Test Discussion Episode 14: Happiness Home ELITE Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Loche, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loche Developer

Hello everyone,
    The Happiness Home Elite Raid is now enabled on PCTest. Please use this thread for any and all feedback.

Thank you
  2. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

When going through the teleporters, people are being teleported to their own instance. We pretty much had to 7 man the Colonel Hervok fight, unless you want to deal with the adds the entire fight.

The Aquaman/Zoom fight was pretty ridiculous. We really couldn't do much as, we had to again, fight a man down because of the teleporters. Aquaman wasn't so much an issue as Zoom was. Zoom was hitting incredibly hard. There's a huge difference in damage that he does, compared to Aquaman. It would be nice to see his damage reduced, or his AOE damage reduced. As of now, it's very difficult to get away from his big attacks and he can, at any time, take out half or more of your raid group. Maybe increasing the time in his tell would also work, with out having to reduce the damage? I'm not sure. I just know he was a raid killer.

We weren't able to get past the second boss fight to see what Stompa and Lashina were like.

Some other bugs -

• You can still glitch out the start of the fight, where the bosses won't spawn, and you have to reset it by leaving and re-entering the room.
    • We were able to get Zoom to teleport out of the boss fight and into the outer hallway. The tank went in, the door closed, and Zoom teleported to the group waiting outside, killing most of them.
    • When I was teleported, I was able to get past the red barrier and hit the add that was there, I wasn't able to get back out, although I couldn't really do much damage to him. And eventually I was teleported to the main room.
    There may have been more, however this is all I can remember for now :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Lightws Dedicated Player

I have already given Loche most of the information yesterday. Really only thing left to test is the last boss. Also Zoom is fixed just waiting for the patch to actually get back in there.
  4. Loche Developer

Thanks Devour and Britteny. Millbarge is helping me knock out some of these issues.
    • We have fixed the 5X ability Zoom was using.
    • Fixed one of the Zoom pulls that wouldn't let you break out or the tank immunity abilities
    • I also did a quick pass on some others, including Aquaman. They were hitting a little hard too.
    • We fixed the teleporting to the wrong phase.
    • We fixed not getting teleporter adds sometimes
    • We are investigating the Blinking through doors (should be fixed soon)
    • Investigating the bug where you can get no bosses.
    Likely this will all be in the update tomorrow.
    • Like x 2
  5. Millbarge Developer

When you got past the door - did you go around it? or through it?

-Millbarge
  6. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I went through it. None of the consoles were up for me to break so I was just doing random weapon attacks. I stood against the barrier and then just went through it and was able to run around the part with the add at the console. But I couldn't get back out.
  7. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Another thing, we also ended up having to roll on a MoV after the first boss fight.
  8. Lightws Dedicated Player

This is happening on any raid not just this one.

Also the Utility belt is dropping a consumable slot on the dropped version. I am sure that's not intended and it is meant to have 4 wildcard slots.
  9. BigDaddyDru New Player

Allrighty > It's time for Mr. Competent, Daddy himself to shed some details and share his feedback concerning the ELITE Raid that is Happiness Home.

Firstly, please Click Here to review my feedback concerning the NORMAL version of Happiness Home.

I will be making several comparisons between the two versions in this feedback, and things will make much more sense to you as the reader if you are already cognizant of the NORMAL version of the Raid.

As with anything End Game related, please ensure you are playing and surrounding yourself with nothing but Elite & Competent. Anything less, MUST be instantly PURGED from the Raid if you wish to consistently succeed in this Raid.

Yes, this is a 100 minute Video. But the VAST majority of it is waiting time, CONSTANT wiping and sitting around discussing tactics and strategies. I will be breaking this Monument of a Video down as I give feedback:

> 1:26 - 3:00 : TRASH ADDS >>> Nothing special here. Just hit a bit harder. Otherwise, get the mop and broom and clean them all up quickly. Although we initially started off with 2 Tanks (since it was our 1st time in Elite and we wanted to be safe), 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Troller will suffice.

> 8:05 - 10:02 : 1ST BOSS >>> Essentially the same as his Normal version. Just hits harder. Ultimately Cakewalk. 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Troller will suffice. Additionally, be sure that your DPS's are paying attention and get the Portals when they Spawn. Failure to do so will result in a CONSTANT influx of adds throughout your Raid and that will be an ABSOLUTE nightmare! So, be sure to take out those Portals immediately.

