Work In Progress What's Next For DCUO: New Plans For Future Episodes.

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Has anyone on test been able to look in to this? It'd be nice to know if I should try and finish off these styles before GU47 drops through the style vendor, or if they will be ridiculously easy to finish after it drops.
  2. pghAMMER Active Player

Actually, it depends on whether the style is available in the vendors (older styles, that is). Some styles are drop-specific, and some are vendor-specific, and some are a mix of both. (Avatar Bombardier is drop-specific for heroes, but is available from a vendor for villains - I wonder if the same is true for other Avatar styles. I'm actually working on the Avatar Infiltrator gear feat for heroes, but already HAVE the Avatar Bombardier feat for villains - because it's available from a specific vendor. Also, some gear is actually unique to either the League or the Society - the only way a hero can collect the Tech Salvation or Reverse gear feats is via a villain or villains on his character list; naturally, the same is true in "reverse" of the One With the Speed Force (Speed Force Spectrum gear feat) or Making Sparks Fly (High Voltage gear set) gear feats.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Huh? This thread is about the future Episodes. The guy asked when the new Episode structure will come into play, so I gave him the answer the devs gave us. GU47 has nothing to do with this.
  4. Oldtimer New Player

How am I supposed to get the seraph, heartshard, talon lord, and raptor tech styles completed. I cannot get those styles to drop from the intended places. Can the developers shed some light on this? Since the greed-need loot system changed I can rarely get any of those styles to drop. Will there be a vendor or a way for the styles to drop without marks?
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

Yes and no. The second post in the thread describes the mark changes. The guy you responded to asked about "this monstrosity" without specifying what part of the changes he was asking about.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ah yes yes, my bad and apologies to Tiger in that case. ^^
    • Like x 2
  7. Tygerfyre Committed Player

No problem, it's been a LONG thread. (And yes, what Sbel said is what I meant. This thread covered a lot of GU47 stuff, not just the new episode schedule.)
  8. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Many of these styles drop from many instances...you could always go to dcuo-db.com and see exactly where the pieces drop from.
    • Like x 1
  9. Oldtimer New Player

The problem is getting them after the update (47). There will be no loot for lower tiered runs if your cr is to high. These are T2 or T3 styles but I am T6 and will not receive loot. The drop rates are to low to get the styles. I have tried but you only get 1 drop per boss since the need greed system was changed.
  10. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Not true...you still get the loot drops, just not marks
    • Like x 2
  11. Oldtimer New Player

Ok, then no worries. Thank you. Thought I read the drops were going away as well.
  12. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

13. SupuhMan New Player

I didn't know where I should post this so I'm putting my input here. Please drop stat flattening. It will ruin this game for me. I really enjoy playing it and want to continue to do so. Please think about what your doing. If it's not broken don't fix it. I tried so.. First post ever haha. Maybe the last
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You should elaborate on why it will "ruin" the game for you. There is a LOT of misinformation going around where people think they understand what flattening is, but have gotten it all wrong. This is a positive step for the game. It is bridging the gap in stats from tier 1 to 5 since tier 6 took a huge jump. It won't have much of an effect, if any, on player who are already at tier 6, and will improve the stats of those between t1 and t5.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kyzax New Player

Correction: It takes eight (8) exobits to create one (1) exobyte and eighteen (18) exobytes per T6 mod.
  16. SupuhMan New Player

"Stat Flattening" will make all of my in game accomplishments meaningless. Grinding to the highest tier/cr only to get knocked out by a cr 52 enemy preventing me from soloing a raid/alert. This really puts no incentive into collecting the highest level gear because all the gear protects you the same. not to mention all new players will be stuck grinding twice as hard just to find out that all their efforts were for nothing. I'm not sure who asked for this but I'm sure a huge portion of people on the servers would vote against having this in the game if there was actually a poll taken. PVE is fine the way it is. My opinion is.. Reconsider Stat Flattening/Not scaling. thanks for letting me share my opinion.
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You might want to go look up just what Stat Flattening is, because nothing you said is true. Proxystar and Remander each created threads detailing the truth behind Stat Flatening.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...t-flattening-cutting-through-the-hype.250491/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ive-cr-scaling-what-the-heck-are-they.249944/
    Mepps even tweeted a link to one of them because it explains everything so well.

Here is a quick breakdown of some things that may help.

Stat Clamping: Restricting stats to a specific pre-determined range. This currently only exists in the Seasonal Events, and has no announced plans for a wider release. However, it was mentioned that if this did get a wider release, it would be optional.

Stat Flattening: This name is a little misleading, in my opinion it should have been called Stat Linearization. Basically, since the start of the game stats have been increasing at an exponential rate (blue line in the Dev provided picture below). This trend wasn't sustainable, so the game had to be changed (introduce Stat Flattening). The highest gear is unaffected, but everything else gets increased to the red line in the picture below. This is just an example from one of the Test Forum threads.
    [IMG]
    This alone means a slight increase in difficulty when doing old content, most noticeable when you approach your tier. However, there is one more thing the Devs have added to make the game still feel like it did before the change in stats.

CR Differential Adjustment: This will compare your Equipped Combat Rating (ECR) to the CR of the things you are fighting in an instance.
    If your ECR is lower than its CR, you do less damage and take more damage than normal.
    If your ECR is the same as its CR, you do normal damage and take normal damage.
    If your ECR is higher than its CR, you do more damage and take less damage than normal.
    The bigger the difference between your ECR and their CR, the greater the change from normal damage.

The Dev Team has said that an average player should be able to solo a raid two tiers below them with this update.

Make sure to check the Staff post Tracker (at the top of the page) for their responses and updates.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kal-En New Player

So I haven't been checking this in about a week. Has anything actually changed? In particular as it applies to the no marks for anything under your tier nonsense? The game ruining stuff?
  19. kajutsu New Player

Still the same because no need to change it!!!!
    You will not need those marks because the prices of stuff you bought with them is reduce.
    The marks you will have from your tier will be enought for all what you need(base stuff, utility belt, ....).

You use to get more MoF than symbole if runing T6 content, so newest gear obtention were link to your symbole farming.
    This new system will not reduce your speed progression into the new tier.
  20. SupuhMan New Player

Thanks for clarifying. Have to wait and see. Might be a game changer for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.