Buying styles on alts with replays

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Okay, I disagree with this idea, and let me tell you why.

1. We have replays, already. That means that our alts do not need to run a lot of content, already. They can skip feats and just go for the gear. This means less time played, which means less people in queue.

2. Styles are aesthetic only. If you got the feat for a style already, pay for the feat. If you care about the style for real, run the content and help others with the queues.

3. You are basically making it so that if you have money, you can have everything in the game, with little work, on all characters. What is the point of playing the game? If you already have all styles, all feats, and are max in tier on your main. Why even have an alt?

To put it in a summary. We already get feats with replays. If you only care about the feat, buy it. If you want the style to, work for it. IF you don't have to work for it. Tell me, would you still play an alt?
    • Like x 1
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

What business of it of yours how others want their character to look? You want help in the queue, you shouldn't have asked for the Devs to look at ways to keep high players out and should have protested a lot more vehemently against the Relevant Content Marks idea. Between that and stat-flattening that bugged a lot of lower stuff is a big reason of why queue times have taken a hit (that and people just flat out leaving).
    • Like x 2
  3. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

You realize that you would have had to already earned all the styles legitly before you can unlock them on one of your other alts. This feature would only be usable by alts. If you didn't have alts then you wouldn't have access to this feature to begin with. Same exact concept as feat unlocking. Feat Unlocking is only usable by alts. Same exact deal as this feature. Only difference is your unlocking a style you have already earned instead of a feat you have already earned. To Be Honest I'm really thinking your misunderstanding the exact method were asking for in this thread. Did you fully read the opening post?
    • Like x 2
  4. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I honestly don't think she even understands exactly what were asking for. I think she might be misunderstanding it too think were asking too buy styles that we never earned legitly on any other toon.
  5. Marine Death Committed Player

Purely brilliant
    • Like x 2
  6. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Make it 10 victory marks, I don't want to spend my raid lockouts on this.
  7. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

See this seems like a better idea than the replays mainly due to the fact that style vendor 00 is there. 10 marks per iconic piece, 5 per other.

But I'm still a fan of replays
  8. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

I also fail to see how completing 10+ times the Centennial and other collections for certain style parts you already have on your main would help queue time.
    • Like x 4
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If you look at it from the Daybreak side... these all perfect reasons to monetize it as a convenience purchase. Assuming the UI is not a huge pain (which is why I thought a vendor is the best way). Many players won't run old content for a style when they have the feat - no matter what. Styles just aren't enough to pull players back into old content for an Alt. And, if 'account bound feats' was removed it would kill alts. Account bound feats pull players out of old content quicker - but it generates ton of alts in old content.

I just see account bound styles as natural progression and an easy money generator...
    Have it won't effect me queuing old content either way - I won't be there period.
    • Like x 3
  10. Laz523 Well-Known Player

If I already put in the work with my main why should I have to all over again with my alt? Yea there's certain feats I will not buy for my alts, styles being one cause when you buy it you can no longer view what is needed but as for all other feats if it's unlocked on my main best believe all my alts will have that feat also.
    • Like x 1
  11. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Same exact thing with me. I never unlock style feats no matter how much i want the feat points because if i do I'll lose my checklist :(
    • Like x 2
  12. Laz523 Well-Known Player

I made that mistake on my ice tank alt and regret doing so
  13. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Then why would you ever bother doing the content more than one time? What are you giving to the community? So what if you did it on your main. Grats. But your alt never earned it, and therefore has a reason to play it again. I don't think any of you understand what this would do to the game of alts. If I could get all the feats and the styles. How long do you really think I would stick out that alt?

You all want this game to be "But this with your credit card, and roll credits." I do not like everything being buy to win. I have hated replays for that reason, anyways. I will buy some feats that were near impossible, on an alt, but most they get to earn too.

Does WoW let you by styles for alts? Does SWTOR do it? Guild Wars? Who ever did this strange thing? If you see someone in high tier armor, you expect they earned it. Yes, T1 - 7 are styles too. And what about the vendor they already set up? If you want it that bad, forego the T7 for a week, and go buy them.
  14. Supergirly Dedicated Player

As an avid player in the Role Play community, I would have to disagree with you. We all have lots of alts and we do style hunts for any that need a style. We will work for a very long time for that specific style. You may not be a RPer, but trust me, I know what we do. So if we could buy them I know that a lot of RPers would never run content on an alt, ever again. That would hurt the game, cause there would be so few alts in content.

Be careful what you wish for. That is my only caution.
  15. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

It would be a little expensive to keep buying respec token and name change token to switch back and forth between character concepts.

The MMO you mention usually don't have styles in the way DCUO work, they are linked to the armors you're currently wearing (unless it has changed) for example you can't look naked while wearing the last armor of ZOMG doom of pwnage, as for the other look change features, of course they do let you buy them:

WOW:
    "An Appearance Change is a paid service that lets you change an existing character's gender, face, skin color, hair color, hair style, and name as desired.

After the appearance change is complete, a new button will appear in World of Warcraft that lets you change the character's features at your convenience. You do not have to change the appearance of the character immediately."

SWTOR:
    "Are you ready to give your character a new hairstyle or an updated wardrobe? Assemble the perfect new look for your character with the Appearance Designer Kiosk, the new Cathar playable species, and more in Game Update 2.1: Customization!

All of the new options are available for purchase in the Cartel Market with Cartel Coins.

Need Cartel Coins? Buy Now!"
  16. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

I WILL PAY MONEY $$$ TO GET THE ACTUAL STYLES, NOT JUST THE FEATS, ON MY SECOND MAIN!!!

just saying....
    • Like x 2
  17. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Though if you need to hunt the styles for your RP character concept to become effective that means you were not actually RPing your char until you got that style you were looking for; OR that your RP character concept is just being restricted by the default starting possibilities at creation instead of having the full possibilities of choice you've already unlocked with your main.
    • Like x 1
  18. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

You have a very unusual opinion on why people want alts. People want styles for their alts so they can START enjoying their alt's. I know countless people who don't make alt's because they refuse to spend years re-farming all there styles. If they could buy their styles for their alt then they would actually START making and/or enjoying their alt's...

Out of curiosity are you thinking the only point to alts is too get them too "look pretty" so you never have too touch them again?
    • Like x 2
  19. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Ii don't care if ur alt has 200 sp....if he looks like he just got off brainiac's ship, he's still unplayable...lol

Dcuoenthusiast 4 life
    • Like x 1
  20. Laz523 Well-Known Player

Do you buy feats for your alts? If so that means the same thing "your alt didn't earn it", and therefore if I had to choice of 1. buying said style from my main for my alt or 2. running the same content over, and over again which would I do? It's not like I'm going the gear just the style and btw I play each one of my 10 alts on a daily basis
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.