Should Fire just get a total rehaul?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Oriole, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Oriole New Player

Fire DPS is ok could be better, but Fire tank if you like being a glass tank good for you. I personally think a rehsult should be done redo the powers and trees maybe replace the style of a self healing tank. It might not sit well with people. Right now Fire is the 5th best tank and the new tank power isn't even testing yet.
    • Like x 2
  2. Illuminating Heaven Well-Known Player

For the dps side we just need a dmg.buff for pve and.pvp
    For tank side we need a healing.buff ONLY FOR PVE
    • Like x 2
  3. metalfenix Committed Player

I left the game 3 years ago, when they nerfed fireburst back in T4 days (and my main was Fire). It seems that Fire didn't get a buff since then?
    • Like x 4
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

for fire give us a reliable mass det, help fireburst be glorious and bump up the damage on a few powers ticks. oh yes can we actually get half the power back quantum does, please?

tanking. FINE AS IS. 1st choice and viable with a real group. all fire needs is one move that makes pulling that far ad in say throne elite. ice clips inescapable storm with reflection and is safe as can be. fire at times have to wait to get the add. after 4 years this guy wont say i need anything other than what is available as a flight fire tank. we need one move that gives us a quick second or two safety. low pressure is great but you need a window unlike a couple other tanks.

if we get a move we can clip our long range aggro move with or and taunt that gives us a second then we are on par. honestly a tad op because 2 quick heals the new move and the healer has you full. it would be unkillable. fun but would get old. fire is the biggest turtle tank. that does not make them weaker but a bit less offensive. throne has been done by fire and throne elite is NOT anything to measure powers. more importantly the devs know the common thoughts about tanks and made the content. they over look things but there is always more than one way to do things. i know i love fire and my only complaint is i have to use my orbital till i can and not when i want. rage crash allows me to as does gemstone shield.

the adds in throne. easy fix would be the super charge we have going to a %25 or %35 SC. again we would be OP. if you chose fire your choseing to block alot. then block. thing is you can control the fight unlike any other tank. when you fire tank defensive or not you can dominate the field of battle. every tier that came out i rolled in as fire and rolled out with league invites. i admit after t5 i sat out this last dlc. i was ready to jump in but a fire tank i know blew through and was able to do throne early on. for me not being able to fully gear up as in t5 leaves you in a aggravating position. "everyone" questions your tanking because your under geared tanking. like doing prime in gates gear. to relive that................................... nope

the next dlc though this fire guys beating all content as fast as anyone on usps. fire tanking.
  5. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Without a range pull like Ice and Rage, I don't like playing a Fire tank. It's practically a nightmare to keep the foes around you all the time.
    • Like x 3
  6. RealGODofWar New Player

You were probably doing it wrong no offense. It's extremely easy for fire to keep the fores around them. The issue is getting the foes around them in the first place. and that issue only shows up when the target is some distance away
  7. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Yeah, I am no expert. I dropped it after three weeks. I will give it another try sooner or later, perhaps after reading a nice guide. :)
  8. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

Who needs a damage buff when you have that op healing in tank role?
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

in DPS role, Flame Cascade and Mass Detonation only need a buff like happens with Crystal and Fury. The AM is already prepared.
  10. Sionn Committed Player

It never should have been altered in the first place when it SUPPOSEDLY only getting a graphic update. Yet, that didn't happen as they said, did it? The solid meteor change was bad, FB nerf was bad, and consume objects removal was bad. They actually did nothing good for fire. Prettier graphics, whoop dee doo.

