Throne Elite Clown Box Strategy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Apr 16, 2015.

1. BigDaddyDru New Player

Laughable. All I have to say to this statement is just simply put, Laughable. Even though you don't pay for my Legendary Membership monthly Geezuz and I am therefore by no means inclined to "proove" myself to the "likes" of you, I'll entertain you nonetheless:

This is the 4 Tank Method we used on Ares in the beginning of the DLC

This is the 3 Tank Method we used on Ares in the beginning of the DLC

You can continue to Delude yourself Geezuz into believing your own fallacy that players who use 4 Tanks on Elite Ares aren't "good enough" to beat the Raid. But as both of these Videos proove, players who utilize BOTH 4 Tanks and/or 3 Tanks have maximum options available to them to successfully get past Elite Ares. While YOU may not be capable of fathoming "options" since you "think" 3 Tanks is the ONLY way to beat Elite Ares, other more intelligent and open minded players understand and comprehend that there is more than 1 way to get the job done, and they embrace ALL viable options instead of shunning them.

As for using the "Cheesy" Clownbox method to beat Elite Hades > Again, whenever you decide to pay for my Legendary Subscription Geezuz, your opinions MAY begin to matter. But just for your entertainment once again:

This is us defeating Elite Hades the Old Fashioned and Normal Way

This is us defeating Elite Hades using the Clown Box Way

Again, my people and I are fully capable of defeating Elite Throne however way we decide. What separates us from you Geezuz, is that we embrace and welcome all tactics and strategies. We don't shun away people for using 4 Tanks on Elite Ares and we don't shun away people for using Clown Box on Elite Hades simply because we can do it too and at the end of the day ALL methods end up with the same result and loot.

My only requirement in my Raids and it will ALWAYS remain a requirement, is for you to simply be CAPABLE or as you and the rest of US-PC Hero are more familiar with me consistently saying, COMPETENT, for the Raid. We can do 3 Tanks or we can just do Elite Hades the old fashioned way.

But again, as an Elite & Competent player, I always ask myself > "What is the fastest, easiest and most consistent way to get this Raid done?". 4 Tanks will always work on Elite Ares, so I CAN pug Elite Ares using that Method. 3 Tanks I only want to use for my most Trusted, Elite & Competent.

Beating Elite Hades the normal way requires my most Trusted, Elite & Competent. Whereas using the Clown Box method I can run with pugs and still get the job done. I have maximum options available to me. That is what matters. Options, Options, Options.

And Finally, all the players seen in the above Videos (which includes myself) are all capable of doing ALL methods to beat Elite Throne.... whereas you Geezuz, are only capable of doing a few. It sounds to me like your definition of "Quality" is definitely not something I want to be around.

Anyways, Stay Competent my good sir and Happy Playing! ;)
    • Like x 3
  2. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Clownbox is a joke. Anyone using it is a joke. You can change text colors all you want but at the end of the day you are justifying a cheesy shortcut to beat a raid. End of story.
    • Like x 13
  3. MeloMan New Player

Amen to that. Imo anyone supporting using clownbox to beat elite just isnt very good. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  4. QuantifiedICE Active Player

im just gonna say here that if you have to post that much and talk that long about how you think something is right, well then you have proved that you are not a good player and just get carried by everyone else. To be short and sweet about it, if someone uses the clownbox in a TOTD i am in, im leaving because i dont play with people who have to take the "easy way" to finish stuff. Oh and yes this is directed right at you Dru, why in the world would people run that raid with you when on numerous occasions i have seen people say they were in there with you for 5 hours+??? my leaguemates. I mean really? 5 hours or more? you should just give up when you suck that bad. so much for those "competent" players you supposedly know.
    • Like x 1
  5. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Lol at everyone getting mad because people are using Clownbox to beat Elite. How does it affect you at all? People will play the way they want to and you play the you want too at the end of the day. If the Devs say it's a legit strategy stop complaining
    • Like x 2
  6. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Clown Box.... again the Clown Box....
    Oh boy....
  7. MeloMan New Player

Well no dev said its legit 1rst of all. He did say technically it can be used and its not an exploit but its cheesy. And im not complaining about. Tbh idc what others do. What i have an issue with is someone calling me insane and stupid if i dont use it. And ps players who keep talking trash about pc players when all the exploits and stuff like clownbox seems to get started on the ps servers. Thats my issue.
    • Like x 1
  8. RealGODofWar New Player

I'm so confused. Why are the Elite & Competent players using such a Extra Cheesy tactic to beat a raid? How are they showing their Skill? Following that Logic, Elite and Competent players switch to FoTM powers because "It is more efficient"
    • Like x 6
  9. Taxman New Player

It doesn't directly affect other people, but it cheapens the accomplishments of others. Yes, it's allowed, but it's "cheesy" as others have pointed out.

Some people feel the constant need to brag, and that's their right. I don't care if people use the clown box, but I'm not going to run with them.

