Exceptional Recovery Kits were nerfed.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reformed, May 30, 2015.

1. Reformed New Player

I have been recovering old mods recently and noticed that I've been getting 12 bytes back a lot more than I used to. So, I decided to go on the test server and recover 1,000 mods and record my data.

I don't have my old data on the recovery spread for T6 mods, but it resembles the (before) charts. The data I collected today is reflected in the (after) charts. Since I don't know when the change was made, I decided not to place any speculation on which update or hotfix the nerf occurred.

[IMG]
    • Like x 13
  2. SnowStar Committed Player

I commend your evidence gathering and charting
    • Like x 7
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Total Recovery Kits is a lucrative business
    • Like x 7
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I stopped cafting/using recovery Kits a long time ago since it always seemed like I had 90% chance to get the minimum.... and about .5% chance to get the Max.

So I stopped using them kit and started using the Sythetic Mods instead.

Now with the new price on mods.... not sure what I will do. :(
    • Like x 4
  5. BaddWulf Well-Known Player

Very nice op. I guess that was not included in the path notes....how shocking!?
    • Like x 3
  6. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Quick let this thread die before the fan boys tell u to take ur tinfoil hat off.
    • Like x 2
  7. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

It's very unfortunate that this is true.

If they are willing to nerf Recovery Kits for money, why is it so hard for people to believe they'd play with powers for respec sales????
    • Like x 3
  8. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I’ve generally been getting slightly (2-4 more) more than the 66% floor from Exceptional Recovery Kits lately but I would chalk that more up to me being lucky than evidence that they haven’t been nerfed.

That said, I do wholeheartedly believe that they’ve been nerfed from a drop standpoint as they rarely drop anywhere but T5 content, specifically Origin Crisis content, and while I understand that content was released when Exceptionals where introduced, the fact that they dropped at an ridiculously low rate in T6 content and that trend has continued into T7 is troubling, especially when you factor in how it coincides with the introduction of Total Recovery Kits in the Marketplace.
    • Like x 3
  9. Alienz New Player

I myself NEVER had an exceptionnal recovery kit yield me more than 12 exos back on T6 +exp anyway.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Never seen it give me back more than 12 anyway. I use the recovery kit VII, they give back 14 minimum for me.
  11. Reformed New Player

Thank you.
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I bet their percentages weren't updated for the new amounts of 21.
    • Like x 1
  13. FreePom New Player

it must be my lucky day!! i recovered 10 vi expert mods and got 16-18 bytes back all 10x!! i used all exceptionals too!! time to go buy a lottery lol
  14. nogimmick New Player

excep kits are for suckas and shmucks.

#TotalRecoveryKitsFTW