Of course, as long as your Burn is solid, there is room for error here since the adds will melt nevertheless, but safety is always preferred, especially since you can only die 1 time before you are out permanently if you die again.

> 12:30 - 13:59 : TRASH ADDS >>> Same Principle, clean them all up with the same group Combination. This wave can DEFINITELY be FAR more severe and lethal than the 1st Trash Add Wave if your group DID NOT keep the portals during the 1st Boss in Check. However, even you failed to do so, as long as ALL 3 of your SOLO Support Roles are Competent, you'll make it to the 2nd Bosses easily as the DPS melts them all.

> 19:45 - 26:24 : 2ND BOSSES >>> Yep, you read right.... Instead of A 2nd Boss, we now have 2nd BossES! Zoom & Aquaman. Again, Aquaman is the JOKE of the 2, so we decided to take him down last since he is NOT a threat to the group AT ALL. Zoom was the main man and I STRONGLY recommend taking him out 1st.

2 Tanks are initially REQUIRED for this fight if you want to smoothly and consistently defeat these Bosses. However, because Aquaman is such a JOKE, I definitely do see the Hardcore Elite & Competent groups eventually beating this fight with 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 1 Troller. No questions asked.

> 1:27:43 - 1:39:55 : FINAL BOSSES >>> As I have stated in my Normal Feedback of this Raid, Lashina & Stompa will swiftly sniff out, smell and weed out ANY and ALL signs of Incompetence in your group. This is ESPECIALLY important here in the Elite Version. So be sure you are Adhering and Complying with the Competence rule if you wish to consistently defeat these Final 2 Powerhouses.

2 Tanks are without question a REQUIREMENT for this Fight, and I definitely DO NOT see that being changed AT ALL throughout this DLC. Although an extremely Competent Solo Healer is enough, I strongly recommend going 2 Heals for this fight. My People and I managed to defeat this fight with 1 healer, but it was EXTREMELY difficult and painful. In fact, over 1hr of wipes PAINFUL. I suspect had we inputted the additional Healer, this fight would've been significantly smoother.

1 Extremely Competent Troller is still enough for this fight. Of course, this assumes that ALL 7 other Players are MASTERS of Power Management.

Taking out Lashina 1st is still without question the best way of dealing with this fight. Throughout our whole 1hr of wipes, we attempted to defeat Stompa first and while it is most certainly a Viable option, taking out Lashina 1st is the EASIER and therefore the more efficient method. Lashina is the greater threat no doubt.

Having your 2 Tanks position themselves by a console will aid in preventing Granny Goodness from repairing them. DO NOT under any circumstances allow her to repair ALL 4 of the Consoles.

> 41:33 - 45:20 >>> This is what happens when you FAIL to prevent Granny from repair ALL 4 consoles. She will buff Superman to Insurmountable Levels, and EVERYONE in the group will start getting INSTANTLY 1 Shoted by him.

After an epic 4 Man finish, Competence once again reigned supreme and the Fight was beaten.

Final Feedback > Giving Lashina a Skull tell before she does her "reflect" ability would help, but definitely not necessary. This is the ELITE Raid after all, so this mechanic will definitely keep players on their toes and weave out the Incompetence & Unworthy if it persists.

Throne of the Dead is still far more difficult than this Raid, but it is a nice pace to not need 3-4 Tanks for a piece of Content anymore. Throne definitely has gone down in History in the Raid books, but Happiness Home will still bring good fun and challenge for the Elite & Competent. Kick A$$ job Devs and my people and I are looking forward to crushing it more when it hits Live!
    • Like x 3
  10. BigDaddyDru New Player

Allright, this time Daddy will discuss some other things concerning the Elite Happiness Home.

First and Foremost, the Elite Gear reward structure with this Raid. Although I personally prefer the Item Levels of the best gears in the game being the highest as outlined in Amazon Fury: Part II, I can live with them being the same as regular Raid Drops. Elite Gears are still Item Level 110 and possess the EXACT same Stats as the regular Item level 110 Gears.

So what is the beneift of the Elite Gears you say? Well, apparently there is an Additional Bonus given to each Role if several Pieces of Elite Gears are worn. I suspect this must be the beginning of "Set Gear" Values we will eventually see in new Upcoming Monthly Contents after HOP II.

