Potential Spammer Solution

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm stealing this idea from someone from another thread but the thing to do would be to make it that in order to have access to the forums, you must be at least a Premium subscriber. This way even the $5 expense would become too expensive to create all of these bogus accounts just so they can spam. I've ignored 18 of these spammer accounts which would cost $90 at this point and when you're getting no traffic to whatever you're spamming, the cost would outweigh the need to create other accounts. This could work with gold and in game money spammers in game. Speaking of which. I noticed Daybreak doesn't do a thing about these people as I still see them standing around the safehouses and I know they're the same ones because I already have them on my in game ignore list so I'm doubting they're going to do anything about these clowns.
  2. LanternLove Well-Known Player

No that completely excludes new people. There are always new threads like 'what dlc should i first buy?' Etc.
    Normally sites just have that picture before login where you have to type out the text. They just need to make more of those. You should not be able to make more than 1 thread a minute and that time should increase. No more than 5 threads in 30 minutes. If you try to post then you face more bot check pictures.
    • Like x 7
  3. X-zero Loyal Player

Don't think there is a way to verify ps membership level. Plus Ftp game with paid forums seems wrong.
    • Like x 4
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're working on a few things that will help. We're hoping not to have to put the forums behind a pay wall.
    • Like x 23
  5. Juxes Committed Player

It wasn't only these forums, I noticed last night around the same time the Planet side 2 forums were getting spammed to death as well.
  6. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

There is. See that designation under your avatar that All Access and PS? IIRC you couldn't get those unless you were a paid member. Speaking of which, I should be listed as an all access member as I am now an all access subscriber on PC.
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Thanks for this and I hope not as well but this is epidemic right now and down right annoying and has to booger up the servers some.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nah, you're only granted the All Access badge if you've subscribed once. Then you can enable it. I don't think you can disable it. I'm not subbed on PC, currently, yet I still have the badge.

The Playstation badge is entirely optional and requires no validation, also.

The quickest solution is probably to put a verification system in place when making a post. It looked as though a Bot did all the spamming and as intelligent as Bots are and have become, they can still be stopped by strong verification systems.
    • Like x 5
  9. X-zero Loyal Player

Anyone can have the PS one: you could be solely PC, PS free, PS premium, or PS legendary. The reason is because as of now they have no way to account check a PS membership.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not for nothing, where did you get that Soder Cola machin?
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I didn't XD I made it in a 3D graphics program and then Photoshopped it into a DCUO screenshot.

It's my attempt to "raise awareness" and encourage people to encourage the developers to utilise Player Studio.
    • Like x 4
  12. nexthustle Well-Known Player

it would work, you'll be tampering with the constipation.
  13. nexthustle Well-Known Player

You my friend, are just a hater or a ***** dude.

[IMG]
  14. MrWon Committed Player

I suggest a limitation on creating threads on the Gameplay Discussion side of the forum to 2-3 per day.
    • Like x 1
  15. JReel New Player

[IMG]
  16. ChuckLess New Player

Absolutely not!
    • Like x 2
  17. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

As others have said, Currently there is no way to verify PS membership status, if there was every PS player with membership would be able to be granted access to the test server via their PS accounts, and we would have 5-6 less threads a month on the subject.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrWon Committed Player

Come on, no one is going to create 2-3 threads a day. I have never seen anyone create 2-3 threads per day and I'm pretty sure you haven't too. This won't be affecting anything on commenting. XD
    • Like x 2
  19. Nuubia Well-Known Player

I do hope something is done but I don't think this is the solution. Forums should be accessible to new F2P players who are starting out the game - they may need to come here to ask for help or guides.
    • Like x 1
  20. NaumNML New Player

EQ as well. I think it was all DBGs forums.