am I the only one

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, May 28, 2015.

1. Supergirly Dedicated Player

You need help, if you find fun in ruining another player's game.
    • Like x 1
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I do it only in pvp phase though. Assemble a team in pvp and assist my iconic ally because 8on1 isnt fair. There should be something to turn your pvp flag on in those bounty zones. Just like they do with diamond heist. Things like that would be simple ways to improve Open world pvp
  3. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Oh gosh! That was how PvP in SWG worked - so SOE does not only know that mechanic, they used it - that were so great times. They called the system TEF (temporary enemy flag) and it had a sort of cooldown of its own; once you stopped aiding your faction or fighting opposing faction forces, your status cleared back to "covered operative" after some minutes. It was so awesome and a great tool to grief players of your own faction :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Karnevil Committed Player

so in a game about heroes and villians it is against the rules to help out your factions NPCs? That doesn't sound right.
    • Like x 1
  5. Marine Death Committed Player

Exactly

If this is a reportable offense then why not merge all factions. Please note I'm being sarcastic.

If a hero can't be a hero and villain can't be a villain then this game is doomed.
  6. LanceCucumber Active Player

I had something similar happen to me the other day. I didnt really think it was griefing, more of the closest thing I have seen to actual RP'ing. Hero's camping the level 20'ish lantern stuff by city hall in Metropolis healing all the lanterns.

I agree PVP phase should be set to on to make it fair. Alternatively they could just make it where if you involve yourself in an on-going quest or bounty your pvp phase is automatically activated.
  7. HellsTank New Player

Had a group of villains do just this to me last week on the ngn bounty. Aggravated me a bit. But did I report them? NOPE! I called in the league to help overwhelm the heals.

The whole time I was laughing at them. They were trying to call up their own bounty, but by healing ours, they blocked their own for quite a few cycles. I watched the lights go on and off several times. lol
  8. HellsTank New Player

Uh...If I'm not mistaken (which I very well may be) that's where their mission is as well. They are required to keep certain lanterns alive from their faction, as are you. But sometimes you do get a tailhole doing it just for his own amusement.
  9. LanceCucumber Active Player

I know they have their mission in that area as well, and I believe they are both basically the same.I was doing the one where I had to revive and then keep the Sinestro core alive. They were not picking up any of the lanterns, and then keeping them alive, they were just healing the ones I was trying to kill.

They were just healing. I didnt really care, and I actually liked the extra challenge.
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Nope villian
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But if makes me enjoy the game. Why would I need help
  12. Supergirly Dedicated Player

If you do not know the answer to that, get help.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eminence Dedicated Player

Few people in my league and I did this and waited for the heroes to flag up, Good times :)
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So having fun means I need help?
  15. Supergirly Dedicated Player

No, but having fun by griefing others is wrong. I would report you in a second.
    • Like x 1
  16. Malachyte Devoted Player

Hi Supergirly,

"You need help, if you find fun in ruining another player's game."

I see what you are getting at, but if they are Villains then yes they should have fun ruining/interfering with another player's game if they are doing it to Heroes and vice-versa, Heroes should be able to interfere and stop Villains, I see absolutely no issue with that.

My only caveat is that if you do interfere, your PVP flag should toggle to on and allow that opposing faction to engage you then, that is fair.

P.S. for full disclosure I have been known to take and smash the barrels in Robinson Park when the Villains were running the Seeds of Rot Operation....lol
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well off the top of my head aside from being a total PITA exactly what does your toon get for this? No armor drop? No Marks? No recipe or any type of salvage at all right? So basically the only reason its being done is to keep someone else from accomplishing their goals and enjoy the game they probably are paying to play (one way of the other). So to avoid being censored I will quote Howard Wolowitz.. "You were being a total dictator" For those not into The Big Bang Theory a portion of one of the words in that quote was added to make it PG. LOL

Now let's look at it from the OTHER side. IF a group of heroes (assuming the original offender was a villain) showed up and did the same thing to that same guy while HE was trying to defeat an NPC bounty and get the marks and rewards associated with it. Would he find it just as humorous as he did when he was the one being a jerk?

I have personally had things similar to this happen to me on occasion. In the Wastelands I have had players pull mobs over to watch my character die presumably for a chuckle. The thing is when a CR 108 TROLL is doing daily mission in there (back pre GU 47) for some MOT to keep lair slots open that mob winds up stunned, hanging in mid air, and shot to pieces and I may have taken 15-20% damage to my health. Must have been SO disappointing for them when it didn't WORK. Now going back to what I asked earlier. this was in a PVE phase so even if I'd died they wouldn't have gotten any credit for it.. Not even sure they would have in PVP if the mob killed me instead of one of them.. So their motivation for doing what they did was????? "I like being a total jerk"? There are times when this game can get to be a total grind .. and that's usually when I log out and relax for a while.. and it's that way for everyone so WHY do something to some one to make their life miserable when it doesn't help you in any way and if someone did it to you you'd be furious?

Because this game has a number of players that don't care about anyone or anything but themselves and unless it happens to THEM its funny. Yeah that's about a 9-10 year old male mentality
    • Like x 1
  18. Malachyte Devoted Player

"Well off the top of my head aside from being a total PITA exactly what does your toon get for this? No armor drop? No Marks? No recipe or any type of salvage at all right? So basically the only reason its being done is to keep someone else from accomplishing their goals and enjoy the game they probably are paying to play (one way of the other). "

Yes - Villains hate Heroes, Heroes are bound to stop Villains, why is that a stretch ?? Is it a jerk move ?? Yes, but Villains are jerks and Heroes are bound to stop Villainous activity.

Are cops jerks for stopping people from robbing banks, or other evil deeds ?? If you see a big bad *** attacking a person on your side and you interfere are you a jerk ??
    As a Villain, aren't you supposed to do evil/bad deeds ?? if not, then why be a Villain ??
  19. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I fully agree with you. If you flag when it happens, then you can be part of the encounter. That is a fully different thing. I know that other games make it so if you heal someone that is PVP flagged, you will become a target. That is PVP, not griefing. No risk, no reward.

What the OP does right now, is griefing, not PVP. And that is a reportable offense.
  20. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Be a jerk, but be flagged, if you are. Now, it is fair, and they can consider you an added mob to burn down.
    • Like x 2