The video above reveals all these Bonuses for ALL 4 Roles. Honestly, I really don't like the Bonuses for some of the Roles. The Tank & DPS Bonuses are without question the WORST. I strongly suggest reassessing some of these Bonuses so players will actually feel more "ELITE" with their hard earned Elite Gear.

The Troller & Healer Bonuses I can tolerate, but the other 2 Roles are Laughable. What in the world does a DPS need Damage Mitigation for? Why is this a Bonus for DPS? Please re-consider these Bonuses and make them more appealing and relevant to their appropriate roles.

Additionally, does the 4 Piece Bonus also apply to all 8 Bonuses? Meaning as a Troller, since I have 4 Elite Gear Pieces, I get +25 Vit. Does this also mean I get an additional +25 Vit if I have ALL 8 Pieces or does it only apply to a 4 Set Piece?

I am still trying to Fathom the 110 RAID-DROPPED Utility Belt having an UNFAVORABLE Slot Combination. A Consumable in a RAID-DROP? To my knowledge, That has NEVER happened before since early T5 Days (The 86 Utility Belt was the best then).

I truly hope this will be changed before it hits live, otherwise, I better start reserving that Consumable slot for my Buff Soders so I don't have to constantly go in my inventory during battle. At least that's the best use I personally can find for a consumable Slot.

The Reward Structure for this Raid is Perturbing indeed. I hope I can get some answers and clarity on how you Developers intend on executing this for Live. Like I said, kick A$$ job thus far, but as Humans, you make mistakes and explanations are necessary to clarify if these mistakes will or will not be fixed.

Thanks again for all you do!
    • Like x 2
  11. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

Lovin' the 4-gear/8-gear equipping bonuses! Even more so, loving the fact that there is no differentiation between the CR item levels from normal to elite...MAJOR improvement with your approach this time, Devs! However, as Dru mentioned above, the roles' (especially tanks') gear bonuses need reassessing.

Here are screenshots of different gears (and their bonuses) for all 4 classes; credit goes to BigDaddyDru for recording as I wasn't in that run...

Tank 110 Waist (Elite)
    [IMG]

Healer 110 Chest (Elite)
    [IMG]

DPS 110 Head (Elite)
    [IMG]

Controller 110 Shoulders (Elite)
    [IMG]

Boom shakalaka!
    • Like x 1
  12. BigDaddyDru New Player

After countlessly re-watching the above Video of our group Completing the Elite Version of Happiness Home to see where we can improve to make our future runs faster and smoother, I have definitely gathered some pertinent information regarding Granny Goodness in the last fight against Stompa & Lashina:

> If your group has 3 Tanks, you can position 2 Tanks by a Console and that should completely prevent her from repairing that 1 console while the group dispatches Superman. You can still do the fight with 2 Tanks, but 1 tank may not always guarantee a prevention of granny from repairing a console due to the fact that Granny can squeeze through 1 Tank Body vs 2 Tank Bodies (as seen in our Video).

> Since Granny starts to move Counter-Clockwise when she enters the Arena, she will therefore start to go after the rightmost console of where she enters from. This console is therefore the console that you need to BLOCK her from repairing.

> Even if by some Miracle she still somehow repairs the console, As long as your Burn is Solid, Superman should be dead by the time Granny gets to the last console and tries to repair it. Remember, she has to STOP, repair, and continue on. That's more than enough time to Dispatch Superman so she has nothing to Buff.

> I'm not sure if after you Dispatch Superman, Granny buffs Lashina or Stompa if all 4 Consoles are repaired. I'm assuming she doesn't, but that currently needs more testing to be confirmed. In any case, at least we know how to stop her from buffing Superman.

> Personally, I do not see any need to burn the Drone at all. I've watched our video several times and I don't see the benefit of burning the drone. In fact, it apparently does more HARM than GOOD, because we are wasting DPS time from Superman AND dispatching the Drone provokes Granny to use her 1 Shot Attacks on the Group.

> Once Granny repairs a console, it's a done deal. There seems to be no way to "un-do" that. Once you defeat either Stompa or Lashina 1st, the consoles do become vulnerable for you to quickly dispatch, but once Granny repairs it, it's a done deal.

> For this reason, having your Tanks position themselves by the Console to BLOCK Granny from repairing it seems so far the most logical and efficient method.

> As long as Granny is Blocked, you won't have to waste anymore time burning her drone, and everyone can swiftly dispatch Superman and then either Stompa or Lashina (whoever is left), resulting in a faster and more efficient Raid Completion.

