My Last Post

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Mia Skye, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

Dear everyone,

After a long night and day that I have gone through debating and rebating with myself. Having a lot of tears thinking about what decision I was making, I have decided that this will be my last post on these forums. I have been defending SOE for the past couple of month trying to say that there are reasons why we aren't getting content and why things aren't getting fixed, but enough is enough for me. I can only take it so much before even I can't believe the arguments I make for defending them. I have had a hard time logging in for my escape from real life when I usually log out more frustrated than when I started.

March 13th marks ONE YEAR since we have received any new significant content. When I said we have received none the only thing someone said in return was the Steelworks instance was new. That is one small room. How long does that actually take to make and code? How much does that actually cost to do? The Ops were the same way, we had one new small room that was used for all the instances, and then just put new bosses in an open area. Then they introduced the Runes of the Norsemen set to keep people to rerun these instances. It would be nice if random was truly random.

The RNG in this game I believe to be rigged. I say this based on a lot of things I have observed in the game. If you get a group of four people and queue up for every alert then you should be getting queued into a nice mixture of alerts. Ethosense, a great friend on mine hated when we would do this because almost anytime it was queued you would get onto Star Labs instance. This could just be bad luck, but we would end up running the FFtL DLC instances before we would get into any other alerts almost every time we would do this. The other thing is that the people who have a lower CR have a higher chance to get items. Why is this? Because the people who are CR88 need reasons to keep playing the game, and by making their chances to get the best gear lower they will keep playing to get the best gear.

At one time I was thinking about going and trying to get the Runes of the Norsemen gear for the 20ish more dominance it would provide just because it was something to do. When Home Turf came out I spent my time decorating because it was something to do. I would run the T4 dailies every day because it was something to do. The thing I realized after a rough night is that there are other things to do. I barely have time to play video games because of University, and it started to get boring logging in to do the same thing every day. Logging in became a grind.

DLC 7 will see the release of NEW content after about 16 months we will finally see new content. But with this we will also see reuse of content to make it seem like the DLC is longer, we may see 2 new raids a new alert maybe. We will also see the release of level 5 for the mainframe. Why do you think there is pieces of armor that doesn't have mods? Because they will be the level 5 mods. These mods will cost 5-8000 MoT(Marks of Triumph) just to make sure players are running the old content and doing the same things; treating this game like a job. Pay your rent, go to work to get money for your rent.

The devs are playing favorites with this game, the devs obviously like the controlling powers, and don't like the tanking powers. Gadgets and HL are the best dps, both controller powers. Since day one the devs have been trying to get rid of tanks. GU9, an update the devs still stand by, saw the end to tanks for several weeks with the tank buff. Tanks are still useless in alerts, and now FIRE TANKS AND FIRE DPS CANNOT RUN TOGETHER. They are making powers useless or unable to run together. Fire and Ice were supposedly updated, yet they got a couple new animations to look prettier, and were just rushed. Instead of listening to the community base that was on the test server and supposedly the beta testers for the content who all were in agreement that fire and ice needed to be delayed yet the devs still released it. Why have the community test if you aren't going to listen?

Then because these players were upset they weren't listened to the executive producer makes a letter that tries to push the blame away by making excuses and saying that next time lets see what happens maybe it will be better. If the community strongly hates something it probably means that there is something wrong, just admit you made a mistake. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, just own up to it and say we will do better.

I will probably think of other things to add after I submit this so I may edit this in the future. I am not doing pink this time because pink is for when I am in a better mood. This is how I am feeling tonight: Click Here

This is also an apology to all my friends that I have made in this game. I enjoyed the social aspect of this game a lot, but at the same time that isn't enough for me to log in anymore and be miserable playing a game that I just can't get into. I am sorry I am leaving seemingly suddenly, I have felt this has been coming for a long time though. I got two hours of sleep since I was debating all of this.

