any word on what #unitethestyles meant?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by just an honest dps, May 30, 2015.

1. ChuckLess New Player

I also want to add, that with the move to a single Mark system, having to unlock styles on an alt in order to obtain them on an opposing faction character would take damn near forever. So, I really hope they don't do that. I didn't think about that till now.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I've been waiting for a faction respec token, but I know they will find some way to rob us of feats if they ever did them. But hopefully with this sharing faction style thing, they will do a faction token too and we wont suffer from the faction to faction feat loss aside from maybe like beat hal jordan or beat sinestro type feats.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea its taking me for ever to get the rest of my rare styles which I have nearly a full set + 2-3 pieces of another before I even start on the raid set and finish up the vendor set of T7.

wanna get my mental troll to CR118 of both roles before I stop with gearing up 1st though lol
    • Like x 1
  4. just an honest dps New Player

i never said it was sudden nor did i imply that it was sudden. i always felt the lore should be respected. you're staring at the screen too hard kid.
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

now now you are both pretty :rolleyes:
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Let's try again since you seem to be working very hard to miss the point.... "grand-pa".

You said you did not want to see Heroes as Sinestro or Kalibak.

But you can see Heroes as Kalibak RIGHT NOW!! thanks to the Chest of the First Born.
    So it is a little too late to complain about this NOW.

Already Heroes can look like Villains..... and Villains can look like Heroes.
    So adding the crossfaction styles will not matter since it can already happen if players want to.

Heck using the Zoom T-Shirt... a Hero can make a Reverse Flash toon.

The same Zoom T-shirt you pretended in another thread that you did not get from the Vault.
    The same Vault you pretended to have never run.... even if it was quite simply a lie
    since you have to run the Vault as you level up your character.

Maybe you should change your name to "Just a dishonest DPS"?? or "Just a Liar Liar pants on fire DPS"??

Either would suit you just fine it seems. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Awww.... you are too sweet.... you will make me blush. ;)
  8. just an honest dps New Player

i always complained about it so no i'm not too late. and i didn't run the vault. never have. never will.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Show us the threads where you complained about it last week.
    Last month.
    6 months ago???

As for the Vault.... again with that lie???

A) You cannot have the Zoom T-Shirt if you did not run the vault.

B) You cannot level up your character without doing the Vault Ambush quest.

Not sure why you insist on lying about this.
    Not sure what you hope to gain by lying about never doing the Vault.

But it IS a lie nonetheless.

:rolleyes:
  10. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Sounds interesting but if we’re “uniting the styles” for Heroes and Villains, how ‘bout we unit the styles for roles as well and introduce the less than handful of styles that’re role specific and of course the T3 Iconic armors for those of us who would rather not switch powers/classes simply for the sake of a couple of feats.

PS: If this does happen, please try not to exploit the community by having absurd prices for the opposite faction gear, don’t forget any of the faction specific styles at launch, and add the opposite faction vault styles to the Vault as well as the PVP style venders.
    • Like x 1
  11. just an honest dps New Player

i don't have to complain about it on here to complain about it...i have a life

i'm not gaining anything and i'm not lying
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Will let you Troll someone else now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  13. just an honest dps New Player

yeah right. i am not even trolling you're just trying to get a rise out of me and it's not going to work.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You are working very hard to miss the point... so ... oh yes... you are Trolling.

And you cannot level up a character without doing the Vault Ambush mission..... or get the Zoom T-Shirt without running the Vault.....
    So again..... oh yes.... you are lying.

But you know that already..... so keep on Trolling. :rolleyes:
  15. just an honest dps New Player

you didnt need to do that mission to level up when i created my character so you're wrong.
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this... I play both heroes AND villains. I know for a fact that most of you have taken your characters through more content than I have, because I don't have as much free time to spend playing the game as some of you do. But so far, I've NEVER been given missions on the Hero Side where the mission objectives call for taking out POLICE OFFICERS, or bribing them to work for a crime boss, or blowing up Police vehicles, or freeing minions from Police Paddy Wagons... Need I go on? There ARE differences to the Villain content, if one pays enough attention. ;)
    I'm sooo glad you mentioned "respecting the lore". Let me talk to you about why I want the styles united. You see, awhile back, I decided that one of my characters was going to be my recreation of one of my favorite Green Lanterns, Stel of Grenda, the sentient robot from Sector 3009. Here's how Stel currently looks in the comics (as realized by Mattel as part of their DC Universe Classics line):

[IMG]

Using that figure as my guide to how he should look, I went through all of the styles in the DCUO Wikia to ID what costume styles I needed. And do you know what I discovered?

I discovered that there IS a Chest Style that looks very close to the appearance of his torso in the comics. Here it is:

[IMG]

It's called Hijacked Servitor and it's for Villains Only! :mad:

But wait, there's more! In trying to find a Leg Style, I also found one I liked, nice and robotic, and the closest thing I could find to the legs Stel actually has in the comics. Here's that style:

[IMG]

Those are the Metallo's Maw Legs. Yep, you guessed it: Villains Only! :mad:

See, I have a very simple desire: When I set out to create a character, there's almost always a specific look, a certain outfit, that I need to recreate to make that character. And I want my character to look the way he or she should. IF my Hero needs "Villain Only" Styles to look the way he should, then he needs to have access to those styles. Period. And the same is true the other way around. If I create a villain, but to look right, he requires a "Hero Only" Style, he should have access to it. End of story.

It's obvious that enough people think the way I do, that now the Devs are going to give us what we want. And I can't wait to finally have certain characters I've made finally looking the way they were intended to look when I created them! ;)
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Im sorry but me as a villain only player beating on cops ect was NOT fun

IMO they skimped on the villain side. If anything I felt like a crystal or robot sidekick to a earth player before the crystal/brick updates recently lol

idk I grew up watching / reading spiderman vs venom/carnage ect, the awesome-ness in those make this game look horrible from a villain perspective.
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I think DC has to shoulder a lot of the blame on that one, because they've restricted what Sony Online Entertainment/Daybreak Games is allowed to do with this game. It's their intention that Player Characters are a lower tier of heroes and villains, so the really cool super-villain shenanigans are going to be reserved for the main super-villains that actually appear in DC's comics. Basically, the Joker will always be allowed to do things in the game that Player Characters can't. And that's because that's how DC wants it.
  19. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Your Question: any word on what #unitethestyles meant?

My Answer: Nope
    • Like x 1
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I mean I know the iconics are stronger or w/e then us or so their suppose to be as far as the story goes. So they should be able to do more things then us like sinestro summoning HL pet constructs but HL players cant for example lol