Bad DPS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Jun 2, 2015.

1. BlazeChamp Committed Player

What in my post made you think I don't know a lot about this game? My suggestion for using Youtube?
  2. Marine Death Committed Player

Welcome to humanity. Can happen will happen.
  3. BlazeChamp Committed Player

I don't get outdamaged often but when I do it's not by more than 500k. Plus, I don't want nerfs, I want all powers to be equal like everybody else.
  4. DrTyme Well-Known Player

To really troll besides pot and power dumping a troll has to know when to stun to debuffs and what most people forget is that a troll is still expected to put out heavy damage from building back it's own power.
    I've been in many groups that yes the troll kept the group power occasionally put up a debuffs. But looking at the scorecard had barely done any damage.
    So trolling is easy if you only do half the job
  5. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Trolling being the easiest is an opinion not a fact. Just like I said DPS is the easiest. It's more based off experience.
  6. BlazeChamp Committed Player

I guess so.
  7. ChuckLess New Player

Just come off as very inexperienced.
    • Like x 1
  8. BlazeChamp Committed Player

1. If I'm new to a power, my starting point would be youtube.
    2. Okay, I'll admit they are not all toe to toe. But only two or three may not be able to keep up (fire,gadgets,electric).
    3. They shouldn't.
    4. Weapon combos, weapon mastery, and AM.
    5. http://dcuobloguide.com/ All someone has to do is find the DPS loadout for their power on this website and use that until they actually start to LEARN their power.
  9. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

*Returns to the thread*
    *reads the new posts*
    [IMG]
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

low damage doesn't always equal bad dps. The way the game changed base on your cr, if you have 126 in a grou and say the other is 110 or even 115, the 115 will not be able to put out enough damage before the 126 kills everything in sight.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I tried pugging some raids on my t5 controller on hero side. I am pretty competent as a controller but I could not keep people powered. What I observed was a bunch of players using weapons, melee attacking and dying. Also, tank was clueless so I quit the instance because he wouldn't acknowledge that he should just use a power then block and he kept dying.

Tried pugging an alert with a rage DPS who was full of power and doing terrible damage, just using melee weapons. No GE or BL at all.
    • Like x 1
  12. MrB Dedicated Player

That's why I said trolling is easy if you just throw pot and insta only. Even if you're debuffing its still pretty easy with 6k vit and everyone having AMs. With that much vit you can play using 2 fingers: pot/insta/debuff with one and weapon attacks with the other.

It's pretty much a fact. With 6k vit all you have to do is just throw pot and insta, then everyone is happy. If you're lazy you don't even have to count up for double ticks, just wait for the pot lighting to disappear and then throw it again. Throw a debuff or two in there and you're great at it. There is no need to remember rotations, and no need for distance to maximize your effectiveness. Unless everyone is out of power and troll has a full bar, no body will complain. Again with 6k vit that should never happen. or even 5k.
  13. Kroye Loyal Player

Your post made me think of that old silly thing where folks add "in bed" after they read the slip of paper inside a fortune cookie.

Example:
    Plan for many pleasures ahead (except fire.)
    Something you lost will soon turn up (except fire.)
    Your artistic talents win the approval and applause of others (except fire.)
    Good things are being said about you (except fire.)
    Don't forget, you are always on our minds (except fire.)
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

If you're think you see "truly horrible DPS every time" you run anything, you probably have unreasonably high standards. How do you define bad dps?

Are you seriously telling people to quit the game because they lag? :confused:

Can't test it properly if the enemies don't fight back. Can't test it in a solo/duo because it requires a troller and a tank. Has to be a raid, or an alert with a mostly balanced team.
    • Like x 1
  15. ChuckLess New Player

That would have still been the case regardless of GU 47.
  16. DrTyme Well-Known Player

You missed the part where I said a troll is supposed to do heavy damage
  17. MrB Dedicated Player

Unless the dps really really sucks the troll is not gonna come close in damage. I mean really sucks. Even with battle trolling you won't be doing heavy damage compared to dps. Even if you use part dps gear with dps mods.

Back in the day a troll could do 3/4 of dps damage but now that's not possible. But then people suffered from troll dpsing instead of giving power and thus tanks/healers ran out of power causing wipes.

I have enough sp to allow me to get all the crits for dps side, use some dps white mods in my gear. orbital, henchman, and i still cant come close to what i would call "heavy damage".

Either way trolling is way easier than healing, tanking or dps. The only thing to time is pot and debuffs to keep them uninterrupted but even then its meh.

Whats your definition of heavy damage?
    • Like x 1
  18. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

I find every role in this game equally easy. And can't understand how can anyone be bad at something in this kindergarten level game.
  19. amazingmanll New Player

Not enough SP
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

*DING* *DING* *DING* We have a winner. We found out why you play with bad players: CR is not equal to skill. If you're always picking the people who have the highest CR thinking that means they will do high damage, you're not choosing your groups with the correct criteria.
    • Like x 1