Thank you to everyone and especially my friends.
    Goodbye,
    Mia skye

P.S. Cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I meow meow meow, and I meow meow meow.

P.P.S. Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow BAT-CAT!!!!
    • Like x 5
  2. Evie Syrena New Player

That was beautiful, Mia. And with this, I'm out too.
    • Like x 1
  3. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Why can't people leave gracefully without the QQ? No offence, but that was very long winded and pointless. No one is going to address issues that someone that no longer plays has. I get people being not happy with change. People hate change. In a game like this, its all about adapting. And I get wanting to say goodbye. But I'm positive a few people leaving will not hurt the game. 5 new people will start playing in your place. And more then half the time, those that leave, come right back. Good luck to you.
    • Like x 6
  4. LL New Player

This was such a joke...the devs love trollers...lol

Most of them play tank...lol

I also tuned out after awhile...

Take care...:)
    • Like x 1
  5. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I liked your post, Mia, for the "Cat, I'm a kitty cat".

I love that song. Barely got to know you, but going to miss you on the forums. Come by the pic thread here and there, okay?
  6. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

This was not meant to be a QQ post at all, and it is far from pointless. Because of time-zones and different playtimes I can't tell everyone that I talk to in game and on forums and consider my friends that I am quitting the game. I do not want to simply disappear without giving them a goodbye message explaining why I am leaving and letting them know I still care about their friendship. Instead of trusting in a couple of people to play a game of telephone and give a message to everyone, which not everyone will get and won't be the same as if it came from me, I decided to do it this way. Now the people who see this can send this link to the people who wonder where I am and then all my friends can get a goodbye message from me in my own words. This was meant to be more sincere way to leave rather than just disappearing and all my friends worrying about me.
    • Like x 1
  7. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Oh that's a lie. You could have done this without 9 paragraphs of talking about whats broken in your eyes.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

What purpose would I have to lie? When I told a couple people this morning that it was my last time logging into the game they all kept asking me why. So I decided I was going to write a letter to people explaining why so all my friends would get the truth from me instead of having to hear it word of mouth. It was suppose to be a nice way to leave, I have had friends who just stopped playing the game and I still worry about them because I don't know if they are okay or not, I didn't want to do the same thing.
    • Like x 1
  9. Evie Syrena New Player

Starting drama on a wonderfully written goodbye note for her friends. How considerate of you!
    • Like x 1
  10. Enickma Dedicated Player

Guys, if you have a problem with what Mia is saying, don't post in here. It's that simple.

Mia, I will miss you. I hope you come back someday.
    • Like x 3
  11. LL New Player

Wait u said goodbye, yet now ur back answering...lol

It takes all kinds really....lol
  12. SlayingDaimon New Player

Well best of luck to both of you.
  13. LL New Player

She made it public, she could of just sent this to whoever in a pm...
    • Like x 2
  14. Enickma Dedicated Player

You could have also not started a little fight over something that didn't really concern you. I guess that would have been too hard for you, though...
  15. LL New Player

Did not know I was fighting?

Just because I disagree, does not mean I'm fighting.
  16. LL New Player

Wow enraptured by it....lol....lol...lol

Really? lol
    Wow she is Shakespeare, now...lol
  17. Enickma Dedicated Player

There must be someone forcing all these people to respond negatively at gunpoint...
    • Like x 1
  18. LL New Player

Wow true, u don't want in on this?
  19. Evie Syrena New Player

It's called use of vocabulary. Adds flavor to text. Anyways, this is just another reason why I'm leaving. Some members of the community are rather distasteful. Bye Enickma, have fun, kay?
    • Like x 1
  20. PurpCity New Player

In all honesty I don't know Mia but I read her earth guide and do appreciate the work she put into the game but the result of posting threads like this is always the same.
    There is actually an option to start a "conversation" (which replaced the old pm'ing) that allows you to write up to 5 people at one time. Maybe going into the future we should consider putting that more to use when it comes to keeping personal discussions well.. personal.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.