An Elite & Competent bowler doesn't use bumpers and brag about their score. Congrats to all who have completed elite (without training wheels).
    • Like x 5
  10. Sionn Committed Player

Dang it! I had a free power point to use, and I almost put it in Clown Box just for the fun of it, but chose super strength instead just so I can go throw cars when I get bored. Now I CAN'T put it in clown box without being labeled a exploiter. Thanks a lot, you 1337 indignant people have made me "skeered" to use it.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This post are full of hypocrisy. Most who label themselves elite was trying to get throne elite nerfed, because they weren't elite enough to beat it. Who cares if one group use cb? How do this effect your gameplay? I think it's cheese to stack quantum dps in elite. At the end of the day this is only a game, everyone so serious about other players
    • Like x 3
  12. Kyzax New Player

Personally, I think with content around the corner the Dev Team just does not have time nor the desire to mess with the issues of Throne anymore.
    • Like x 2
  13. Serj Committed Player

a good group will figure out mechanics regardless of if they ran it before or not after one wipe... considering everything is working as intended.
    paying attention doesn't make you competent, there is no such thing as being competent... no amount of money in the world can buy that. everyone makes mistakes and nobody is perfect, money can't fix mistakes either... but paying attention can.

on the other hand paying attention is not enough to make you good, anyone with half a brain can figure out attack animations and work his away around them avoiding or countering them properly. boasting about it doesn't equate to being good, it degrades from one's skill if anything.

in the end of the day if you can't beat a raid without using something like a clownbox (shortcuts) then don't call yourself good... if you're using it because beating the raid normally just takes too long even in best case scenario then it's understandable why someone would want to use that, but that's just as far as it goes....

there is absolutely no justification outside of that to use clownbox, for ice tanks to use hibernation etc... none. either you finish the raid normally and get it to a point where you can finish it on a regular basis NORMALLY or don't bother with it... or atleast don't go out of your way to boast about how you took a shortcut because you can't finish it normally.

people will always play how they want, it's the fact that there are some that will just take the shortcut over hard work and earning accomplishing without it.

that's what diffrentiates a good player from a lazy player who thinks money can buy everything and will always look for the easy way out... pretty sure if some people could pay for gear drops they would have.

skill needs to be earned not bought and im glad there isn't a "buy everything" button.
    • Like x 1
  14. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

This!!! Looking in the feedback thread, the "elite" made sure they made it easier for them to beat. No one beat it legit before it was nerfed
    • Like x 1
  15. MeloMan New Player

This^ agreed 100%. Also bribing other players by resetting the content for them to get them to run with u doesnt make u "elite"or "competent" either. The few people that continue to use that word competent, i dont think they actually understand what it means.

I also dont understand the post about using 3 tanks vs 4 tanks and somehow saying 4 tanks is a viable and better option. Yes its viable. But if u can pull it off with 3 tanks then why would u ever use 4? And how would using 3 as opposed to 4 mean u cant do every strategy? That makes no sense. If i can do it with 3 every time then it serves no purpose for me and my group to use 4 tanks and it doesnt mean we cant use all and every strategy available. It means the group is good enough to do it with 3.

And im not trying to insult anyone here, but i will say this, if u have to call yourself "elite" or "beast" or "a great player" then 99% of the time your not. Its like that old sports analogy "act like you have been there b4" and "let your play do the talking."
    • Like x 1
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

That simply states that it is similar to other powers, and that it's okay to use, though "cheesy."
    He specifically did not state that it's okay to use a power to stop an npc from carrying out a mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  17. xD25x Dedicated Player

Basically if you use the clown box you should be ashamed of yourself. Im all for taking the clown box out of the game. There has never been a power used in so many exploits as the clown box is
    • Like x 1
  18. 23flash Well-Known Player

What I'm going to say is so what about earth and ice powers using their supercharge that encases as well. You can't honestly say that that's an exploit to can you? If this was such a glitch/exploit they would have just allowed encasements etc etc to get teleported. Just like in the beginning bug form couldn't get teleported and now it can. See my point? lol you guys have to think outside the box sometimes and stop being so simple minded lol its a little embarrassing. Complaining about something you've all taken part in whether it was the throne glitch, dox glitch, l&w glitch, A&B glitch, Legends character glitches, etc etc. You've all exploited and or glitched. Stop being upset. I was upset at first cause everybody got in the throne glitch but me, now I regret not doing it since there was really no punishment. But whatever the case like I said. You've all done something wrong before. So just chill yo. At least the encasements are helping you beat it. Cause most of you probably wouldn't without it. Only a few leagues have done it without that still to this point. So yea chill lol.
  19. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

If you think no PC players have beaten 'Elite' this way, you're deluded.
  20. SGS_JonLegend Well-Known Player

Why would one not utilize the most efficient manner in which to execute a given task? It seems the individual’s arguing against the clown box method simply don't understand the proper deployment of available means.

If you have a knife to butter your bread -- do you use your fingers because a knife is too easy? If you have a pen to write down your thoughts -- do you use a rock and etch it into stone because a pen is to simple? If you have paper to wipe your rear, do you just leave it because paper is too convenient? Based on the logic of those that would call the clown box method "cheesy," I should throw away all of my gear because essentially -- it's making the game 'easier.'

Competence is a title you earn through the proper deployment of available tactics, not the misrepresentation of an effective means by which to conquer your foe. Incompetence is a title delegated to all the rest. Simply arguing against an effective tactic is by default accepting a loss to your Ego. If you are going to be misplaced in judgment by the whims of your Ego, then your ideals, morals and concepts are already corrupt, and therefore moot.

You can cling desperately to whatever 'moral compass' you've lead yourself to believe you have, and continue to deploy tactics which you deem suitable for your venture. Those of us not bound by the limitations of our Ego's and over-developed Pride will execute the task at hand and be rid with our foe in an effective timely manner with minimal casualties/problems.

I've yet to see/read one legit counter to the Clown Box method other than "it's cheesy." If that is the extent of what you have to offer, then the very foundation of the argument on which you stand is as "cheesy" as the tactics with which you argue. Put simply -- find somewhere else to parade your Ego.
    • Like x 3