> I give this Raid 30 minutes TOPS to be beaten once everything is fully mastered. The Hardcore Elite & Competent will of course put this Raid on "farm status" and be in and out of it in about 20 minutes or less, consistently.
  13. Lightws Dedicated Player

Now that you have shared the fact that you can body block granny I am sure that will be fixed. Because that's not intended in anyway.
  14. BigDaddyDru New Player

Not intended huh? I leave no secrets untold my friend. I'm curious to see how this will be "fixed" since Granny has to PHYSICALLY be near the Console to repair it. They would have to implement a new Mechanic where she automatically repairs a console after x amount of time, and I'm certain that would be a major Inconvenience to Schedules.

Nevertheless, the beauty of having MULTIPLE ways to get the job done truly is Insurmountable. Even if by some miracle the Body Block does not work, I have already shared other techniques to smoothly get the raid done in an efficient manner.

There is NEVER just 1 way to get the job done and while the Body Block is definitely the most efficient way to get the job done, it is by no means the ONLY way to get the job done!

Happy Playing Devour Power! ;)
  15. Lightws Dedicated Player

But aside from all of the cheapness. Seeing the set bonuses for the first time. Besides the controllers effect bonus for 8 pieces....... Elite this time around is not worth it. The previous set up for Elite was way better because it had better stats and it actually was worth the extra effort to actually get those pieces. 103 health for a tank for 4 pieces? Seriously how will that ever help a tank. Unless it was per piece which I am sure it isn't. How could that ever be seen as worthwhile. No one will ever do elite actively this time around because there's no reason to.

If you want people to actually go in there and finish that content. I would say it would make more sense to make the set bonuses better...... or make the elite gear 112 and increase there stats above that of which is on the normal gear. Because no one at all will play/replay this content because whats there now is completely pointless to obtain.
    • Like x 4
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

I agree here. There is one feat in Elite this time even that is just not worth it. Probably skipping Elite this time. The raid is fairly easy a lot more ppl will beat this Elite for sure. I don't even mind. For the loot its in there the strive isnt given as the set bonuses are a joke (especially the 8 piece+ DPS one ^^).

What I like is the first boss design with the teleport.
    2nd boss is pretty much tank and spank and gambling on what boss you get in normal or just burn the most obvious in Elite first.
    3rd boss part is pretty neat. The drone defense reduction nullifies my issue that Dru quoted.

Overall more consequent on getting 2 tanks involved even though its more about the last boss but the stretching on 3 tanks was just a backburner Throne Elite has given.

I also don't think preventing the repair with body lock is intended. They could give Granny some kind of pushback mechanic that is active in front of her massive belly. It's already in the game used pretty often so I don't think its too much of an issue to implement cause it prevents the main mechanic in this boss fight.
  17. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Thanks for posting these. I gotta say that the set bonuses are really lackluster. The four-piece stat bonus is absolutely nothing, percentage-wise. A suggestion would be to have the 4-piece give people % crits instead of stat bonuses since you want to keep stats flattened.

The eight-piece bonus for DPS seems like it would benefit a tank to have 2500 damage reduction every 12 seconds, not sure how it would help a DPS do more damage, which is their role. What about a buff where lightening shoots out and hits multiple targets or something that gives some sort of damage bonus. The healer bonus isn't great because power consumption is hardly ever an issue, what about something creative like a group shield or an extra HoT? The tank bonus would be more useful if it stunned multiple adds or a boss. What about a tank buff that reduced cooldowns so they could use an extra shield/damage mitigator or gave the tank a blue immunity? The controller bonus is the only worthwhile one, maintaining a 6% power crit buff by debuffing seems really cool.

Another thing, assuming that you have to obtain this set during the three months the DLC is out, I don't see how you would obtain eight pieces by playing the raid every other week (due to the lockout being shared with the normal version). The obvious answer is that you will need to spend replay badges to complete the sets. For me personally, it will be hard to justify replaying this content for the current set bonuses on gear that might be obsolete shortly after obtaining it.
    • Like x 3
  18. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Have you tried clownboxing the repair consoles yet? I hear that's how the Elite and Competent do it these days.
    • Like x 7
  19. SumtegWong New Player

The Clown Box is a power that lets you control banishment in totd, like breakout trinkets lets you break out from being controlled. Competent group using the tools the game gives us. I'll join that group any day.
    • Like x 2
  20. Lightws Dedicated Player

The offspring's are growing up!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.