DLC Trilogies we need.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Seismicfesr, Mar 31, 2015.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Umm...there are PLENTY of Marvel fans on DCUO. There are dozens of Marvel based leagues with hundreds of members in most of them. They're here already...
    • Like x 1
  2. Couzintony New Player

Batman beyond dlc...
    • Like x 1
  3. Stamen Dedicated Player

SPACE GHOST!
  4. bull425 Well-Known Player

A stand alone with a solo, duo, alert and raid I think would be a great way to get more DC characters involved. It could be a contained story, and be done with the raid. Of course, you could run it in any order you want, but have the story flow from let's say the raid, to an alert to a duo, and then finally the solo or reverse that. Maybe even throw in a "gasp" iconic as well. That would be a great way to do it I think.
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

We need Atlantis DLC
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

And explorable atlantis
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Vyltran Loyal Player

With these pictures, water powers are 101% confirmed.

It should be funnierr doing these instances on underwater..

If we have teleports for Necropolis, why not for Atlantis.
    • Like x 3
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Okay, after thinking a bit, these are my top 5 Episode wants:

1. Gotham Gang War: A continuation/conclusion to the story begun in the 1 - 30 leveling content.
    - A pristine (unbottled) version of Open World Gotham for solo missions
    - Addition of Clocktower and Iceberg Lounge as shared staging points / Alert locations
    - Addition of Black Mask and Batwing. More to do for Hush, Batwoman, the Question and other under-used Gotham Iconics
    - A Birds of Prey instance
    - An instance on Santa Prisca (the source of the Venom storyline)
    - An instance in Wayne Manor

2. Black Adam's Quest: A continuation/conclusion of Black Adam's quest to revive Isis
    - Addition of Khandaq and The Rock of Eternity as shared staging points / Alert locations
    - Addition of Captain Marvel Jr, Mary Marvel, Osiris and the Monster Society of Evil. More to do for Captain Marvel/Shazam.
    - Open World Fawcett City (ala Central City)
    - Instance in Nanda Parbat (with Deadman cameo)

3. Atlantis: A continuation of the Atlantean Civil War storyline
    - Addition of Open World Atlantis (ala Gotham Wasteland) Different factions at each end of city - ongoing battle for territory
    - Addition of Black Manta, Tempest and Aqualad (Jackson Hyde). More to do for Aquaman, Mera and Ocean Master
    - Beachfront incursions in Metropolis (like the Lightning Strikes Vortices)
    - An instance in Xebel (Mera's home dimension)

4. The 31st Century: An all-new story with the Legion of Super-Heroes and the Fatal Five
    - Addition of 31st Century Metropolis Open World area complete with Legion HQ
    - Addition of many many new Iconics from the 31st century - both hero and villain
    - Trips to Braal, Winath and Daxam
    - Instance in Takron-Galtos
    - A version of The Great Darkness saga (Darkseid Round 2!) and/or a showdown with a Sun-Eater

5. The Crime Syndicate: An all-new story focusing on an infamous parallel world
    - On Earth 3, Heroes are Villains and Villains are Heroes - mentors would be switched, heroes would be outlaws, etc.
    - Alternate versions of Iconics
    - Introduction of Crime Syndicate of Amerika
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They're not allowed to use Batman Beyond, they said their licence doesn't cover it. Although...Mepps did say they renewed the licence just before SOE became Daybreak, I wonder if they made any adjustments to it to cover new characters.
  10. Couzintony New Player

Oh I know... But we still need it for a dlc... Lolz
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This is the easiest to do by far. The devs already have all the enemy character builds and powers in the game; they would just need new character skins. All the locations are already in the game; they would just need to redress them like Hollywood would do to a backlot.

Going outside that, it would be an opportunity to do something more with Qward which DC has sometimes presented as being in the Crime Syndicate Earth 3 reality (Qward being the alternate reality version of Green Lantern home world Oa). And with Qward and the Crime Syndicate in the mix, the Anti-Monitor and a Crisis wouldn't be far behind (the son of Earth 3 Lex Luthor being the man meant to take down that villain).

