Elite Alerts will be good for Roles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LeagueOfV, Apr 9, 2015.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I stopped playing the current alerts about a month ago when I had a full set of vendor 99 healer gear. I like alerts but I don't have much time each week, so now I just run the raids and hope for a 100 drop (zero my last 3 raids :().

What I really enjoy about the alerts is that for the first few weeks or even 1 month, I always got 1-1-1-1 groups. For both WotL2 and AF2 I could random queue and get a good 1-1-1-1 group. I've only had maybe 2 times in 50+ groups where the person wouldn't switch to the role they queued for. People in LFG have also been good about forming 1-1-1-1 groups in the first few weeks. With new content every month, I think the chance for 1-1-1-1 groups will remain high until the new content drops. And then people will start with 2 or more DPS in the alerts as the gear gets better.

I don't know if the new plan will help changing 5-1-1-1 raids, but at least I am optimistic about the alerts and elite alert.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

If they make this tier as hard as T5 first was you can expect 1-1-1-1 or if they want to make the raid impossible to beat expect 4 tanks, 2 dps, 1 troll, 1 healer
    • Like x 2
  3. Couzintony New Player

I love the idea of expert alerts...
  4. SilverwingsZOE New Player

uh nope,have to deal against something like TD when WM was still new for a couple of feats is a nope

Get in 12 mins later get out with marks,anything past 15 minutes or is a raid with pugs or is a stupid T6 challenge,Oolong,A51,Smallville,Catwoman solo,Akham,Strykers and whatever takes too much time for little to zero rewards
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

enough with Elite....please
    • Like x 3
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

are they introducing expert alerts? or is this a idea your pitching in hopes they do?

because this is awesome if they are doing it :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Delta795 New Player

They announced it
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

when where?
  9. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Announcements section?
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Here is the link:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...or-dcuo-new-plans-for-future-episodes.249158/

I'm definitely not a fan of TD, I always get lost and have to catch up to the group. I even switched from acro to flight at T6. The first few weeks of both WotL2 and AF2 were great for the alerts at 1-1-1-1. After that I'm fine with 2 DPS groups if the group is geared.
  11. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

Im looking forward to them aswell I just hope they improve the lockout system they have now for the raids moving forward.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I liked TD, the 1 person who suggested skip adds, was always the 1st to die when trying to skip adds lol
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm an alert player. I like hearing about Elite Alerts. I have yet to find any alert I have played challenging, other than when I was way undergeared for ICW...Other than than one run I have not run into any challenging alerts...

Heck my Earth Tank, yeah I said Earth, when she was barely CR 106 got through Zamarzon day 1 without any trouble. I still hear some players that are 113 have issues passing that alert. Go figure...
  14. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

I'm kind of over the elite concept after seeing how drops worked for this one. an elite alert just divides people further for no reason.

The concept of elite in a game like this is odd because everything is harder undergeared, everything is easier geared.
    survival mode is the only real 'elite' thing we need, i'd rather cycled 4 man survivals.
  15. Van_Gho Committed Player

FINALLY, I hate raids but alerts, that's gold
  16. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

I find this interesting. I like the idea just really waiting to see how its going to work out. I guess once it comes out I'll come back from my break.
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm looking forward to elite alerts. Unless someone is soloing a raid, alerts are really where you can check out a players skill level because there isn't another support role their to help them or cover up flaws. That goes for healing, power out, taunting, damage, power efficiency. Even in alerts, you can tell efficient dps from the non efficient. Like dps, who don't use or have power back mechanics, who bring in rotations supported by 2 controllers into 4 man content. So in the end, everyone picks up something to get better at if they're are open to improve.

I'm mostly looking forward to the elite alerts because it's usually in alerts that we have more special NPCs that do specific attacks. Only recently did they bring these enemies back in raid content as high level threats. Like Healing, shielding, debuffing, controlling, and that all requires Controllers to control them. Tanks too, but these special NPCs are usually able to be controlled for longer than 3 seconds. So these NPCs are more suited for Controllers to deal with. Hopefully they continue to add more special type NPCs.
    • Like x 1
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I like the idea of elite alerts, make it more fun. Sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motion running them. Once you get better gear, and the feats no reason to run them after that.
  19. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

These are really great points. I find people in alerts work together better, and everyone does everything, pick ups, levers, stays together better. Raids can be chaotic. When you have a great DPS in an alert it really shows. I had runs the first few days of AF2 that would take less than 20 minutes with great DPS players, and runs that would take over 40 min with not so great ones.
  20. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

I'd rather 4 man survival that elite alerts.

I still don't think it will prove anything and will have the same using more of a role to get by.

like 4 tank elite throne.