High CR ruining lower levels. Please help with Raids/instances/duos

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rawlings42, Apr 7, 2015.

1. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

I am going to limit my scope to the last 3 months but the issue has been going on for much longer. High CR players queuing for lower content is killing the fun of the end game. I have many alts through many stages of development/rank. On my Batgirl she is Tier 3 and hasn’t played a decent instance yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just taking Oa as an example every time it has been me and 3 other players over 100 CR. I have a toon over that level and I understand there are grind feats………but we need a way that going for those feats that doesn’t ruin everyone else’s play and keeps the levels meaningful. I mean to be honest when I am grinding out feats on my Tier 6 it is god awful boring because he is too powerful for the level to be challenging. I don’t want it to be easy, it should present at least a little challenge, and I shouldn’t override everyone else just because I want to earn 10 FP.

I want there to be a benefit to being higher within a Tier but that should be limited to a point. A beginning Tier anything is lower than someone just about to leave that tier. That should be carried over when you leave the tier.

We need stat clamps on lower tiers. IF you are above Tier you should of course come in to your instance as maxed out as possible but WITHIN THAT TIER. I realize this would limit some of my toons as well. However I am tired of queuing for anything but the last dropped DLC levels and not even being able to touch a bad guy before CR100+ comes ripping through a Tier 2 mission.

If the DEVs want people to continue to play and for new players or heck even players playing alts then this issue NEEDS to be addressed.

(On a side note this leads to a lot of complaining on the boards about lower players getting ‘free rides’, but half the time that isn’t their fault. And most of the people complaining have no problem ‘helping/ruining’ lower level content for people appropriate to that Tier. But WHOA if someone new to a tier comes into a high level instances. Then let the hate spew…………..)
    • Like x 6
  2. ChuckLess New Player

So long as we have a way to walk into any instance we want (with anything from 1 - 8 players and CR appropriate), I have no issue with stat clamping.
    • Like x 21
  3. Delta795 New Player

THIS^^^^
    • Like x 6
  4. ILike2Vape Well-Known Player

Amen! STILL waiting for this :(
    • Like x 3
  5. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

I could certainly see that as a compromise. If you want it easy or say the challenge is doing it sols then fine. I understand the hard work and play that goes into getting those tiers, but I also want the game to be fun for new players and my alts as I level them.
    • Like x 1
  6. dozer New Player

Stop playing the victim & crying about this, just make your own group & solve your own problem.
    • Like x 14
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I see this argument in every thread on this topic. The players who want to steam roll the content should make the groups, not the other way around. Newer players are new (imagine that) and do not know people (I know, what a concept), so they queue for content and lose out on the experience. Veterans have been in the game long enough to have friends to queue with. Play with those friends, please.
    • Like x 13
  8. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

This isn't as huge an issue as it's made out to be.

you want stat clamps because you're low cr for maybe this week.

Next 2 weeks you'll be in the 70's 80's possible on tier at 111, I really doubt you'll want your stats clamped.

Also try running anything that doesn't have iconic drops that sell for over a million a piece and just wait on the queue times.
    • Like x 9
  9. Fivluih New Player

That is all fine but what about que times? Did you think about how long it takes to que up for lower tiered instances already? Just imagine how much longer it will take when no one at a certain cr will que up with you anymore. That's the only big problem I see!
    • Like x 5
  10. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I've been paired up with players within 5-10 levels high/low my own CR pretty consistently lately, it's been pretty cool having to think in the content when not steam rolling it on my stronger characters
    • Like x 1
  11. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

If you guys want to go back to 2 hour fos 2's be my guest, I love seeing things I use to struggle with now being completed quickly.
    it shows that im actually progressing and makes i feel like im advancing in someway regardless of how meaningless most of this actually is in the grand scheme
    • Like x 6
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Still waiting on that walkin to any instance teleporter. I say bring on the stat clamp and bring the walkin teleporter( unclamped) with it.

You have to look at it from a gameplay standpoint. Do you really want your tanks, troller, healers learning their roles at endgame content because they didnt do anything while climbing CR because high end players came and destroyed everything before they even had a chance to throw POT, HOT, 1 pull.
    • Like x 8
  13. Van_Gho Committed Player

I would still be stuck in kahndaq if it wasn't for some kind healer keeping us new folks standing upright waaaaaay back then

if i didn't already have a main at end game and was just starting, I would quit just based on nobody playing the older content
    • Like x 1
  14. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

Like I said at the beginning, I have toons through all Tiers, and I WANT STAT clamping. It isn't fun to run through content with no 'danger' because everything I hit is two tiers below me. And also as I said it would still be 'easy' as long as you a 'clamped' at the top of that Tiers stats, just not like a bulldozer in a china shop while everyone else has to use hammers.

Great so I can stand there for 5 minutes with a mob and then knock everyone out with one power......that's a lot of fun........

I do think a compromise of perhaps Walk-In or something like would be acceptable. But no just because I move up a Tier doesn't mean I want everything prior to be 'Super Easy' .
    • Like x 3
  15. Morcra Committed Player

yeah i got to agree. with u. sometimes its nice. they dont destroy everything and actually try to help andbnot help themselves.

but i remember once. i qued up on league of assassins and there was this high tier celes.

he didn't want our help and told us to stay out of fights. or else he wud leave :v he rushed over the adds all the way to the boss making it near impossible for is to reach ras.
  16. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

No, people who want to play a particular way should make a group. That goes for anybody at any tier. If you care don't queue.
    • Like x 5
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Feat farming is playing a particular way. I do not understand your post. You disagree with me, and then you proceed to agree with me. :confused:
    • Like x 3
  18. WithTeeth2Hurt New Player

I ran all the T2 and T3 duos last night with a variety of other players. Some seemed please to get the speed feat, others didnt. I did send a group message at the beginning of each run asking if they wanted me to remove some gear as a courtesy as to not blow through the scenario. Out of 10 duo runs, I got not one single response. If they had an issue, they werent speaking up.I have every right to play lower tier content in the game. 114 or 76, if I can't walk in the content, I will darn sure que up for it. I still need styles and some of them are just fun to run. I understand that some lower tiers dont want a higher tier in them but I think the amount is pretty low. Plus, they will be running that content many times and will most likely be getting people at their tier in many cases.
    • Like x 4
  19. WithTeeth2Hurt New Player

Also, on a side note, I randomely que for Nexus last night. All 85's and 86's. I put on my mic and walked them through it to help. No one got on their mic but I was happy to tell them what we were doing as we went through it with my higher gear. They had wiped numerous times before I joined but still not learned the mechanics of the run. I was happy to help and didnt feel bad with my higher gear and advise them of the mechanics of the run. I feel at 114 and up, there is no reason you cant run lower content but also help out the people in the runs if they are open to it and receptive.
    • Like x 2
  20. Couzintony New Player

Yea I agree... Make it so I don't have to run T2 content for that stupid style drop....

A Cr clamp is cool as long as I still have an option to go in there as a 114...
    • Like x 2