Stat Flattening

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gordon Gorebringer, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

When people get stuck at a certain point, most simply will not stay at that point and try to get better at their role to get past that point. Most players will try to get better gear so that gear can make them good enough to pass said point. That's just human nature. Once they realize that better gear won't really make that point much easier to pass than before, they will become discouraged and just give up on the game. Once again, that's just human nature. You'll end up with a game with not enough players to support the financial costs of keeping the servers up. Who cares about other MMOs here. Common sense should tell you this current execution just ain't good for the long term viability of the game. A better execution is in order.
  2. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Destiny isn't DCUO, son. And Destiny made changes before any real issues could even come to light. Yet, they still were hurt and lost players over it. Thanks for making my point by bringing up other MMOs.

Plus, DCUO won't just stop either. Slowly people will start to leave, one drove after another. Eventually, a year, maybe a year and a half, from now, there will be a 4 to 6 month warning that the servers are shutting down due to lack of player interest because most players just got too discouraged by the lack of real progression. When people get discouraged, they aren't gonna keep playing. That's human nature.
    • Like x 1
  3. Vagrant Committed Player

Except Destiny isn't a game like World of Warcraft. Destiny barely counts as an MMORPG, its a MMOFPS, its catering to people who have no patience and probably have ADHD like most gamers nowadays for some reason. If people want to leave over this, please do. At least after this update I will be able to pug with people who know how to play the freaking game.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dephyre Committed Player

You know what, not even gonna try and justify an argument with you, all I'm going to say is, everytime they make a change to this game, people complain that they are leaving, hell some even do leave. It does absolutely nothing to the game or the devs. It doesnt hurt their feelings or their wallets. I've even left and came back over changes they made that I didnt like. Please note those key words, I came back. Meaning they found a way to draw me back in. Regardless, even if some folks cry and threaten to quit, what the devs are doing is bringing more longevity to the game, by making lower tier instances relelvant again. I for one did not like steam rolling my way through PBG or Gates or FOS 123, while lower tier characters were still learning the ropes
    • Like x 1
  5. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Again, this change WILL NOT MAKE ANYONE A BETTER PLAYER AND WILL NOT MAKE IT WHERE PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME lol. All you people who think that BS are extremely naive and need to take your blinders off. It will just lead to more frustration for most of the core in the game who will just leave due to said frustration. Talk about a serious lack of foresight you guys show.
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

Your probably one of those players who makes a character Sunday, gets to tier 6 Tuesday and then tries to run Survival Mode and one of the first questions you ask is, What is Power over time?
    • Like x 1
  7. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Grinding will be less important now, lol.

"Because when everyone is special, no one is"
    • Like x 1
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

I'm not threatening to leave, nor have I ever done so. I've supported a lot of the past changes and even support maybe 90% of the changes in Update 47. I've been on the game almost daily for over 3 years. I'm not threatening to quit, at least not yet lol. What they're doing sounds great on paper, but the execution will most certainly NOT bring longevity to the game. The execution will probably kill the game within 2 years. You may not like steamrolling through lower tier stuff, but most actually do. Why do you think most players are so against stat clamping, and now even against stat flattening after seeing what it looks like on test? It doesn't make lower tier instances relevant. In fact, as the devs said, the lower tiers are intended to NOT be relevant after you hit a certain tier level.

Here's a bit of an example. My league has 178 people right now. I've spoke to maybe a dozen of them about these changes. Every single one of them said that they'll leave if what's on test goes live. I'm betting I'd get the same answer from 90% of the rest of the league if I spoke to them about it. Heck, one of my top VPs in the league hasn't even been on this weekend because of what I told him was on test. Said as much lol. These changes need to be executed better to actually succeed.
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LOL And you're obviously one of those players who naively think that frustration will lead to players getting magically better at their role. News flash, son. Most people won't try to get better at their role when they hit a road block. They'll just up and quit. And you're left with a game that lacks the population to keep it going. That's just the fact. That's just human nature. It still happens even now in the game. Why do you think most players don't even bother to stay long enough to even reach top tier lol? It'll be even worse if what's on test goes live as is.
  10. Makineko Committed Player

I've seen all sorts at T6. Worst I've seen was a 112cr HL dps who specced power into everything but all he did was sit back and push Triangle in the raid. Didn't even use an ounce of the power he modded to and was out damaged by everyone.
  11. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I'm gonna be completely honest. I don't see people running lower tier content after this update. There are no benefits in doing so anymore. I'm doubting anyone (or very few anyways) will be running any of the FOS or lower raids. This is going to make it harder to progress going forward for newer players, as they will most likely be limited to Solos, duos, and maybe a few alerts.

