Work In Progress What's Next For DCUO: New Plans For Future Episodes.

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

With one Mark, we can't let progression become trivialized by every piece of content rewarding the same Marks. That said, very old content is already rewarding virtually no marks due to how Triumph inflates, and more recent but still older content is accounted for with the changes to recurring unlock costs and how much content is fully relevant.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, no change there.
  3. true New Player

What will initial Mainframe unlocks and boosts (recurring unlocks) cost?

Unlocks for the Orbital Strike, 25
    Supply Drop, 25
    Tactical Mods all cost 25 Marks of Victory. 25
    Sidekicks cost 5 and 20 Marks of Victory 25
    Backup/Henchmen cost 10 and 25 Marks of Victory 35
    =135 initial cost
    or do orbit,supply, tactical, cost 25*2? making initial cost 210

The new boosts cost 7 Marks of Victory.
    +7each
    * 5 boosts
    =35 every 2 months

What will the cap be on Marks of Victory?

Is this all correct? seems kinda confusing.
  4. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

CONFIRMED: Jens will personally oversee new DCUO content to coincide with the re-introduction of the classic Justice Society of America in the comics this summer with the Convergence event because he LOVES the JSA! :p:p:p
    [IMG]

Hey! I can dream, can't I? ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

People worried about only getting MoV from the 6th month window of content they are in, are worrying about nothing. Here is the Math, estimation but feel confident it is fairly close. Full set of Vendor gear for three months costs approximately 200 MoV a month....give or take a few here or there depending what is being introduced that month.

For a sample of 6th month content here is what you can earn,
    Daily
    Solo-3 MoV
    Duo- 6MoV
    Vault-1MoV
    Alerts-10MoV

This is 20MoV per Day=140 MoV per week+ 3-4 Raids=170-180MoV per week, not counting lockboxes. It is possible to have the entire months worth of gear purchased after 1.5 weeks. That will leave you with roughly 400 or so MoV to use on whatever you want, Mainframe, rare styles,.......per month. There is no need to run older content for MoV. You won't need them and can't keep more than 100 anyway.

Also, those complaining that new players aren't going to enjoy having to run content without having a 100+ player in there to help.......I managed to bring my toon up just fine when there was no such thing as a 100+ player to help me. They will manage just fine, just like everyone who has been here for any length of time has.

Just because we are at end game doesn't make us special. If we figured out how to get here without over geared players helping us out, new players can as well.

I like the changes. I am excited about the changes.
    • Like x 1
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I like this change for the most part.

Pros

- More content, more frequently
    - More relevant content
    - More elite
    - No more crazy upkeep
    - Lots of content variety

Cons

- Leveling up
    - Severely diminished relevance for content that already had limited relevance for endgame players
    - Premium confusion
    - Potential bug issues (If the Throne fiasco happened when only throne was available, I'd be very upset)

I just want the combat to be the next major thing that changes and I'll be good to go.
    • Like x 1
  7. Vanlock New Player

you know after reading this more... I have to say..i feel bad for you Meps..I mean your still a butt muncher for unintentionally killing me when you spawned some adds in the park :p ..but many of the comments here seemed to be from from panicked people!.

that said I still think this will be an unpopular update or add on...but I'm a pessimist everything is going to be Horrid until it happens and its not :p but that's just me...
  8. candiFloss Active Player

So, If i have never finished any of the top end elite raids, does that mean i can not progress onto the next level of gear and content?
    I have been playing this game for nearly 4 years, have been a subbed up member for most of that time, i have enjoyed all the content. But I am not prepared to run low end content, just for the hell of it. I have all the gear from that content, the base items are boring and not worth farming.
    essentially it means i will only run boring top end content with elitist players who have no patience or compassion. And to be honest it appears as if the new owners of DCUO are encouraging elitism, within the game.
    I am honestly considering leaving when this comes into play. Sadly i feel my time on DCUO is coming to an end.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

