Water power coming

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by same Johnny, May 29, 2015.

1. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

A good amount of people asked for Water.

Quite sure more then Serums, but not quite as much as Atomic.

Still happy all the above are in progress nonetheless.
  2. VintageWine Dedicated Player

For example, the summer event and the style

[IMG]

It would be nice to have more styles like that, that goes along with the power or maybe I'm just asking for too much? :oops:
    • Like x 2
  3. Van_Gho Committed Player

As an electric player, I HOPE, Water and electric can play off of each other
    • Like x 5
  4. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

YES!!!!! I've wanted water for a long time!
  5. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

It would make sense for it to be hybrid based as Celestial/Sorcery.. only this would take hybrid to the next level
    (I agree on the damage part of what you're saying :))

The blunt trauma water can cause at high speed or substantial mass can be traumatic.
    After all water is a dominant element. (Ooo, maybe dominance can actually matter to water!!)
    you already know it has to be a strong damage power.
    • Like x 1
  6. Veritech Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  7. Kreachure Committed Player

Sadly blue lanterns probably won't happen because of the villain side... Unless they make a counterpart like.. say... Orange?

Now on the topic at hand: Water

This power is long overdue.
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

I'd like to see Atomic as Tank for sure.
    I know some people have been asking for Water powers for a long time. Would be neat to see them bring it in now and make it work.
  9. Benn 10 Committed Player

This would be interesting, I was lost on how they would make serums work in the first place. Water just makes sense as a healer power to me.
  10. Proto1118 Committed Player

Nice but I probably won't be around when it releases.
    • Like x 2
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Finally tanks can have a godlike power to choose from.

Healers: Magic and powers of the source basically

Trollers : time and space

Tanks: the most powerful we got lore wise was rage but that's wasn't as strong quantum or celestial in the context of being a super power. It's like whybcall a lantern when captain atom and the specter are not written as jobbers lol. At least with firestorm inspired powers tanks have entered into that tier of super powers that should alsways win in a story but somehow job to lesser beings.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Concept material...
    • Like x 36
  13. BaddWulf Well-Known Player

Same here. But smart business decision considering what direction Dcuo is going.
  14. Benn 10 Committed Player

I just want to know if we are being trolled. Lol
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Does this change affect the the time table of the release of powers ? In the past it coincided with a dlc so I suppose now it will follow a similar time table give or take a few weeks.

I am also curious what led to this decision. Will serums still be serums or will it evolve into something else ?.
  16. just an honest dps New Player

ice and water are not the same thing.
    • Like x 2
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Atomic is going to be more about restructuring atoms at the atomic level. I gather it made more sense for them to go with taking restructuring yourself and dps disintergrating your enemies.
    • Like x 1
  18. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I so wish they did this. To be honest I wasn't thrilled with serums but I would love a Water power.
  19. Blackz Star Level 30

Does this mean that the tank power will still come next or will it go back to healer?
  20. Circe New Player

I'd love Water powers more than Atomic and Serums, but I don't think it's fair for the people who were looking forward to these powers.
    • Like x 2