Country Music Song Favorite???

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Krypton, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The Rodeo Song(sorry, can't post video here due to graphic content). Also:

And pretty much anything by Johnny Cash.
    • Like x 1
  2. Krypton Dedicated Player

I love Taylor :)
  3. Krypton Dedicated Player

Ok People
    Check out Brantley Gilbert Bottoms up
    Thomas Rhett Get me some of that
    Jason Aldean Buring it Down
    Luke Bryan Play it again
    Cole Swindell hope you get lonely tonight...

:)
  4. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I've heard this described as Hellbilly so i'm not sure if it counts.....but I'm really into it at the moment

But there is a music thread already....and we should love, care and cherish it (and post in it a heck of a lot more!!!!)
  5. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

My parents are country music fans and I grew up on stuff like Ronnie Milsap, Charlie Rich, Charlie Pride, Buck Owens, Conway Twitty, Barbara Mandrell, Tanya Tucker, Glen Cambell,... it's funny how I don't really care for my parents "music" but it sure is nostalgic when I here something from back then.
    My criterion for country music; either the song is about cowboys or there's a fiddle in the music...

6. Krypton Dedicated Player

OMG I have now Shotgun Rider
    I can't ever leave out Brantley though.

Listen to these, and hope you meet a girl that gets it. :)
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Cool this is back.

I am really liking Little Big Town's "Girl Crush".
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I grew up in Texas so I love some country music. I don't know what happened but in the early 2000's country music just started going down hill for me and I stopped listening.

However, here are some of my favorites:

Garth Brooks: Friends in Low Places

Dixie Chicks: Earl Had to Die

The Charlie Daniels Band: The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Mark Collie: Shame Shame Shame Shame

George Strait: Check Yes or No

Randy Travis: My Love is Deeper
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukl_QuFM664

Think that is enough for now.
  9. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I am not much of a country fan but I do have some I don't mind. Some of the more recent ones are Jason Aldean's "She's Country" and Carrie Underwood's "Last Name". As for the classic's I am a fan of Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison" and the bluegrass group who did "Man of Constant Sorrow"
  10. Longshot Well-Known Player

Does Colt Ford count?

_
  11. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Well it's forty below, And I don't give a */&^, Got a heater in my truck, And I'm off to the rodeo..... Gary Lee

That being said, I am not a fan of country music, but for the sake of the topic, this has to be my favorite

12. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

My fave is that song about that guy, whos girl left him because his truck broke down, right after his dog died. You know that one?

Now that I got that cliche out of the way.

I grew up on a farm. My dad wore pearl snap western shirts and listened to AM country, so did my grandparents.

The first time I heard friends in low places I was sitting on the tailgate of my dad's truck. I had a blow torch in my hand burning the straw after harvest.

The classic country is hands down the best. 50's to 2000 was great. I can't listen to this new country. It makes me want to stab hot pokers in my ear drums. A bunch of hacks cranking out the same crap year after year.

If you want proof google " 6 country song mash up" the guy blends 6 songs into one and it doesn't skip a beat.

I rest my case.
    • Like x 1
  13. Cursed Khagan Well-Known Player

I don't know much about country music, though I enjoy listening to it if it's on the radio.
    But I heard this song back in 2007 and fell in love with it ever since, only song I know of LeAnn's though.
  14. Krypton Dedicated Player

Jason Aldean rocks Burnin' it down and Dirt Road Anthem both love. He is a lot like Brantley Gilbert, has other influences in his music.
  15. Black Fist Loyal Player

Hm... favorite country song... and I only get to pick one? Well, then that would have to be no country song ever recorded ever. However, I do like Thirty Seconds to Mars as well, person who had them in their signature.
    That's why I don't like country. They all sound the same, and I don't like the way they sound, so that's not a good method. Like, I think every modern male country music dude sounds exactly the same. American Idol a few seasons ago had that country guy, and I had seen the judges say no to a guy because he sounded too much like Elton John, yet they passed this guy even though he sounded just like every other country guy ever in the history of the last dozen or so years.
  16. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

It seems to me that "Today's" big/top country music artists seem to want to be pop or hip-hop artists. I guess it's just a sign of the times, but honestly hasn't country music sort of lost it's idenity here in the last 10 years or so? Just because you're from the south, have a twang in your voice, and sing through your nose, doesn't make you country...

I'm talkin' to you, Jason Aldean... or whatever your last name is.;)
    • Like x 1
  17. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

1 million likes to this post.
  18. Black Fist Loyal Player

Dis will haz spawnd nu thred rok thred now.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's what seems to be the problem the last ten years or so: 'pop' is not a style in, and of, itself, 'pop' is simply, literally, what is 'popular' at the time, that's why Iron Maiden was "Top of the Pops" in the eighties because Metal (and hair bands) were big in that decade
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

church by Lyle Lovett