Faction specific styles unlocking?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pingvinozavr, May 5, 2015.

1. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Superman is gonna love it to DEATH

His shoulders are my favorite style for villians.
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

what about ending factions? they are villains so the population gets huge again and they pull a fast one. factions again. easy to undo.

option 2. put open world boss builders. villains can complete open world missions. completing them builds base and league and even if gone unstopped long enough watchtower invading bosses. people generally spend time in the open world area's fighting opposing faction members.

special option booses they could build could be instance invading bosses. yea it would stink having throne ruined by a boss that invaded but what an added element. when the boss invaded the group would be able to kill them. might wipe a time or two but how did the villains get that many booses built to be able to invade a raid? accomplishing this could be set at a mark that shuold be about impossible.

b4 anyone complains about our instances being wrecked well yes it will. that is the point and the draw to pull people to the villains side. the oppertunity to wreck havok upon the dcuo community. everyone seems to enjoy when MEPPS spawns bosses in the watchtower and myself as so many was a bit envious of the guy who had doomsday spawned in his base. not sure what happened, i have little 2nd hand information on the base thing. any way you cut it sooner than later as heroes we would have incentive to stop the open world villains building said bosses. i know wont happen but man beating down villains stopping them from building a watchtower wrecker would be fun
  3. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I bet! lol

Try to pair Metallo's Maw head and back piece with Mr. Freeze (I don't remember the name of the style) shoulders, legs and chest. Hands and feets from the Hacked Servitor suit. It looks even meaner, especially on a Brute body type. Great combination of styles for evil tech fighters.
    • Like x 1
  4. NaumNML New Player

5. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I will for sure quit the game if they get rid of factions. The reason I bought the game to begin with was because I could be a villain.
    • Like x 1
  6. true New Player

Making me Excited
    -MORE FEATS

Making me Hopeful
    -The Idea of adding the hero styles to Vender 22
    -Or letting me into the watchtower to buy burning wings myself...

Making me Concerned
    -The idea of adding the hero PVP styles to the pvp vender so I would have to pvp for them

Making me mad
    -The idea of Making me have to run stuff with Heroes (hate that bunch of immature....)
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I really love the idea of being able to achieve the styles of the villains! I even leave aside the feats only to have only the styles!
    I believe that the feats are something the villains! And the only thing we can get are the clothes!
    • Like x 1
  8. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Technically it is on 6 sets(villains got 5 sets with "Z") - 4 T3 sets, Superman T2 set and Steel T1 set. Even though it is the most common emblem among all iconic sets it is off course not a half of 21 faction-specific non-dlc sets(including T3 sets) not to mention dlc ones.
    • Like x 2
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I never understood this logic at all. If I like a style then I obviously want it for my main character or a specific character it's themed for. Therefore I'm not going to make another character just to say I can wear it.

I love Blue Lanterns. But there's no way I'm making a hero alt just so I can say I own the style.

This will have no effect on the villains population whatsoever.
    • Like x 8
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

Well it might have an effect on the growth... (If all styles are obtainable by all factions, then that won't be a factor in choosing a what faction best fits your character concept anymore, and players might just choose to make a "hero" for ease of leveling as opposed to actually wanting to play a villain.(Since they could just pretend to be a villain anyways in their own personal Roleplay.)
  11. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Give me a faction re-spec token and I'd happily switch. Currently I'm tied to heroes due to Anne having all the cool toys (such as various lairs, lair items purchased from the marketplace....and the smoke aura).

Seriously, there should be more of an incentive to go dark than styles.
  12. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

The problem between villain and hero of this game is not in the style of their gear! But unfortunately the lack of content and overall lack of focus on these two factions!
    There is no exclusive stories focused on each faction, not even a direct confrontation between villains and heroes!
    So just limit the styles is not enough! And it will not help the game as a whole ...
    • Like x 2
  14. Minnion Devoted Player

Maybe with the new content structure we can get DLCs that focus on a story/content for one faction or the other?
  15. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I really hope! Because the way that it does not see a promising future! Mainly for the villains! And to think that the initial story before the level 30 villains are much more fun than the heroes ... After level 30 is all the same ...:(
  16. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Don't forget the Steel Set in the Tech wing. That's 5 so far........
    • Like x 3
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Alongside the two reasons you already stated (well, except maybe the pug part - I would edit that to say that my experience of the villain side has always been much more pleasant than the hero side in general, not just pugs) I much prefer the villain content. While we may not still get instances that are different to heroes, I do prefer the villain iconic interactions to the hero ones. I love me some sassy Circe complaining about Ares playing with his sword too much.
    • Like x 6
  18. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Circe as a mentor let's you see her crazy shine!
  19. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I don't care about feats for them, but if they can be purchased on the Market Place I'm going to need to buy some PSN cards
    • Like x 2
  20. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Can we get rid of the role specific styles first?
    • Like x 7