A full-on Crisis type story is probably the next story best suited to an MMO. Darkseid came with Parademons as ready made mobs. The Anti-Monitor comes with Shadow Demons.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Demons
  12. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Aquaman for 2015-2016 :(:)
    [IMG]
  13. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

[IMG]

...but since that's not happening...

[IMG]

Selfishly, of course, I just want them.
    However, using them still offers you a lot of flexibility.

If for whatever reason you can't tie them into Superboy, you can always use Superman or Supergirl, who both have ties to them (for anyone less familiar with the LoSH).
    Time Trapper would be an ideal villain, but not necessary since they have the technology to time travel themselves. Mordru; Fearsome Five; Degaton; Vandal Savage; the Great Darkseid drool Saga; throw in whatever villain you want and have access to, really. Using them would give you an instant doorway to other times & dimensions. We could go backwards in time to Sgt. Rock, Blackhawks, Enemy Ace & Haunted Tank. Forward in time (alternate timeline?) to Kamandi. Across dimensions to established Elseworlds like Justice Riders; Red Son; Gotham by Gaslight...or your own creations like the ones you gave us in OC (which I still think you did an awesome job in designing your own alternates. They feel like DC comics to me. Moreso than the nu52).

I'm still holding hope you give us a taste of the LoSH before the server shuts down and the lights turn off.

...and all due respect to Lil Sis, one of my favorite forum posters (and she reminds me a bit of my little sister), and I generally agree with everything she says, but...
    I'll always always always choose the Dave Cockrum designs from the "Superboy and the..." era.

[IMG]

C'mon.
    You know you want to rock out in Phantom Girl bell-bottoms.
    And Princess Projectra? Yowza.
  14. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

A JSA vs. Injustice Society Trilogy

[IMG]

And with the ultimate uber-boss to defeat by both factions being Johnny Sorrow as he tries to release the King of Tears upon the world

[IMG]

I would think that Sorrow would be an awesomely tough Raid boss, since his powers are that most of the time he is immaterial and cannot be harmed by conventional means, except when he takes off his mask he becomes vulnerable and unleashes this:

[IMG]

The game mechanic could be that anything less than a Tank who is doing everything right as far as their role would be one-shotted if they were stupid enough to be in front of him whenever he unmasks, unless they completely turn away and block / shield right at the moment when his true appearance is visible.
  15. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I have no idea why they haven't messed with the Marvels and Black Adam. There is still that open ending in the Kandaq raid.

Brainiac would go after the Rock of Eterenity, since it is connected to the multiverse.

Ozmoo, IBAC, Sabbac, King Kull, Sivana, Mr. Mind, Isis, Osiris, Black Adam, Mister Atom

Ibis, Bulletman, Kid Eternity, The Marvel Family(Captain, Mary, Junior, Uncle) Okay the last one...^_^
    • Like x 1
  16. BrotherMutant New Player

That's racist...white martian invasion sounds mean. :p
    kidding, not very clear on the white martians though, other than Miss martian being one that is. Are they considered bad guys?
  17. Karneeleuscentras New Player

Not sure if Vertigo stuff is mostly creator owned or what, but a Sandman DLC would be neat. Going into all the worlds established in that series, fighting The Corinthian . Sandman had my favorite take on Dr. Destiny, has he been in the game at all?
  18. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Agreed, I enjoy the Superman Final Mission for similar reasons. Lex makes an enjoyable villain, anything involving Circe makes me roll my eyes and space out until I can kill something, preferably her without her speaking.

I also somewhat like the Light stuff, yet as we're unlikely to get a full spectrum including black and white as powers and such, it would be best if things just stopped there. I have a real dislike for any game that flaunts the NPCs are special, look at all the things they get that you the player don't, look at their powers and weapons and attacks you'll never get. It's just a good job this game has that going both ways and remains fun, or I'd have my back up too much to keep playing ;) That and letting players fly generates a lot of good will with me.
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Birds of Prey v. Secret Six
  20. Disruptor Well-Known Player

Since Munitions is based on Sgt. Rock. How about a trilogy based on the World War I & II characters. Easy Company, Haunted Tank, Blackhawks, Enemy Ace, The Losers, and so on.
    • Like x 1