[Marketplace] What opens your wallet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xanoth, May 30, 2015.

1. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Just remembered a want...

Increased shared bank space!

I've no idea why thing's not a thing.
    • Like x 5
  2. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Won't happen till ps3 is dropped (confirmed by spytle on one of the most recent FNL)... To paraphrase "PS3 can't handle it"

P.S.
    Tho the nice thing is it seems like you won't have to pay for it as it will be increased as a free update after ps3 is finally dropped. PC already has the increased slots.
  3. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Or it just plain freaking sucked. I'm especially looking at the firefighter outfit. This should have been a no-brainer. The firefighter outfit was a terrible idea from the get go (and quite frankly it makes me wonder if the people who decided it for the MP have ever read a comic in there life). But if they were going insist on going the firefighter route at the very least make it a super firefighter and not some stupid generic firefighter outfit. I mean this isn't rocket science. People generally don't like to lower their "status" in any aspect of this life. Lowering yourself from a superhero to a generic firefighter seems like a pretty significant downgrade to me. And don't even get me started when it comes to why they think supervillains would want to spend a cent on that. No disrespect to irl firefighters who i hold nothing but respect for but there would be significant difference between seeing a firefighter in real life and a actual superhero in real life. Just saying...
  4. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Like an earlier poster said, a 50% off sale would REALLY open up my wallet.

That said, style pieces for characters, weapons and bases as well as quality of life improvements have generally opened up my wallet the most.

Of course this goes back to the 50% off sale factor as the pricing for most of these styles tend to exceed what I would want to pay for them under normal circumstances.

That being said, there are certain items I would luv to see added to the Marketplace that would open up my wallet, especially if reasonably priced…
    • Power skins: Being able to change your powers appearance to be more in line with certain characters, factions or mentors. Examples: Hellfire (Fire) for Circe mentees, Vengeful Light (Light) for Batman mentees, Totally Mental (Mental) for Joker mentees, etc.
    • Movement skins: Being able to change your movement appearance based on your power and stance. Examples: Primal Speedster, Light Skimmer, etc.
    • Power-inspired Flexsuits: This one speaks for itself and has been requested for some time.
    • Power-inspired Auras: This one has been much requested and speaks for itself.
    • Power-inspired Lair Themes: The one is something I’ve personally wanted to see and have suggested several times on these very forums. Examples: Astral Plain (Mental), Emerald (Hero Light), Volcanic (Fire), etc.
    These are just a couple I’ve been wanting to see for some time, in addition to an Iconic Weapon Pack featuring items like Green Arrow’s Bow, Deadshot’s Wrist Guns (Handblasters), Huntress’ Crossbows (Dual Pistols), Deathstroke’s Sword (One-handed), etc.
    • Like x 5
  5. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I made sure to thumb you up on principle for referring to Light by it's proper name.
    • Like x 1
  6. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I'd pat for these
    • Like x 6
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Simply put mundane hero outfits(Firefighter/Police Officer/EMT/FBI/CSI/ect...) would have been better as starting gear that you could walk off the braniac ship with for no additional charge...
    • Like x 3
  8. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Sorry PS3 can handly that.
    That just playing fav.
  9. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

No offense but I'll believe a actual Dev over a random forum poster who i have never seen before the extreme majority of the time...

On top of that your spelling and grammar doesn't exactly help with your creditability when compared to a Dev's. Don't get me wrong, I actually detest grammar n@zis and spelling n@zis but the fact remains if your going to make such a bold claim then your going to want every bit of creditability you can get too do it with. And your not exactly shining in that department.

Again no offense intended, I'm merely giving you my honest opinion of how your post comes off too me.
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Recent MP purchaes...

Respect Power Tokesn: 8 in the past 3 months
    Movement Mode Respect: 3 in the past 3 months and another one on the way
    Replay Badges: Used to increase SP on new Alt - waste of money as SP no longer matter (LOL)
    Weapon Styles: Bought Digital Style for Gadget toon that was changed to Quantum
    Other Styles: When they were on sale
    Inventory Slots: Need more space
    Bank Slots: Need more space
    Broker Slots: Have plenty of crap to sell
    Booster Bundles: Spent about $100

As for replays, I use what I have first on buying feats. Second, I replay alerts or raids for league mates that just ran content but are willing to run it again if I ask them to play a specific role, usually the tanks.

I am done buying replays as they add no value to the game for me. I do enjoy changing powers and movement mode on occasion but for $10 I try not to change it all that often. If the respects were say, $5 I would buy 10 at once and go from there.

I would buy more styles if they would fit a specific look, such as a Wizard, Warrior or Rogue type look from classic RPG games; other future styles as well. But as long as the full suit is only $5 or less.

