GU47 Brings in Compulsory Stat Clamping - This will ruin DC Universe!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damagedealr New Player

the problem is theirs feats attatched to lower content, say some1 who needs cc bounties, cc bounties are currently hard to solo at 114 cr in test server and you have to kill 500 of them to complete that feat, imagine needing epic odyssey in wave, a feat that if you couldn't get it before at 85 cr now your able to out gear it in the live game but in test server with the way stat clamping works you will struggle with the most geared players to get such a feat.Also cant wait to see what this update does to the death proof feat in elite throne which many players still need. Their making it so that players who already have these feats will really have 0 motivation to go backwards to help anyone that needs them because the difficulty will never change with gear and actually get even harder the more geared you become it seems.
    • Like x 4
  2. Omega Boy Committed Player

It would just be too much content. If I could get the same marks equally across all raids, alerts, duos, solos, etc. I would finish every set of vendor gear as soon as it was released. Also as much fun as it would be to have full T7 from running Batcave raids, I understand why the Devs can't allow it.
  3. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

So, at full T6, I'll be KO'd out in the open world by an add that's CR80 if its meant to be group content?

DCUO...The End Is Neigh.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nightcrow New Player

OK, I misunderstood you. My point was that they have invested in their characters through renting out DLCs and we now hear the complaint: I'm legendary and I want to be able to solo raids, which is not how games work.
  5. buddah Well-Known Player

agreed
    • Like x 1
  6. Zylo Committed Player

idm the stat clamp just as long as Skill points arent effected by it and pushes stats passed the stat clamp on the mission, if the stat clamp just sets the stats to a desierd place then that is flat out stupid and makes getting Skill points pointless to get even more.
    • Like x 1
  7. Thewoe Well-Known Player

After 4 years and the dev's are still changing main parts of the game, It should be solid by now and its not. Its ridiculous that adds in a T2 raid will now 1 shot a full T6/T7 player.

The end is neigh indeed.....
    • Like x 1
  8. Omega Boy Committed Player

I'd really like to see a video of a group at the appropriate CR to get marks trying one of these raids.
    • Like x 1
  9. Omega Boy Committed Player

I'm anti stat clamping. This isn't exactly that. It's stat flattening which may be necessary, but it does look like they either went overboard with the flattening or overtuned the NPCs. I do not like the way this appears to be on test (taking the testers word-I'm PS). That said, I'm not judging until we get the dev's response on Monday to find out if this is even intentional. The sky may indeed be falling or it could just be an acorn.

I will agree that it seems sketchy to just drop this in the patch notes after having dev discussions informing us about loot & mark changes. This affects everything and is at least as important.
    • Like x 3
  10. BlackIce Level 30

If i get "stat clamped" in low T2 / T3 Alerts and Raids and the Bounties, then i want to have the full marks reward for the content.
    It can't be that with Cr111 or Cr124, that i get one shoted in a easy T2 raids, have to search for hours in LFG to get a full group of people to get the raid done and then get no 10 Marks of Victory at all at the end.

That is forcing "stat clamping" through the backdoor on all players, regardless if you want it or not.

And to the players cheering , that there finally will be challenging content. How often will you do a low level bounty or a low level raid, when you get no loot at all? How often will you really do it, because it is challenging? once, twice?
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

It is when we have earned the right to smash lower content, we've geared up and we've earned that gear.

There is no logical reason why we shouldn't be able to smash that content if we so choose as it proves how far we've come as a character.

If we walk in to an instance and smash it to pieces, how does that affect anyone else? I understand we don't want to ruin other peoples experience, but smashing content by ourselves just because we can, doesn't matter too you.

Also it's disgraceful that they're expecting us to run lower tier content for styles and feats, not receive marks from doing so; so we're already effectively getting no reward, yet the difficulty is worse, we've earned the right to make that difficulty easy.

Notwithstanding any of the reasoning above; and this is also something you can't change or argue against, is that Syptle categorically stated that we would NOT BE FORCED into running Stat clamped content,

that is clearly a lie, when you consider what's on test. There is nothing you can say to argue against that, even if you support stat clamping, it is clear the majority the community don't support stat clamping and that was clearly stated when spytle made that previous post.
    • Like x 11
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Sweet mother of god!

This is horrible! :eek:
    • Like x 1
  13. Biester New Player

What has happened is everyone has gotten used to a broken system of progression and now that the system is finally being fixed players are angry. You're OP, you have been for a very long time, and now that you are not you are feel betrayed.

It's the nature of mmos. Dcuo is the only game I have ever played to where one player can solo an 8-man raid. This should never happen in an mmo. So everyone who is claiming that they will leave because they can no longer one-shot raid bosses, peace out. Go play a different mmo, but keep this in mind, they all stat clamp too.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

and your answer to the fact that the creative director said this would not happen is...
    • Like x 3
  15. Biester New Player

Technically, he never said it wouldn't happen. He said you would never be FORCED to run stat clamped content. Are you being forced to run the FoSs?
  16. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I think I have every right to feel that way, if I'm stat-clamped for old content, while at the same time getting NO marks for it, but still having to pay the FULL price for that gear, which doesn't even give the same amount of prestige when donating.

My only reason to run old raids is for styles. No one else runs those raids anymore, so I just go in and solo them.
    With our stats being clamped, you can't do this anymore. But at the same time no-one else will join, who doesn't need styles either, because they don't even geat marks. So why should anyone else join?

The best way would be to make the stat-clamping optional and lower the gear prices for outgeared tiers massively.

Alternative:
    Clamp our stats, but give us full reward, if the difficulty is the same anyway as with the appropriate CR.
    But if they automatically clamp our stats, then they can remove gear-stats and CR-progression alltogether and just make it style-feats, like it is more or less allready in PVP.
    • Like x 6
  17. Omega Boy Committed Player

I'm guessing Spytle's answer will be that this isn't stat clamping because it isn't. (I don't like what's currently on test either, but it's not stat clamping).
  18. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

It might be a bug though, considering Tunso's post states it's only for NPCs that have a higher CR than the player. So constantly calling out Spytle and calling him a liar is a bit much.
    • Like x 3
  19. buddah Well-Known Player

It is not stat clamping because our stats are not effected when we enter the content. That being said the idea of stat flattening is to make the stats more even throughout the game. But, There is no reason though that a cr 94 NPC should be doing massive amounts of damage to a cr 124 toon. I think that if we are going to have a harder time fighting a NPC with a higher cr than ours then the it should also be the same for a NPC with a lower cr to kill us.
    • Like x 2
  20. Xanoth Dedicated Player

I'd support that.

Forced stat clamp... yeah not so much.

It only kills the game for low CR players, yet with a lot of posters having zero compassion/empathy for anyone that isn't themselves getting enough support against it could be tough, as per the mark consolidation changes. To many that aren't affected or benefit don't care about the bigger picture and those that are negatively impacted.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.