Lagging on PS4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thewoe, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Thewoe Well-Known Player

I was just wondering does anyone else suffer from minor lag on ps4? im pretty sure its not me as ive done every test possible and DCUO is the only game i lagg on.

Basically when turning the camera it can jitter and feel very stiff when rotating, when running (im super speed) my character again feels stiff and sort of leans back then forward really quickly, When going through my HL Rotation sometimes i mess up a combo because the game didnt register that i hit a certain button when i know i did.

It doesnt make the game unplayable by any means but it can be very annoying. Ive checked my router settings, my speed, my ping, packet loss etc and im using wired, ive tried wireless but its the same, im with SKY Broadband. I also use a VPN for netflix (unblock-us.com) but ive tried it with and without and its still the same.

Any help would be great. Ive only had this problem recently ocer the last month so im a little confused, is it a server issue only affecting a small portion of us?
    • Like x 2
  2. Couzintony New Player

I've had this issue for a bit now... Very annoying.. not unplayable but it might cause some fails...
    I know this... Lolz solo heals ftw.....
  3. Thewoe Well-Known Player

glad im not the only one, it must be a server side thing with DB.
  4. Skopos Well-Known Player

Watch Tower is lag central for me, I can't even text out load outs in there so I'm always in my base.
  5. Thewoe Well-Known Player

I get it pretty much anywhere but yeah the watchtower is definatley lagg fest/frame rate hell.
  6. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

china town pd in pvp phase is lag command post
  7. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Fellas,

Try to do a speedtest and ping with your network connections since it must be a nnetwork issue. You got plenty of power in the ps4 so it must be your internet connection.

A speedtest will give you your speed and the ping will tell you the reliability and stability of your connection. If you see "Request Time Out "it means your connection is intermitent and that creates lag in the game even if you are running with great speed. Try Ping 8.8.8.8 that its Google DNS servers and are very good for testing.

My 2 cents
  8. Thewoe Well-Known Player

If tou read my OP you will see i did all tests possible ;)
  9. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

That's why I stressed the Ping test since this game don't run with buffered memory as Netflix, YouTube or any Streaming service that uses the buffers to compensate for unstable connections. In the case of DCUO or any multiplayer game the network connectivity is more critical. I'm not trying to Troll with you, I'm trying too help you diagnose the problem.

My 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  10. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Agreed. Im sorry my post came across as Arsey, it wasnt intended :)
    • Like x 1