Aura's; I have bought 2 in the past and would definitely buy a RARE type of Aura at $20 if I can apply it to all of my toons. I'm not talking about the OG Nimbus, Smoke, etc...I'm talking about adding new RARE type of Auras such as Purple Plasmic, etc...The new MP RARE auras will only be colors that were not released through the Booster Bundle. So, we have a Blue Plasmic (which look dark blue if you ask me), this would allow the developers to create a Light Blue Plasmic. The Blue Nimbus looks like a standard Blue, so the developers could add Dark Blue Nimbus to the MP. This would expand the RARE AURAS but these new RARE AURA colors would only be available in the MP; at $20 to use on all toons, I'm sure you will see those go quick. .

Those are some of my ideas...
    • Like x 1
  11. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Different base/lair layouts
    NPC characters for base
    Styles
    More Inventory and Bank slots
  12. kingmasternova Loyal Player

The spelling & grammar part you should have left that part out of you comment.

Also yea you don't know me so you have the right to not believe me.

And so for the knowing of if ps3 can hold the data I do make and/or fix computers.
    I also so make my own games as well.

I even copy games that like dc & have a priv. server for games I make like dcuo is 1 of many.
    That why I do know ps3 can handle it.
  13. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Take the total number of current deco slots, the most complicated resource heavy decoration item in game (especially something with a particle effect), fill every dec slot for wall/floor/ceiling that meets that criteria. Is PS3 still happy? I doubt my PC would be quiet under the strain of that, and it's certainly more powerful than a PS3.

As things stand I'd imagine PS3 wouldn't run well under that load, but it would survive. How many more items/objects can you add to that load before it crashes or overheats (I had at least 5 PS2s die on me back when I worked at Acclaim in 2001/2002, load game up, go home for the day, come back in the morning, check if brick).

It's not about what they theoretically can handle, it's what won't cause some to turn into black bricks, or leave players unable to enter/use their house due to DPS dropping so low they can't realistically do anything (especially because Sony have certain criteria on how games need to perform, or they did back then, I'm not sure how this relates to games that have updates, or if the rules have been relaxed since).

Long story short, when a dev says PS3 can't handle it, they probably don't mean it would crash under the load just that... bad things. Developers don't want their customers to have their consoles turn to bricks.

Either way, none of this relates to the marketplace, or what we'd like to see sold there that we'd be willing to buy.
    • Like x 1
  14. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

15. Nightscale New Player

I would definitely want these, considering that my main is supposed to be more beast than man (a freaking raptor/gecko, to be exact), but those bestial styles seem absent in Heroes...

As I said before, I would definitely like these, including a "permanent" sidekick. Perhaps we could do some full blown customization, with a backstory, relationship, power, and appearance. Go wild, everyone.
    The Freeform character-slot was something that was introduced in Champions Online, which allowed you to mix and match powers based on what was already in-game. Some powers available were only accessible via Freeform, so that might be an issue. Perhaps there could be some template powers that can be customized appearance-wise, but give a slightly modifiable function. Godzilla Breath, anyone?
  16. Red Templar Dedicated Player

You know what opens my wallet? Good styles and mini pets.

I want to give Daybreak money, I really do, but I need a reason.

Auras, I spent $60 on booster boxes, just to get the new auras, then bought the couple I was missing off the Broker.

Replay badges don't do it for me. I know some people are all about them, but I have over 5000 now and they just sit there and maybe get used once in a great while, or to unlock feats on alts.

I want to buy things for no other reason that sheer vanity. I farmed the Catwoman's solo over and over again, just for the goggles. I can't stand the instance really, but the goggles made it all worth while when they dropped. Sell me things like that. A belt with a lasso on it like Wonder Woman's, or a set based on CW's Arrow. Put some bombshell styles on the MP for a limited time with the DLC, and I will crawl over other people to get them.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

DC bases styles
    New hairstyles/skins
    New weapon styles
  18. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I couldn't think of much but i'd maybe buy

1) a trinket that summons a health barrel into your hands
    2) a trinket that summons a sparring target wherever you are
    3) a device that is used to summon the "Justice League" to aid you in battle.... (ok this one is a joke, but i would like to see the 1st 2 added)
    • Like x 1
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

With you on the power skins... Even if the light skins can't change color we could at least give them some alternate themed constructs...

As for Gadgets: I'd like some color variations(Red, Green, Sickly yellow, alternate battle drone and suppressor turret skins)
    • Like x 2
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

Heck one of my biggest disappointments with lair PvP was the complete absence of being able to place healing barrels and other interactive objects into them... I'd love to be able to install a PvP turret into my lair, as well as bounce pads for jumping between floors... (My other major disappointment with lair PvP is that rounds end when your partner goes down as opposed to the total elimination of the opposing team... That and no variation between lair layouts because apparently it would be too much work due to the integrated cut-scenes)
    • Like x 2