I think it's only fair

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solmes202, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Solmes202 Loyal Player

....in light of the threads where players are saying that they are letting their subs run out or that they are quitting, that we have a thread for the players who are NOT letting their subs lapse and are staying with the game. Everyone is more than entitled to leave when the game looses it's luster for them but for me and a lot of other players the game goes on.

I'm still here and will remain so.
    • Like x 26
  2. Marine Death Committed Player

I re-sub for a year and in the few months I'm due for a re-new in which I will not let it lapse. At times I do wear a tinfoil hat ( i'm only human ) but that doesn't keep me away from this wonderful game.
    • Like x 5
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Same, I stay in dcuo. Game is still awesome, some things are not but I always enjoy it. Devs always improve it and fix things. I renew my sub every month. Good thread, makes a change for all people wanting to leave but still staying. lol
    • Like x 5
  4. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Agreed. The game isn't perfect. But on balance it's outstanding. It's very possible to see the flaws and still enjoy the game.
    • Like x 5
  5. Dezaras Loyal Player

Two PC subscriptions, one premium as well.
    And I'm currently installing on my sexy new PS4. Premium's probably as far as I'll go on there though.

Yeah I ain't going anywhere.
    • Like x 6
  6. EP Ice Loyal Player

Exactly!!! Very well said!
    • Like x 7
  7. Stamen Dedicated Player

My sub is solid. As are my expenditures above that during the year.

Look, I get that people are frustrated. The big irony is that the game hasn't changed. This DLC is about the same as the Sons of Trigon release -- with the exception of an elite content raid (which BTW, I don't see very many of the whiners posting their victory videos). Sons of Trigon followed a piece of content in which a huge swath of our community never finished. There will be a bunch who say they did, but I know better. People were threatening to unsub for the opposite reason (that it was too hard).

This DLC has a fair balance of "kiss and make-up" content to follow a content set that many people didn't finish. The next one is sure to be harder and more challenging.

Bottom line, if you can't handle the valleys, stay off the peaks.

In it to win it, and for the duration.
    • Like x 6
  8. David Ivanenko Committed Player

I've been liking the recent changes (still think some minor adjustments are needed), so I'm staying.
    I've tried lots of other MMOs and always end up coming back to DCUO, started playing around March 2012, became legendary almost a year later and so far the only "Con" this game has, is the toxic community and the self entitlement some members (we all know who they are) have.
    • Like x 6
  9. ChuckLess New Player

I sure do ***** A LOT, but, still here.

This game has ruined all others that are out there atm. I just can't give up flying and using my mouse to look around/target. ;)
    • Like x 6
  10. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I am not done being evil! :D
    • Like x 7
  11. Dezaras Loyal Player

Thems are some extra perky perks.
    • Like x 2
  12. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I've tried to quit. Seriously, I have...I've sold everything I could and given all my cash and items away. I'd never go so far as to delete my characters though.

And then a week or so later I come crawling back. Luckily Anne is pretty forgiving.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Really Imo I'd wish we just have solid DLC's or Episodes as we call it. This Small content BIG content stuff is annoying, and really forces players to think about what dlc they need. As far as I go I'm in the same boat as derio, I get on every now and then and log off. My big fun factor with this game was the variety of things you could do in combat, but Ever since WM/AM got released that is gone. You could do your own rotation, but you won't keep up and will likely get kicked. As far as Weapons and loadouts All I see these days are: Rifle tappings(Mental, quantum, Munitions, etc) Dw or two handed or hb for Wm combos, as far as power rotations every loadout is merely the same expect for celestial, gadgets, and munitions. If I get a dlc nowadays, it's gotta have solo and duo's in it, or I'm not gonna get it. that's just my preference.
    • Like x 1
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I've travelled to the far future to visit Rip Hunter at Vanishing Point.

Yes, I checked. I'm still subscribed to DCUO at the end of time. :D
    • Like x 9
  15. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

To be honest I don't see the nerf so far. I ran FOS1 the other day for fun and in tank stance I was top DPS. I mean the only one above 90 CR was me, so I fully expected to be nerfed into the ground. I need to test it on more of the older content I guess.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I am still subbed and I plan to stay this way for a long time. I dropped my sub for one day because i was mad for the old content being so unbalanced, but I couldn't live with the cash cap and the blocked sessions from the DLCs I do not own, so I resubbed the day after. :)
    • Like x 4
  17. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

Just resubbed last week. I am really excited about the new announcements that DCUO and D.C. Comics would be working closer together for some releases. I decided to slow down on climbing my cr, and have started playing other content in the game that i was not playing as much before. Like PVP,races, and LPVE which was something that i did not enjoy before but now i find more entertaining not to mention that feats are in that content. Looking forward to DCUO moving forward. PSST DEVS LOSH would make a great DLC please think about it.
    • Like x 2
  18. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I like those "I'm so quitting!...no really i am!...hey...look at me...im quitting?...pay me some attention...please?" kind of guys...they even come to a thread about not quitting to tell us about how much they are quitting...honestly, there's a point at which tantrums are supposedly left behind, devs are not required to give you wanthever you want always as if it was some kid of baby pacifier.

If you are going to quit, just quit! You are playing a game, not performing open heart surgery on us...so rest assured none of us are going to beg you to stay, just in case you guys didn't got the hint from all those "I'm quitting" threads that no one gave a darn either, and we will be even more happy happy joy joy people!
    • Like x 3
  19. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I still remember when I was BETA testing on SWTOR and saw an add for DCUO. I remember coming to this forum, well the old one, and asking one question. "Do they have the styles to make Supergirl?" I was then told that not only did they, but several people offered to give me her boots. I logged in later that day, and played. The next day, my mail was full of Supergirl boots.

I have been Legendary ever since. Role Play is what keeps me here. The content keeps me happy, when RP is low. I will be here till they kick me off the game. :)

Oh, and I quit BETA testing SWTOR that week. hehe
    • Like x 5
  20. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Still love the game, and I aint going nowhere. GU 47 was a necessary evil. They never should have allowed most of the crap that went on for so long.. I'll be here until the servers go off-line. Been through too many of the game is dying threads. Go if your going. We dont need an announcement, explanations or any grand-standing. Just go. With all its imperfections, DCUO is still better for me than what's out there.

In conclusion, you can keep Dragon Age, you can keep ESO, you can keep Final Fantasy, or whatever else you like. I try those games and realize they just dont have the it factor for me. What's really funny is I'm probably harder on the Devs than anyone. But thats because I love this game. Been here for 5 1/2 years strong( Alpha/Beta/Launch). I aint leaving now.
    • Like x 4