non stop crashes since GU46

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by fitzwilkinson, Mar 26, 2015.

1. fitzwilkinson New Player

its random, but its happened when i was just afk or loading into an instance or finishing a quest. i also get a command prompt about a steam crash report but no useful information is there.
  2. beardrive Committed Player

Welcome to Exobit farming 46 for the next week or so. 8 crashes yesterday, 8 crashes today. Is your game actually damaging my PS3 from repeatedly corrupting the operating system? It's not a trimpot issue. It's your game and your game only. I've spent more time rebooting and rebuilding the corrupted file system than in actually completing raids and instances. Let me explain. I get into one, Error out, then get kicked because people don't know the next week will be filled with 50/50 crashes of successful play for about an hour or 15 seconds. I then go back in to have the first/second sub-boss loot locked for those hard levels, for which I get one or two Symbols Of Myth, or none if I error out before. Then I get to waste time going back through those hard levels to find inadequately matched players (because the term "matchmaking" is a random and inaccurate one)--that would be an issue, if indeed it didn't crash again. Since I paid for it, I'm not even sure what to do anymore. Most of my two days have been spent surfing the internet while it takes ten minutes to reboot, rebuild, then re-load DCUO.

If I had some way of using exchanging those completely useless marks of power, of which I've had a hundred of for a few weeks now, for Symbols Of Myth I might be OK with it. But since the game has become absurdly hard (To keep cr115's and 116's from unsubscribing in droves) we have to bear the brunt of basically "more booster gold boxes." Why don't I stop playing it then? I shouldn't have to. I paid for it, and I'm going to play it and have some reasonable expectation that it will be stable while I do so.

I just wish you kept a log for every time it crashed so you could use the e-mail feature to e-mail us our MOT, MOF, or SOM or whatever currency is making the game more confusing and untenable to continue with when we lose it because of erroring out. My name is Branthar (I'm the cr112 where cr103's smoke me as a DPS because I apparently suck and only have 92 SP). Please go and look at my error-fest. It won't surprise, but perhaps will amuse you. It's certainly not amusing me. There's nothing like hard work for nothing.

My biggest problem is carrying weaker players through levels they wouldn't be able to get through without help (Because the "recommended level" system is a total joke--NO one it completing Nexus with four cr108's except devs who have hacked it), erroring out, knowing they're going to toast alone and not get their MOT to advance.

This was a lot, You will either do something with it, or you won't. Either way I feel not better, but relieved someone might be reading this, even if the devs don't.

For every crashed level please give the rewards out to the people who crashed. I'm sure you know how they are. I personally have about 16 coming to me.

Thanks for at least briefly scanning this, if indeed you have.
    • Like x 2
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

my usps3 has been freezing all of yesterday and the little bit i was on today. last freeze was 20 min ago.
    • Like x 2
  4. beardrive Committed Player

Hi, i crashed 8 times two days ago, and another 8 times yesterday. Today I crashed 5, and when was in Nexus of Reality just now because I errored out it has dropped me back into it. Everyone has gone, I teleport out and I still tells me to go there. I use the "Leave group" option in the menu and it tells me I "You are not allowed to leave this group while doing this group content." I went and did another task in Gotham Under Siege, and not only did it not show me the arrows in the on screen map (I knew where to go to finish the content), when I finished the task it continued to tell me to "Go to nexus of reality." My Queue for group content is now LOCKED in that On Duty menu, and I can't uncheck the Nexus tick-box and update it. PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THIS INSTANCE. I am BRANTHAR. Thanks!
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

You encountered the linkdead bug. Read about it in the bugtracker.

Log to character select and back in again. This will fix the in duty.
  6. Doom Patroller Active Player

I'm also suffering from repeated crashes during game since GU 46. USPS server, on PS3. It has happened a dozen times over already, it's too annoying.

An expeditious fix would be very much appreciated, it has been occurring long enough, don't you think?
    • Like x 2
  7. butaalinmarian New Player

8. beardrive Committed Player

Thank you very much for that! I shall do it the next time it happens. I woke up and it was fixed today, but my items were all mixed up. ;-) .
  9. beardrive Committed Player

I'm glad they have known issues now! Rather than posting them as a list, today from 11 am until 12:30 am, about 12 hours playing on and off I crashed a total of twelve times, mostly in raids, 3 times just standing there. I hope they fix it soon. I'm going nuts. It takes about 8 minutes from crash to OS rebuild to game load and character load. That's 96 minutes of repairs today alone, 64 yesterday, and 64 the day before. About 3.5 hours of rebuilding/loading in 3 days. Ouch.
  10. DUDADIDADU New Player

Lol Mepps we need to wait 03.04.2015 for you to fix the ps3 game? this is not possible...after gu46 couldnt play....another thing.6 ToD ELITE onley 98 gear ,and we pay ^^
    ..why you give 98 gear in ELITE raid?
  11. sergey334 New Player

tell me what the problem is, I did not get things to buy for signs treumpfa, although only hvotaet to buy !!
  12. beardrive Committed Player

Complimentary Symbols of Myth and cr100 gear for GU46 multi-crashers!? Whuuut? AWESOME! THANKS!

Yup--not the crappy and useless marks of war, which I'm red-lining a 100 of and can't really use, not symbols of light as they're pretty useless too at this point, and certainly NOT marks of triumph!

