Biggest Issue with The Marketplace: It Doesn't Capitalize On The DC IP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TrueGODofMarvel, May 28, 2015.

1. Dezaras Loyal Player

I have an idea to link the #UniteTheStyles thing to the MP, and it doesn't involve selling opposing faction styles on the MP either.

More like Faction Style Tokens.

The tokens would be divided into tiers, only useable when a character has reached or passed a certain tier. Character bound, not account bound, maybe 500 DC per token.

A Tier 1 Faction Style Token would allow you to use your Marks Of Victory on the opposing faction's tier 1 styles. Yes you'd still need to spend MoV on them in game, for the usual 10 MoV per item. The token would just add the styles to your own faction's Vendor 00.

There would be a T2 token, T3, and so on.

I'd also suggest a Role Locked Style Token. This would enable us to purchase the styles that we can't obtain (T3 controller for example) without us having to respec to a different power, then respec back. I don't want to switch to a troll power, just to buy a style, then respec back to fire. However I'd be fine with dropping 500-1000 DC to acquire those styles.

And yeah, add actual styles into the MP too.
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No they are not bad..... but they have these weird textures that make them not quite as slick as the slimline styles.,,,, which barely shows on that image sadly. ;)

If we could have the Lantern styles without those textures??
    Or if we could have the slimlines suits with the Lantern symbols???

But that is justy being picky..... at least we do have the Lantern styles with the emblems.

Wish we had such styles with the batman symbol. ;)
    Right now we have to settle with the Batwoman T-Shirt. ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

This guy is speaking Brilliance. Pure Unfiltered Brilliance. DCUO Market guys should see this thread. THEY NEED IT...
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Last I knew our emblems would be sized up or down depending on the size and positioning of the "emblem" slot on the chest piece...
  5. Unida Dedicated Player

ok here's another one

iconic villains or heros to have imprisoned in your league hall jail area.......

I'd love to have like Joker, Lex, Grodd, etc in there, the npcs in there at the moment are ok - but make known npcs able to be placed in there at a $1 a pop and ill fill the cells in a heartbeat.

also

iconic characters resident in your base/league hall - reupping the LH mods, superman walks past says something corny like "I'm really impressed with the work you and your allies are doing in the fight against evil - keep up the good work!" etc

Spytle, that all sounds promising - more real DC is a good thing.
    • Like x 2
  6. Unida Dedicated Player

oh and i also wanted a large frame that you could (as league leader or base owner) upload a custom image into, i.e. league logo or motto etc
  7. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

While I would never be against a stronger DC presence in this game, we do have to understand that DC has final word on what can and will be introduced in DCUO and some of these ideas just won’t fly (no pun intended).

Personally, I would luv to see more generic styles like samurai, ninja, policeman, SWAT, football player, etc. added to the Marketplace.

In addition, it would be nice if the devs would revisit some of their existing game elements like Promethium Lockboxes which haven’t gotten any significant luv to way too long.

I’m hoping with the changes being made to how content is being released and the possibility of more synergy between DCUO and other DC media properties, that we’ll see more styles added to the game that’re DC related.
    • Like x 1
  8. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

And why limit themselves to just one universe. Look into the amalgam verse for styles aswell like storm wonder woman, super soldier, dark claw, white witch, dr. Strangefate, others like that. And iconic weapons like ww shield, or super soldier's house of el shield, joker's crowbar, huntress dual pistols.
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Swtor is making a killing off of their cartel market styles.
    • Like x 1
  10. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

In the short time since SOE became Daybreak one thing has definitely been made clear. SOE =/= Daybreak. Daybreak has already proven that the running of things is going to be very different then it used to be (and so far it seems to be different in very good ways)

As a perfect example. SOE Solution to imbalance = NERF EVERYTHING. DAYBREAK'S Solution to Imbalance = Buff Everything to Quantum's level...
    • Like x 1
  11. WayneEnthusiast New Player

I would be interested in purchasing iconic base items, like a batmobile replica, superman statue, batcave monitors, batman statue, iconic paintings, etc. I would buy all these base items asap. We already have Hades and Ares statues, so why not.
    • Like x 1
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

The problem there is that EVERY style is in those damn boxes. Somewhere between going full-****** like EAWare does and doing virtually nothing like DCUO, the truth lies.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Pretty sure they would need Marvel's approval for this.

So..... I doubt it would ever happen. :oops:
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I personally wouldn't hold my breath on Amalgam stuff appearing. That was a partnership between DC and Marvel and there hasn't been much of anything done involving those characters and their universe since the last series. To the best of my knowledge those characters weren't even used/mentioned in Convergence OR the Secret Wars stuff going on in the comics.

Marvel would probably have a say in Amalgam character use, and with Disney owning Marvel now, they've got some scary lawyers on their side. :eek:
  15. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Lets stick with Dc stuff before we try and do Marvel/DC stuff;)
  16. Juxes Committed Player

Added one more thing to your list ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Juxes Committed Player

I want a Lobo jacket. And not that fairy New 52 lobo that looks like it belongs in twilight. I want that metal hardcore gritty Lobo jacket. You grant me this I will buy you Taco bell.
  18. just an honest dps New Player

that is exactly what your idea is doing...-.-
  19. Cable Committed Player

Accurate and logical thread. This is one of those things that I really don't get about the limiting copyright status implemented on the game. I'd really like to see specifically what they can and can not do, and even more interestingly who it was that put those limitations in place (presumable Warner Brothers). You go to Six Flags or any comic book store for that matter and you can find endless amounts of merchandise. I would have thought more money for DCUO translates to more money for WB, but maybe I'm missing something about the way they're partnered.

Just to add to another reason lore-wise, why the options we have in relation to the source material should be vastly expanded, is that it's not as if each of these heroes don't have their own fanbase within the worlds that they exist. There are Superman fans in Metropolis, and Superman merchandise even within the comics. The DC heroes are mostly known to the general public so it doesn't seem all that strange that when that general public (our characters) become heroes of their own, that some would be wearing that merchandise, etc.
  20. TrueColors Well-Known Player

I am glad to hear that DC and DCUO are working through some things and breaking some shackles. Outside of the style MP items which we would all through money at, there are a few other things where I think DCUO falls on the "it doesn't sell well" vs. maybe tweaking or trying something new.

Lair bases - Penthouse being my example. No windows. I get that you want to give us wall space for things, but I bought the penthouse, I want windows and skyline views, I would sacrifice the wall space for that.

Lair base layouts - It would of been great if you offered different layouts, instead of the same 3 tiers view for all looks with different skins. I give you some benefit of the doubt because of the PS3 capabilities, but I also feel you didn't see sales you wanted and gave up.

For almost every DLC you could of done a specific lair base layout for us to purchase. Giving us a variety of views and looks to pick from.