No encouragement of encasements. I wish they'd die a slow agonizing death.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Why are you worrying about damage output If your main task is to give the group back power? Damage should be the last objective you worry about as a controller. Also From a tanking perspective if you encase the enemies before I pull them that would annoy me. So like the others I'll say no to this.
  7. VariableFire Loyal Player

I will take enemies being stunned far and away over enemies being encased. Although the panic status effect is gaining ground in annoyance.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

First, Controllers need not use encasement debuffs as there are generally alternatives available to them that have less chance of hampering damage output on targets as well as the Tank’s ability to control adds.

That said, I doubt we see any movement on this issue as all too often powers are adjusted to “solve” issues but’re never readjusted once those issues have been resolved thru other means.
  9. MetalMario Loyal Player

Please no. How about making encasements work as a taunt so that trolls will be encouraged to use debuffs instead of turning enemies into objects that roll around and prevent incoming damage.
  10. Supergirly Dedicated Player

As a tank, I hate it when trollers use any kind of controlling power, before I pull the mobs.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is DPS Universe Online, if you want more damage, you need to go DPS. And people dont like controller encasements anyway.
  12. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

As a troller, i try to make a point about this, as a tank i hated it to death too, made me feel like Mr. Magoo's nephew trying to keep everyone alive while everything was falling appart around me :D
  13. Reformed New Player

Encasements and Quantum's Hard stuns should be the only controlling powers a tank should hate. All other stuns are fine and do not inhibit your duty.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

I remember a long time Drift Hazard reported they're currently the strongest power interaction in the game. Although now with WM and AM's, they're damage is sub par when comparing to them.

My biggest thing is making it so that all types of damage register through the encasement. As it stands, it's only a majority of burst might powers and few DoT powers actually bypass the encasement. Precision damage doesn't.

Also, if a target is taunted before the target is encased, the Tank should still have their aggro. It's only when a target is encased first that they're not able to be taunted because I guess the encasement is registered as an object and you can't taunt through an object. Enemies can be taunted through Quantums CC because they aren't encased.
    • Like x 1
  15. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Well i did say encasement " breakers " . Besides it will still find utility in alerts and instances where a tank may not be required. Basically an idea to enforce more use of debuffs.
  16. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Infact encasements aren't rooting in nature. If we could do them and still have the tank pull em then that would be neat.
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea they don't root. They just don't register pulls or pushes while the animation is up and that's definitely one of the problems with them. It's the same code they use for Quantum's Anomaly, Distortion Wave, and Tach Burst. At the same time, I used encasements to bubble enemies in the past so I can hit them with my weapon to fling them from people. But that hasn't happened since like PBG days.
    • Like x 1
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I thought power interactions and encasement breakers were so cool when I first started the game. I then realized you generate your own power interactions ... if the team's doing it, sugar on top. And, I started tanking with trolls that had no sense when to encase.

If we could somehow make power interactions that give bonuses for other people, but not ourselves, to encourage team play, I'd be for that.

If, for every encasement that rolls away, there was a version that didn't ... same way you have boulder/ice boulder strike, meteor/meteor strike ... I'd be for that.

Personally, I'd like to see Resonating Gale's damage be on par with Ice Boulder Strike.
    • Like x 2
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

Redeemed me, why did the devs make encasement that hamper damage again? Personally I think it should be a viable crowd control option in group content... If it's not then perhaps the Devs should look into the way it functions and ask themselves: Why does it work like this? Can it be improved? What is fun about encasement? (For me the fun part of encasement is being able to pick up and hit other enemies with my enemies.)
    • Like x 1
  20. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

I believe instantly breaking them is the fun part. Well as an old school dps it was always fun to have your troll do them for you and then you would break them.