I am a PS3 loser who is not rich enough to buy a PS4 and so GU46 consistently corrupts my operating system, however I am a paid subscriber to DCUO. I cannot do a portion of a level and error out, go back in and do it over and over again hoping to be rewarded for the levels I couldn't complete because the player base isn't advanced enough and the matchmaking system so flawed.* And yes, I'm the guy going through lower levels to help others who have helped me so many times in the past (Read—Inner sanctum 4-player alert blows w/o a 100+cr at the helm helping out)

*(Power Core Expert raid=Me as dps 110cr, no others to help with the split when it happens, and SEVEN other dps's!? Clearly I walked)

This is how I am personally helping to destroy the game, for which I feel justly I should be rewarded:

STEP 1: I error out at sub boss 1 and have to reboot, inconveniencing the other players, who might have to disband.

STEP 2: I then reboot and find another instance, only to bail the SECOND I discover someone hasn't been kicked at sub-boss 2 so I might pick up the symbols of myth I need to move forward. I will do the same until I am at the main boss and can pick up the last couple symbols of myth from him, because to do and re-do such high-level content is not feasible, especially when it mostly ends in tears. In this time, three other people (or more as I've taken a spot for someone else genuinely wanting to play) are inconvenienced because of me wandering this labyrinth of rewards/punishment.

STEP 3: I rage at my TWELVE reboots in one day and then realize that since I went through one sub-boss in a raid, I'm going to have to spend the rest of the week not only bailing on said raid for the level requirements are bugged (NO ONE is finishing Halls Of Hades or Labyrinth of Lost Souls with 8 cr106's, LOL!—I got booted for being a paltry cr111!), but because the information required in the brief is not there to English non-speakers and it has to be Google translated and added manually EACH raid in Labyrinth.

"NO! Stand on the circle that turns yellow, Tank!”
    (“Stand en el círculo que gira tanque amarillo!“)

"Que? Es Humore!”

[In this hilarity, my ps3 was just sitting here in DCUO doing nothing and it crashed AGAIN right while I'm typing this after the first crash. Classic!]

I liked the game enough to play for over 8 months and pay for a few (so far), but this is a total FAIL.

I crashed a total of twelve times, mostly in raids, 3 times just standing there in ONE day. I hope this will be fixed soon. I'm going nuts. It takes about 8 minutes from crash to OS rebuild to game load and character load. That's 96 minutes of repairs today alone, 64 yesterday, and 64 the day before. About 3.5 hours of rebuilding/loading in 3 days. Ouch.

Please add these items to my bank or my inventory once you have repaired the bugs, but not before:
    --12 symbols of myth for every day you have not fixed the bug.
    --I don't care about the crappy T6 alert gear, so ignore that. People generally just delete it.
    --The cr100 handblasters I would have gotten for doing the raids I needed to in order to get them.

Thank you very much for you kindness, not offering any excuses for the code issues, lost hours of gameplay, lost personal time rebooting, lost PS3 hardware lifetime for the crashes, nor replying as if you're powerless to manage compensation of your own intellectual property from currency which, well, really doesn't even exist (as your “customer service team” has been quite astute in deflecting any responsibility or, frankly, basic knowledge of your own product--I had to research "linkdead" myself as they couldn't be bothered to tell me of an issue a couple years old now). Perhaps we should receive nothing, and then pretend it's our fault.

Ah, the PS3 has rebooted. I shall go rage now, though it's not my power!
  13. metal10 Level 30

Im not paying another real dollar on to this game, and i wouldnt blame anyone else either, those who defend the latest shoddy work are far less than those who dont like the non stop crashing, audio drops, and the bugs that have not been fixed. BattleZone for instance, never ending lag, and that player 99 or what ever it is...cmon...? really DCU has made some serious cash off the paying players and we want a functional game and service, since we have invested our money into the company we will get what we pay for, quality over quantity..
    And i payed around 20$ or more a a month on this game, so yes.. they can do better, or us paying customers will walk... its that simple.. free players, hush...
    • Like x 1
  14. metal10 Level 30

FYI to all those reading, i have been paying and playing for several years now, just because today is day one posting on this forum does not mean i am a noob.

Just dont pay them and when their wallets hurt like ours do, then maybe they will get off their butts and do some real fixes instead of adding on more lame content, which will add to the problem.. it is settled science, and if the folks ya have working cant fix it... fire them.. and hire someone that can... its that simple..
    • Like x 1
  15. beardrive Committed Player

i did the lightening bounties (10 of them IN A ROW for skill points) and when I reached the tenth Heat Wave hit me and I went underground. Still locked on him, I was 20 feet underground and couldn't kill him so I warped, and the feat reset to ZERO. Two days of FAIL with that one. I want them to create a "delete feat" button so I don't ever have to look at it again, because I'm not doing it, ever again.
  16. metal10 Level 30

about the marks of triumph going away, that was a bad move, they should still be around considering i and others spent real cash for replay badges, and that in its self is a money grab... not cool not cool, us paying players are really upset, considering we cant purchase the lower level gear now we have been grinding our butts off... too easy to bring them back... as i stated... not paying another real $$$$ Dollar on this game until we get what we paid for...
    • Like x 1