GU47 = Pay To Win?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akaivy Dedicated Player

I really wish they'd just make people pay for this game up front so I wouldn't have to see anymore of the FTP complaining threads.

This game is FTP. There is no "win", no "end game". You can run low level, free content until your heart is content or you get bored and find something else.

However, if you wish to play higher level content you must pay to get it. There was never any promise that EVERYTHING in this game is free. Only the download, characters, and basic content. From the get go, it tells you there are different membership levels.

Lex Luthor and company will continue to attempt to implant evil and Superman and the good guys will continue to try to stop them. However, no level of membership will ultimately save the world or destroy the world depending on your faction, so no one will ever "win", whether they pay or not.

It is free to play. Additional content is available for a price.
    • Like x 8
  2. Ichiro Loyal Player

Companies need to make profits. Paying customers generates profits. Products/services generates paying customers. Paying customers generates profits. A very common and circular system. I don't begrudge the game for wanting to make profits. I pay for what I want and don't pay for anything that I don't want. simple:)
    • Like x 3
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

This, I dont understand why some players think this game is not pay2win, if you ask me its a good business for both buyers and sellers.

You wanna get your moneys worth.
  4. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

I'll find out soon when my sub ends.
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

id love some evidence of pay 2 win. if you turn in evidence of big foot or the loch ness you get a bonus prize for multiple make belive finds
    • Like x 3
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Guess you'll have to make due with a two baller and a tickle blast...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. Ghostof91 New Player

The evidence is there in front of your face, sorry if you cant see yourself having a orbital strike in the open world as a winning advantage over someone that hasnt brought that particular dlc then theres no point in digging deep.

Theres also sodas, mods that requires escrow money which you will need to either buy excrow withdrawal or a membership to have access to all your money, these were just a few examples of pay2win.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If higher cr mean more damage, then u47 is pay to win.
  9. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  10. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

:(
  11. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

If only was a female and a teen. I could be the next big 16 and pregnant star:)
    • Like x 1
  12. ChuckLess New Player

Nope. Non of that is "Pay to Win". You just joined the OP and the 1st person that responded to this thread.
    • Like x 5
  13. ChuckLess New Player

Wrong. Follow the guy above you... Next?
    • Like x 2
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

I dont think you know what pay2win means.:rolleyes:
  15. ChuckLess New Player

Lol
    • Like x 5
  16. Morcra Committed Player

i dont find this game p2w at all.

i mean pay to advance maybe.

but pay to win? the **** am i winning in this game. bragging rights? get to do the same dungeon over and over again cus i got the badges for it? Get more drunk off of soders?. Shining bright like a daimond?

people just like to complain when they cant get something instead of working towards it in a pace that suits u
    • Like x 4
  17. Kyzax New Player

LMAO :D
  18. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

But it does apply to the current COD, right?
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

Don't prefab mods cost around 500? Also, open world PvP is not a significant portion of the game. If you were going to cite pay to win game things, it would be much more reasonable and valid to mention Shazam, PvP gear costing over 1500 cash, and constant significant dps imbalances.
  20. ChuckLess New Player

COD?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.