I left in disgust not long after that fiasco, but not before giving it a solid try. I came back, and switched his power to something more interesting, but I still miss the original fire power. Which was really pretty awesome.
    • Like x 1
  11. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

Yes.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zylo Committed Player

and the removal of DoT on spontaneous comdustion. why the heck do that?:confused: its feels like they have no idea what to do with fire. they make the adds hit so freaken hard to compesate for the ice defense and rage heals but fire is left out to suffer because of it. something needs to change and it needs to happen as soon as possible.
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

There is nothing wrong with fire tanking. A lot of people do not know how to play the power correctly is what the problem is.
    • Like x 7
  14. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Nothing wrong with fire tanks, just the players that chose too, and fail, to use it well, it can be punishing if mistakes are made. Two fire tanks done Elite and two got to round 15 in SM. There were also recent videos of a cr102 fire tank tanking L&W and a fire tank tanking L&W in DPS gear. I think that says it all.

An AoE range pull would be welcome for quality of life purposes though since earth is getting one. It;s PVE DPS leaves alot to be desired though, that is the main problem with fire atm.

It wasn't nerfed, it was fixed. For a long time it was hitting twice as many ticks as it should have been. But no, no buffs to speak of since then for the DPS side, just a poor AM,
    • Like x 1
  15. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Fire tanking is fun and fine. Fire DPS... well, we are always at the bottom of damage. It needs serious help and that AM is a joke.
    • Like x 2
  16. MeloMan New Player

But everyone can agree its easier getting aggro with a range aoe pull. U dont have to be as mobile. All tanks powers should have a ranged aoe pull, single taunt and 360 aoe pull. Should be the standard.
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

you understand we have 6 tiers in the books, 3 SM modes and an elite raid. FIRE HAS DONE IT ALL AS IS. the long range pull is not the issue. as defensive as we are the one thing we cant do like other powers is get that second or two of freedom.

ice has reflection
    rage has rage crash
    earth has gem stone shield

all three powers give each tank the ability to pull that far away add or drop an orbital. any home turf helper. fire we simply have to know when. if the windows not there we aint doing anything except R1. HL shield does not give us the type of help these do. its a sad second to the worst of the three options by far.

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE IMMOLATION when the beat down is to much immolation is a power we can always use. i know i am one of a very few who find use for it. only the first few runs in raids like the 1st room clowns, or nexus on the first weeks.

as far as dps cant we up the dots,buff fireburst and make mass det a bit more consistent and call it a day?
  18. ApolloMystique New Player

Not a rehaul...but it needs a lot of wotk...the am needs a significant damage buff...and we should have the option of havijg either flaming cascade, mass det, or fireburst as the finishers...flaming cascade and mass det should have the same damage potential...so basically it is the preference of the user....and fireburst should be the close range option...there should also be power back for every power (like inferno, fiery weapon, etc...finally, in dps mode, tge power that grants the am at the bottom of the tree (forgot the name) should have an instand cooldown...so that if we get interrupted, we womt have to wait, then start the entire rotation over...which KILLS power and damage...
  19. ApolloMystique New Player

Tanking needs an evrn larger health pool so that it can act as the mitigation...about 1.5- 2 times as large as you currently get
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

Fire could use some real attention, but with everything else going on, the best we can hope for is a bit of polishing like Earth and Sorcery are getting this update.

Fire's AM is inconsistent in several ways, mostly due to the way it evolved.

To correct some of the inconsistencies:
    • Absorb Heat should be mobile just like all Fire's other channeled AM powers. Cancel it by blocking rather than jumping.
    • Make the power return mechanic separate from Volatility so that you get power back whenever the blue halo is up.
    • Fireburst should build supercharge the same way that Flame Cascade and Mass Detonation do.
    • Fireburst should effectively have no cool down
    To bring Fire into line with the other AM's:
    • Add a way to light enemies on fire to the AM (Wildfire comes to mind, but you could make flame cascade inflict burning I suppose).
    • Add Fiery Weapon to the AM
    • Double the damage of Fireburst -OR- eliminate the cast time of Fireburst so that it behaves more like Arctic Gust.
    • Raise the low end of the base damage of Mass Detonation slightly
    • Make the Burning PI stack with Volatility.
    • Like x 3