I could be wrong, and hope I am. This is just my guess though.
  12. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

I'm actually all for stat flattening so don't get me wrong there. I understand the need for it. But it needs to be handled better. It needs to be executed better, or they will just lose too many players to be able to keep the servers up.
  13. Dephyre Committed Player

And all I was simply saying, is that if 40k people all of a sudden decided to up and quit the game tomorrow, it would not hurt anyone or anything. There have been a lot of things and decisions happen to this game, and it's the same every-time, many complain and threaten to leave (not saying you did), and the rest of the game moves on. Literally its every single patch. If you don't feel that we share the same opinion about whats happening, you are entitled to that. IMHO, these changes should have been introduced 3 years ago, but again, that is my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Many players play DCUO because it is not like other MMOs. It's a not a game for just PC MMO vets it needs to appeal to players who want a more casual experience. Let's not forget that USPS pays most of the bills. If I wanted a PC MMO I have a ton more options than DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Yes, and if what's on test hits live as it is, those who come in will not be more than those who do leave. And most of those who come in will get discouraged and frustrated and leave before they even can experience the game. You're left with a much smaller population, which means lower bottom line for Daybreak, which leads to the servers shutting down. A lot of the previous changes were well received by more than those who hated them. Despite those who left over Weapons Mastery, most liked the sound of it and it brought in a slew of new players to boot. This is a vastly different change that most simply hate and it will affect the population in a much bigger way toward the negative end.

I don't inherently disagree with stat flattening. The concept is sound. But the way it's executed on test is just terrible. It needs a better execution.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jamie New Player

I haven't been on the forums for a while and haven't played the game in even longer. The final straw for me was stat clamping the seasonals. The thoughtless way that the stat clamp was implemented was just too much. I'm glad to see that the dev's are still incapable of learning and even attempting to solve problems using intelligence.
  17. Dephyre Committed Player

And I do agree with you on the execution, as I've said it should have been done ages ago. But to me it sounds like everyone wants their hands to be held. Which is not what I personally want from this game. I want the game I started playing 4 years ago, the game that had some challenge in it other than, higher health and harder hits. I quit the game because it had become stale and boring IMHO, they are making changes to some of the things I didn't like (dual currencies, I'm looking at you). Regardless of my opinion, the game has gone on, Lets be realistic here, the only thing that IS holding the game back, is a platform that's old. That's it. Nothing else holds this game back, not purposefully leaving a power OP, not changing the way stats work, nothing.
    • Like x 1
  18. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Holding hands is one thing. But I'm T6. Why should I not be able to solo a T2 raid if I wanted to? I earned the right. If a T1 player asks me to help breeze them through it, why should I not be able to help breeze them through it? People play this game differently and at different paces. No other player has the right to tell another player how he should enjoy the game. Heck, not everyone needs to actually be great for that matter to have fun with it. Not everyone I run with is a good player. In fact, some could use a lot of work. But I still have as much fun with them as I do with other good players. It's all relative. At my point in the game, there isn't much left for me, but I still play it to help others and what not and to reminisce about those old instances from time to time. I want the game to be as successful as possible for as long as possible. Do I want players to be good? Of course I do. But players don't get good over night. And some players may not be able to get as good as you want them to be. Should they be left in the cold to rot and die simply because they can't get as good as you want them to? No, they should not. They have every right to play and enjoy this game as those elite players they want to try to be like some day. This change, how it's happening, will not really make anyone better at their role. It's just gonna frustrate them more to the point where they leave. I don't want that.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.