Wait, so you are saying that Alerts and Raids will now drop the same level gear, better gear than you can get from the vendor? That's interesting.
    • Like x 2
  10. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Where are you getting 4 raids per month from?
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As before, vendor-purchased gear is what is required to progress onward at a minimum. And, you are still able to earn marks in non-elite content, in anything relevant to you, so the fear there is misplaced.
    • Like x 2
  12. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Here is the thing though mepps. Right now ONLY VERY VERY old content is trivialized. Just plain old content like Gates and Prime and Nexus and Dox still have relevance and all the t6 raids like necro,artifacts, league hall, LaW, and the current raids were going to be very relevant still thanks to the monthly boxes and amount of triumph they would've rewarded. Now after this NONE of this content will be relevant. So before it was slowly making things irrelevant, now you are instantly making them irrelevant as soon as you hit that maximum cr. This means content becomes irrelevant even faster than it is now. It's a very very very bad change. To be clear though this is my only issue with every thing posted. I have been wanting monthly content for awhile now. The current dlc structure had everything becoming stale about a month before the next content came out. This will ensure everything is fresh........it will just make sure everything that isn't new spoils faster.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think per month may not be the best wording. At any given time, you will have 4 raids relevant to you. Two from the current cycle, two from the last.
    • Like x 4
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I would love a JSA dlc how could you not love the golden age heroes.
    • Like x 1
  15. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

I'm really excited about these changes, especially....
    "• More collaboration with DC/WB.
    o As we are not locked in to a large Episode, we will be better able to jump onto opportunities DC Comics and Warner Bros. present to us, to tie in with what’s going on in the greater DC Comics world out there.
    o In fact, when this new plan launches one of the first pieces of content will be one of these opportunities. We’re so happy our partners at DC are working with us on this new direction. We know you’re going to love it!"

My primary concern is the anticipation of having to deal with the "bugs" we seem to get at every new update and release. It would seem that with these changes the Community is going to have to put up with constant bugs and glitches, as opposed to having to deal with them at larger intervals. Has the team at Daybreak Games planned for or do you guys anticipate such a potential issue? Or will these smaller episode releases actually reduce some of the bug issues?

Have you guys considered role specific gear being tradeable to other characters on the same account? Or would this just be considered a trivialization of aquiring gear?

And finally, I hope that at least one of the Solo releases, within the 6 month period is a Legends Solo-storyline.

Thanks to everbody at Daybreak Games for having the courage and vision to Go-Big!
    Off Topic: I don't care what anybody says--Munitions ROCKS!
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We just can't balloon out mark rewards like that in the single currency system without progression being completely trivialized. We have made adjustments to how much content is fully relevant and removed symbols as part of this change, overall.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The current T6 alerts shouldn't take more than 20 minutes, or if you're really bad, maybe thirty minutes, each, to complete. If you're struggling, you'll get better with practice, like everyone else (who doesn't quit) does.

Given the way you describe your struggling, I recommend finding a good league with top-level players to give you tips and coach you, and you'll soon be doing the content at the same speed any decent player plays at.
  18. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I can still see some High CR people running Coast City, Oan Scicencells, Stryker's Island, Arkham, ACE chemicals, and some others due to the rare style drops that they sometimes do.

With this rapid progress, people are going to come back to the older stuff and hope for style drops. I've seen several groups form for a style run on raids and alerts.

The rare style vendor still doesn't sell all the styles.

How much are the prefab mods going to cost?

I also see one currency was untouched by this. Prestige. If you are in a league, running the content will grant prestige for the League. That will eventually help the entire League out.

Then there are people who have had a really bad day and want to pound on something and thus the lower level tiers are excellent.
  19. SilhouetteBlade Level 30

How many tiers below your current CR can you go before you won't receive marks?

Through temporary membership I raised my character to the Tier 6B range, but the highest DLC I have access to as a premium player is War of the Light I (Tier 5). Will I no longer be able to earn marks until I get more episodes?

Edit: I think I found my answer :(

• Tier 1 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 0 – 42
    • Tier 2 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 43 – 52
    • Tier 3 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 53 – 69
    • Tier 4 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 70 – 83
    • Tier 5 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 84 – 99
    • Tier 6A - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 100 – 108
    • Tier 6B - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 106 – 116
  20. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I believe this would have been a more appropriate response :p

[IMG]
    • Like x 2